Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The World boss discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Xanzyx View Post
    I came looking to see what all was new and actually thought this new event seemed really cool. Then I read the forums. I'm suddenly turned off. The new stuff still attracts me but you guys are making it hard to want to be apart of it.
    Bunch of boring bar stewards in here. Best ignored I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    As regards the spawn time. With so many instances there's a dragon up every 15-20 minutes or so. It's just a case of having your timers on in guild bot and people spread across the instances for a quick change.
    Well, so many people have timers now that it's IME not at all uncommon for instances to fill up 30 min before the next boss spawn. So you still spend a lot of time waiting for the next spawn; and I remember there wasn't much waiting of this sort in the 5th anniversary events -- sometimes you'd reach an instance when the boss was at 50%, but you could still zone in. There were no cases of an instance being full before the boss even spawned. I liked that much better, even if the fights themselves were a bit more laggy than now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    This is a disaster.

In my holidays I always expect some good gaming, good laughs and drunken fun.

This year?

Stand afk ingame / crash your game to death while zoning for 1-2 hours, all to kill ezmode dragon. Then repeat this process x ammount of times.

Even with double AA gain global is struggling to make simple HM groups.

Make it easier to find a dragon, so we don't have to spend all our time ingame waiting afk. It's so silly.
    I could not even enter a minigame. This idea with bosses really ruined and killed the game. People, those who hunt all the tag-to-win bosses on all of their characters, will burn out and never return to the title. Newcomers will not find any groups and leave the game.
    I have a withdrawal syndrome right now (from AoC), and I cannot play anything else. But logging on to see torrents of AAs precipitating upon my head or loot-hungry people putting "x" for a "dragon" on Global is not an option, as it is impossible to find any low-level group (and ofttimes, high-level).

Thanks, Funcom, for the worst Yule (but Halloween was the best).
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 26th December 2013 at 14:56.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I could not even enter a minigame. This idea with bosses really ruined and killed the game. People, those who hunt all the tag-to-win bosses on all of their characters, will burn out and never return to the title. Newcomers will not find any groups and leave the game.
    You're exagerating as usual.
    There is still minis starting, with the same people as before, the same behaviour, the same results.
    There is still pugs raids ( mostly w1/w3 hm) and dungeons (mostly flame vortex palace runs)
    There is less than before cause of the event maybe, and cause it's holidays too. Sounds a good reason too.
    And what is wrong with AA btw, you want stupid slow progression as 2010 when rogues needed to time-train 1080 hours before attempting to do some grasslands HM ?

Bibik, I was waiting for one more person (1/12) in just one queue for 20 minutes in minigames at 80 two days ago. Black Castle groups did not work at all. I gave up and went to bed. I am sorry for venting my frustration about this here.
    And yes, I want the previous AA progression without the offline timer if you ask about that.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 26th December 2013 at 15:56.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I just wish there was more to this than waiting around and leeching. Zones are filled 30 minutes before a boss spawns so if you want to kill something you have the join it's zone and wait, doing nothing but AFKing for 30+ minutes, it's pretty lame. Maybe a 30 minute timer would work better, at least people would get to do something other than standing around doing nothing waiting for a boss to spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    Bunch of boring bar stewards in here. Best ignored I say.
    +1, I hope no FTP thinking of subscribing or others thinking of playing take all the whining about this game and this particular new content seriously. It's just part of MMOs for forum nards to whinge and gripe daily, and yes, absolutely, all the whining on this particular topic is grossly exaggerated.

MMO 101... New content comes out... people spend a few days focusing the new content... then back to business as usual whatever business means for any particular player.

EDIT, and incidentally, there is NO WAY to time this particular spawn to particular instances with any degree of exactitude, which is another exaggeration repeated in these world boss whining threads, people who seem to be doing that are merely hanging out in the longer up instances which haven't had a spawn in them for the longest time. I have seen several instances where the crowd is wrong and it spawns in one of the "next possible" instances as opposed to the full up one.
    Last edited by canto; 26th December 2013 at 17:06.

Quote Originally Posted by canto View Post
    EDIT, and incidentally, there is NO WAY to time this particular spawn to particular instances with any degree of exactitude, which is another exaggeration repeated in these world boss whining threads, people who seem to be doing that are merely hanging out in the longer up instances which haven't had a spawn in them for the longest time. I have seen several instances where the crowd is wrong and it spawns in one of the "next possible" instances as opposed to the full up one.
    There really is, the only exceptions are if a new instance is created or a boss is killed in an instance and everyones zones from that instance and it's removed.

In the cases of the standard, Gamma, Nu, Thor etc, it's pretty easy to time out boss spawns.

If you have the list of which ones are likely to spawn next then you just move over to that instance and wait. Once the dragon spawned it was pretty much impossible yesterday to get into that instance unless it was in epic nobles or in commons (where you had a chance at making it there in time to switch instances). It was pretty much 'go sit and wait' in the next upcoming spawn area for a dragon until fairly late last night when the server population dwindled a bit. Since I was working Tuesday and started dragon hunting in the late afternoon, it was a lot easier then to be in on the kills than on Wednesday. But you could make a list with an educated guess as to where to go next. Even when the dragon was up to spawn in a couple instances at once, those instances were pretty much full up right away yesterday as soon as the dragon was sighted (even if you had a guildie in that instance when cultists popped you had a hard time getting to that instance in time). I think I made it into a popped instance once or maybe twice yesterday during the day (not including one epic or the commons ones). Otherwise my only success was to sit in an upcoming instance and wait and hope, which did take hours to get a dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by cynara View Post
    Well, so many people have timers now that it's IME not at all uncommon for instances to fill up 30 min before the next boss spawn. So you still spend a lot of time waiting for the next spawn; and I remember there wasn't much waiting of this sort in the 5th anniversary events -- sometimes you'd reach an instance when the boss was at 50%, but you could still zone in. There were no cases of an instance being full before the boss even spawned. I liked that much better, even if the fights themselves were a bit more laggy than now.
    I personally accept there will be some waiting and to be honest prefer that to the lag fest that happened more often than not in the 5th anniversary event. It was not uncommon for me to be standing there rooted the entire fight due to the amount of people crammed into one instance and I was not alone in that judging by the comments of others in my guild.

As I said in my original reply, I hope dev's/GM's are monitoring the situation and assessing the system impact of the number cap on each instance with a view to gradually increasing it but for me the priority has to be making it playable.

If FC had left the instance cap at it's normal level and boss fights were almost unplayable I'm guessing FC would have taken it in the neck for that too.

Perhaps a cautious approach in the beginning will be seen as the wise approach in due course. Time will tell!

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast