Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Raid Demo

I've found FoG + instants to be better than WoF for single target fights, especially if there is movement involved. WoF is a more useful build for questing (not raiding) where you will usually have more than one target.

My "long range artillery" build is based on FoG instead of Shockstrike. I only use a Shockstrike build when I need the extra -hate from the general tree (for T4 this would be General Sheng and Emperor fights).

Quote Originally Posted by Phishbone View Post
    Sorry but you are wrong.
    Tribrid is barely usable in pvp, it's only really good for world pvp and sieges. Back before 3.0 in worked pretty well for pvp, but now it's really a sub par build.

As for pve, only very specific fights could you get away with a tribrid build, and why would you want it? What do you need purge for in pve (the whole point of a tribrid), unless your going for tome. As for tome, losing PoD if your havoc heavy does not make sense, while if your deep enough in conflag to buy the extended pacts for maximizing renegotiation you would not have enough points to even get far enough to feat the shock debuff.

No, tribrid is not very good for anything but a single target dps battle where the only reason for going all 3 trees would to be maximize your sustainable core dps spells with getting all 3 +magic damage feats, which I only use in sieges for pvp, not ever in pve.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Almuryc View Post
    I've found FoG + instants...
    The point is you will do the damage of FoG that casts in 2 sec during two hits of WoF that takes 1 sec. And Hellfire Stream will still be on cooldown since you used that before WoF. If ranged, of course, do Shockstrike / FoG... But how often do you have movement involved in fights in a raid...

A tribrid build in pve is very pointless build. You either have to give up buffing/healing pet/demonic heart/pact of dread or combustion/detonation/improved waves of flame to use a tribrid build, either way you lose a lot of dps. Bottom line is you need to have pet buff/heal feated and you can choose between havoc/conflag build or havoc/gen build, anything else is just lowering your potential and gimping your group.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    A tribrid build in pve is very pointless build. You either have to give up buffing/healing pet/demonic heart/pact of dread or combustion/detonation/improved waves of flame to use a tribrid build, either way you lose a lot of dps. Bottom line is you need to have pet buff/heal feated and you can choose between havoc/conflag build or havoc/gen build, anything else is just lowering your potential and gimping your group.
    Are you sure you have played a tribrid. Most of those upper havoc feats dont give you much dps as pact is crushed by incinerates. Tome and attunement easily make up for that damage lost. You also can spellweave a ton with dark meditation and have easier time with -hate.
    Last edited by Phishbone; 29th December 2013 at 02:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Tribrid is barely usable in pvp, it's only really good for world pvp and sieges. Back before 3.0 in worked pretty well for pvp, but now it's really a sub par build.

As for pve, only very specific fights could you get away with a tribrid build, and why would you want it? What do you need purge for in pve (the whole point of a tribrid), unless your going for tome. As for tome, losing PoD if your havoc heavy does not make sense, while if your deep enough in conflag to buy the extended pacts for maximizing renegotiation you would not have enough points to even get far enough to feat the shock debuff.

No, tribrid is not very good for anything but a single target dps battle where the only reason for going all 3 trees would to be maximize your sustainable core dps spells with getting all 3 +magic damage feats, which I only use in sieges for pvp, not ever in pve.
    Only like all of t3 and half of t4 other than that you cant use it. Believe it or not you also have this dual spec option and fights where you have to range you go havoc/general it is crazy. Hybrid spec is only good for solo pve if you want the crappy heal and pvp. It is really overrated for raids.

I've updated some things and included an example for an Entity build.

The ideas about a Trispec are interesting, but honestly, I'm not sure I get it right. Could one the "Trispeccers" post an example build, please? This might be helpful for those wanting to test it.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Stickied
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Phishbone View Post
    Only like all of t3 and half of t4 other than that you cant use it. Believe it or not you also have this dual spec option and fights where you have to range you go havoc/general it is crazy. Hybrid spec is only good for solo pve if you want the crappy heal and pvp. It is really overrated for raids.
    Haha, getting lectured by pve demo's. Why would you want to go tribrid? Explain the reasoning on what you would buy in all three trees that would benefit you more than a havoc/general or conflag/general build. I'm interested in what viable pve build someone would need to justify going tribrid for anything other than an entity fight, when you can just pick one tree and go general with the same results.

As for hybrid, I usually just raid with my pvp spec and still do fine. I honestly don't care about pve though, you can faceroll your keyboard and still be on top of the parse as long as you have a high enough magic damage, crit, and crit chance. So all this micro management of do this and do that, it's pretty funny to see people think this class is anymore complicated than pressing 5 buttons and knowing how to move around.

And Dark Meditation...really?
    Last edited by Suctum; 29th December 2013 at 12:13.
    Doomsayer 2008

For Entity and Archfiend of Gore, just get Flame Body and you're set. No need for points in General. Instant Planar Shift is also neat to get once you are that deep Conflagration.
    Last edited by Shax84; 29th December 2013 at 13:18.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast