Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The World boss discussions

Because farming the same boss for 24 hours straight is fun?

People have done boss on 13 alts? That's pathetic, go spend time with your families

The only reason why the loot from the bosses is cool is because the sets are rare, but with the amount of farming that's being done everyone will have the same stuff essentially killing any rarity from the legendary pets and vanity gear. I'm happy with the increase in participation and possibly subscribers as of late but a change needs to be done.

In addition the last week has been the worst week I can remember with people signing up the raid and popping the mini. I have screen shots of there being on two total when the mini started. You can't post in global either because it gets taken up by thirty people saying "OMG IS DRAGON UP" "X UP DRAGONS" a change needs to be made. I personnaly can't wait until the next dragon is placed away from the gaurds, gonna be a bit more fun for pvpers
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuris View Post
    and you know whats best here right?
    Yes.

In this particular case I am right. You are wrong.

It needs a lockout. Simple.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    Yes.

In this particular case I am right. You are wrong.

It needs a lockout. Simple.
    y, like 2 months ;]
    We will be Serious after death.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Suggestion:
    - Make the cultists spawn when 24 people have entered the instance.
    - Make killing the world boss give everybody in the instance a debuff, lasting two hours, preveting you from summoning and gaining loot from another world boss.

Reasons:
    - Less waiting.
    - Less crashing.
    - More predictable loot distribution.
    These are nice suggestions, especially the first. This way players would have some way to shorten the wait and some control over what is happening, giving more casual players a chance at the content too.

@Flor:

So, far what worked for me is:
    Decide to do something else...while waiting 30-120 minutes for a boss. Staying in the same instance after making sure, no boss was slain there yet. Setting the settings for particles on "don't show" or "raid and pvp" and reducing the simultanous sounds. Also "preloading" the animations for your client can help (e.g. go in combat at least once and do some spells or combos). Then just making sure to not logout automatically and do the "something else" waiting for cultists...(really this content should win the award of "best designed afk content of 2013", some classes can go full afk even since they get the quest through retributive damage or pets).

What never worked for me was hunting the right instance or listening to "hints" in global. Same that happened to you, happened to me there.

I also like the idea of one constant boss spawn location, maybe with a lesser loot list or reserved for people wanting to get the quest done, not get all the possible random loot (some clarification from the officials wether the loot list for the other bosses will be the same or not, can help here!).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 29th December 2013 at 20:18.

Come on guys, its just a couple of dies more until we return to normal againthe..

* Fire/Palace/Vortex (Exp, Gear, AA)
    * Wing 3 HM (Need exp bowl runners) and
    * Wing 1 (1 shard reserved) or
    * Yag only (need key or TP)

... in global again.

Can't wait.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by maark View Post
    come on guys, its just a couple of dies more until we return to normal againthe..

* fire/palace/vortex (exp, gear, aa)
    * wing 3 hm (need exp bowl runners) and
    * wing 1 (1 shard reserved) or
    * yag only (need key or tp)

... In global again.

Can't wait.
    hold spot for me!
    We will be Serious after death.

It is easier to find groups now than for years. I`ve done all my group quests this week, which has been sitting in my journal forever because there was no groups.

To say a pop boom kils groups is nonsense.

Stay on topic and quit flaming/trolling or thread is closed.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

There are some good ideas here. I think solutions that allow the boss to be farmed even more are not ideal. The main outcome of any change is that people can do it once for the quest without having to sit on a pad for 2-4 hours per toon.

Guilds and groups putting the instances on guild bot timers and filling the next 2 instances due to spawn in advance means the event is no longer fun - because you have to sit in the instance for 2 hours otherwise it will be full when the boss spawns.All week when I log on its just a server full of people pad camping, and will become the week many come to dread by the end of the year nothing is changed.

Some ideas:

Randomize the instances the boss spawns in.
    Spawn a boss in 3 instances of a zone at the same time so all waiting can do it, maybe extend cooldown after each set since less will miss out
    Only allow a box drop the first time you do it to complete the quest -or have a few days when box only drop with quest and a few days where it is a free for all.
    Last edited by dubhuir; 29th December 2013 at 23:47.

Quote Originally Posted by dubhuir View Post
    Or just put a 5 hour cooldown per character for loot like I said earlier. It's fixed then.

They could even put a little timer on a debuff icon at the top of your screen if they can spare the dev time.

There is no need for complicated solutions. Funcom cant do any fixes that require resources so we need to keep it simple guys.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast