Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The World boss discussions

I have to admit that I don't enjoy the event all that much. Waiting times can be long, and the encounter itself is boring. It looks like gear (cloak, dragon pet) is the sole motivating factor to do this. Also, I can't help but wonder about the intention behind the event's design:

Is it aimed at casual players? Boss difficulty and general loot quality clearly point in that direction. But casual players have more difficulty actually getting a kill (as they are less likely to figure out how the spawn timer works, probably won't tie the timer to a bot, etc etc). And also, why is there a legendary reward for casual content?

Or is it aimed at hardcore players? The quest reward sure looks hardcore. Also, the player cap / spawn timer problem benefits well-organised guilds. But in terms of boss difficulty and general loot quality, this about as far away from hardcore as can be.

In the end, people will be do the world boss content for the loot, but I can't imagine anyone will be terribly happy with it a few months into the events.

(Note that all of this applies to PvE servers only, I can imagine this could be more fun on a PvP server.)
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

oh yeah, u got that right, It's been fun so fun on pvp server lot lot of killing
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    I have to admit that I don't enjoy the event all that much. Waiting times can be long, and the encounter itself is boring. It looks like gear (cloak, dragon pet) is the sole motivating factor to do this. Also, I can't help but wonder about the intention behind the event's design:

Is it aimed at casual players? Boss difficulty and general loot quality clearly point in that direction. But casual players have more difficulty actually getting a kill (as they are less likely to figure out how the spawn timer works, probably won't tie the timer to a bot, etc etc). And also, why is there a legendary reward for casual content?

Or is it aimed at hardcore players? The quest reward sure looks hardcore. Also, the player cap / spawn timer problem benefits well-organised guilds. But in terms of boss difficulty and general loot quality, this about as far away from hardcore as can be.

In the end, people will be do the world boss content for the loot, but I can't imagine anyone will be terribly happy with it a few months into the events.

(Note that all of this applies to PvE servers only, I can imagine this could be more fun on a PvP server.)
    I'll admit since I am only doing it for quest completion on alts and to at least get the dragon pet on my main. However, since I basically work through Christmas until the weekend, I am left with only 2 days of play time to try and get the dragon pet on my main before they move on tot he next event.

This is why I hate timed events, because when you work 11-14 hours a day during the Holidays you miss everything. I have always hated the instanced encounters in AoC, and if servers cannot handle more than 50 people in a zone then they should have picked another delivery system. Pad camping zones and hoping information is correct or bot timing it is completely stupid, it takes more effort to actually get in the proper instance in time than to actually fight the piñata.
    Doomsayer 2008

Edited the title of the thread as Cynara didn't start it and it reflected on the original OPs wiews.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

I can see this world boss thing being fun for lot's of folks who are fairly new to game, but it's not that fun to me.
    Feels like I'm playing Musical Chairs, but only with instances.
    I did it for a couple hours yesterday and got 1 dragon kill and 10 minutes today before I realized how irritated I was feeling and how miserable I was last night playing that damn musical instance thing.

Oh well. Some are having tons of fun with it. Cool for them and funcom. But as a long-term vet.... i say "Meh".

T4, total end-game stuff has been out for how long now? Yeah, I need progression or there is nothing here for me.

Today has been a total disaster. Hardly been any world bosses around. Several crashes where timers resets and people are just standing around for hours waiting..

While I was getting ready for work, there were two bosses spawned at about 8 am PST (I missed both, of course) so I don't know what you are having issues with.

The best bet I found was to get hold of the spawn list and get in the closest upcoming instance you could then wait for the spawn. This morning I just did not have enough time. If you play 'find the instance' by going between epic commons and nobles normal you are more likely to miss it if its a busy time of day. The commons and epic spawns were the ones I had more luck getting into than any of the called out noble normal spawns.

Oh, and if you try and use summons option when the instance is already full its nearly a guaranteed crash. So I would suggest that you check the instance list and make sure the one you want is open before accepting your group leaders summon request.

But there were more crashes than usual when you were trying to get into instances this week in nobles.

World boses in AoC suck:
    - low instance limit
    - just two spwan points on maps there is completely nothing to do
    - no summoning to instance

In AoC I spend 10h waiting. And 15min fighting. 4 kills.

During TSW 1st anniversary event I was able to do kill up to 6-10 bosses per hour.
    One weekend and I had 150 bosses marked dead.
    After 2 weeks 450 quest kills (+150 unrewarded).
    85% time spend in game was fighting bosses.
    5% rezoning.
    10% doing quest waiting for for quests cooldown to fade.

But this even has one good side. I have plenty time to read.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    World boses in AoC suck:
    - low instance limit
    - just two spwan points on maps there is completely nothing to do
    - no summoning to instance

In AoC I spend 10h waiting. And 15min fighting. 4 kills.

During TSW 1st anniversary event I was able to do kill up to 6-10 bosses per hour.
    One weekend and I had 150 bosses marked dead.
    After 2 weeks 450 quest kills (+150 unrewarded).
    85% time spend in game was fighting bosses.
    5% rezoning.
    10% doing quest waiting for for quests cooldown to fade.

But this even has one good side. I have plenty time to read.

Yes, it is the first boss.

Hopefully they will learn. Spawns are way too far between, i think they underestimated how successful the world bosses would be. One month ago you could`t have filled one instance if your life depended on it.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast