Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The World boss discussions

These spawns need to be RANDOMIZED.

I know that several of the top guilds have programmed their bots to tell their guildies where to be 30 minutes ahead of time.

With instances that fill up at only a measly 50 people, this is just absurd. Almost every instance is full long before the average player can get there, meaning the big guilds are getting 5-6 kills an hour while the avg player is managing 1-2.

I spent 2 hours sitting on a rez pad hoping it was going to be my instance, to get one dragon. A lot of others on the server were doing the same. Gonna be a long and painful quest that I'll end up hating unless something is changed about how it works.

I think something as simple as having pairs of bosses spawn in differences instances at the same time would help - (so 3 pairs instead of 3). Also it would be better to require say 11 of 12 bosses to complete the quest for people who may want to take a vacation or who have to work away from home for a couple of weeks this year.
    Last edited by dubhuir; 25th December 2013 at 22:42.

They did say (I think) that if you miss a boss it just updates the next one on the list when you get back: so you would get credit for one boss a month regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    eheh, people are already making timers for the cultists, so gl to get into the right instance 15+ minutes before the cultists appear, lol
    Actually, in a lot of cases the instance is full 30-50 minutes before the cultists appear. People are just flat out camping a full instance just to get a kill.

Oh puhleeze drama queens with the "long wait" "sitting around" BS, I did dragon ten times tonight in about 4 hours and only been back ingame a week or less after 5 yr absence. I have stood around more than that in every MMO I've played waiting for guildmates to form up. Got a tier 2 hox sword (no one could do T2 when I left game in 08 lol, was either broken or too hard can't remember) and a couple sets of cool looking social armor, rest was junk but hey, I had a blast today putting christmas presents together in between dragon pops.

"Top guilds are blocking everyone out." LAWLZ, couldn't make this stuff up. I'm unguilded as of yet and no problem whatsoever getting into many raids US EST primetime. Stop fibbing please.

Quote Originally Posted by canto View Post
    Oh puhleeze drama queens with the "long wait" "sitting around" BS, I did dragon ten times tonight in about 4 hours and only been back ingame a week or less after 5 yr absence. I have stood around more than that in every MMO I've played waiting for guildmates to form up. Got a tier 2 hox sword (no one could do T2 when I left game in 08 lol, was either broken or too hard can't remember) and a couple sets of cool looking social armor, rest was junk but hey, I had a blast today putting christmas presents together in between dragon pops.

"Top guilds are blocking everyone out." LAWLZ, couldn't make this stuff up. I'm unguilded as of yet and no problem whatsoever getting into many raids US EST primetime. Stop fibbing please.
    US EST primetime is when the majority of AoC playerbase enjoys their sleep, so.. gz and as it´s been already said, a lot of people are already using the timers integrated in their guild bots, so they´re just surfing from one instance to another, while the random guys best chance is to sit in his chosen instance for 1-2 hours and hope for a spawn

you know, I´ve got nothing against dragon timers in general, I´ve used them a lot in GW2, but that is a game that doesn´t lock your instance once you´ve got handfull of people inside
    Last edited by Argantes; 26th December 2013 at 09:48.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

This is a disaster.

In my holidays I always expect some good gaming, good laughs and drunken fun.

This year?

Stand afk ingame / crash your game to death while zoning for 1-2 hours, all to kill ezmode dragon. Then repeat this process x ammount of times.

Even with double AA gain global is struggling to make simple HM groups.

Make it easier to find a dragon, so we don't have to spend all our time ingame waiting afk. It's so silly.

Definitely these timers of 2-3 hours are sick..

Make it so you cant farm it constantly too.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by cynara View Post
    My main complaint is that playfield instances seem to be filling up a lot faster than during the 5th anniversary events. Getting into the instance in which cultists have been reported before it fills up seems to be much harder now than it was back then. Either there are more players now, or the maximum number of players per instance has been decreased. In the combat logs so far I saw only up to 70-ish players at the same time.

And as always, what's the use of having all this nice new social armor if there is no space to store it... We need more storage space, or some easy way of getting social armor back after deleting it (e.g. by being shifted to /claims or something like that).

Edited to add: I didn't start this thread and certainly didn't pick the title - I have no idea what happened here but it seems that someone deleted the first 5 or so posts in the thread. I don't think the world boss idea is boring, but the number of players allowed per instance should be increased and the respawn time reduced somewhat.

I think they reduced the number cap on each instance after the experience of the 5th year anniversary boss encounters.
    If you recall the lag was horrendous everywhere and especially so in Khemi and Kopsheff. I suspect the dev's will be monitoring the situation and the numbers may well be increased while they keep an eye on server latency. Perhaps there's room to increase numbers per instance but not if it's at the expense of playability.

What I've noticed with the new boss encounters is no lag at all and that's even with particles on at maximum.

As regards the spawn time. With so many instances there's a dragon up every 15-20 minutes or so. It's just a case of having your timers on in guild bot and people spread across the instances for a quick change.
    Last edited by Jota180; 26th December 2013 at 13:55.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast