Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The World boss discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Karadok View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, just let the bosses spawn at the same time in all available instances and everything´s fine. People kill the boss and all are knowing that the next kill will be in 2 or 2,5 hours, so they can enjoy other parts of the game until then.

A lockout only make players angry because it prevents them from doing stuff the game offers. Just correct the offer, don´t penalize players.
    There is a small problem with that. If all instances spawn at the same time, they will all empty immediately after the bosses die. After 15 minutes, the zones will close and we will be down to 1 or 2 instances left from people sitting afk waiting for 2 - 2.5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Are you slow? I used the horse racing to show that funcom hasn't has a good track record of using their resources.
    ...and the only way that could possibly be relevant in a thread about world bosses is to hint that the track record is showing again.

Therefore I`m refuting that by pointing at the difference in how the population reacts to world bosses compared to your example of Funcom`s track reckord (no pun intended).

I may be slow, but you are the one showing the symptoms

So saying that the content is how they intended because they've never messed anything up before is absolutely insane.
    Dude, read my post again. I am prepared to defend what I write, but I can not defend things you make up inside your head

But until we have people that think farming it 500 times in one week is okay a solution will never be found. Ignorance is bliss
    How is it ignorant to disagree with you?

It`s not that I don`t understand what you say, I just disagree. That`s not ignorance it is a disagreement.

I think farming it 500 times a week (if that is at all doable, which I seriously doubt) is fine. In fact I will buy you a beer if you can do it. You deserve it (after all that bloodpurple ale).
    Last edited by Bignose; 1st January 2014 at 18:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Bignose View Post
    How is it ignorant to disagree with you?

It`s not that I don`t understand what you say, I just disagree. That`s not ignorance it is a disagreement.

I think farming it 500 times a week (if that is at all doable, which I seriously doubt) is fine. In fact I will buy you a beer if you can do it. You deserve it (after all that bloodpurple ale).
    It's ignorant to not realize that doing something hundreds of times is an exploitation that wasn't suppose to happen.

Also you realize that you can quote multiple times in one post right?

Inb4close/fix
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

It's ignorant to not realize that doing something hundreds of times is an exploitation that wasn't suppose to happen.

Inb4close/fix
    It is not an exploit. Either ignore it or do it.

I find the world bosses fun content exactly because it is possible to do it again and again.

If you don`t like killing the boss over and over again, you can chose to not do it -almost any other content you do instead will reward you more. Groups are forming all the time, I have not done so much group content for months as while world boss event was going on.

Good luck finding content in an MMO where you don`t do the same stuff over and over again, btw.

Preventing people from killing world bosses all day long if they so choose, will reduce a lot of people`s fun and lessen the positive impact of intoducing the world bosses in the first place.

I hope the developer tweaks it if neccessary, maybe they should cut the respawn time a little so it is easier for ppl who just want one kill to get it. No need for big changes imo.

Exploit? I strongly disagree yith you. You know, disagree with you, or in other words what you like to refer to as "being ignorant"

Yes. Thank you. I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bignose View Post
    Preventing people from killing world bosses all day long if they so choose, will reduce a lot of people`s fun and lessen the positive impact of intoducing the world bosses in the first place.
    The only thing this "prevents" is people from learning to play their toons correctly, explore other game content, and/or stop players from progressing in-game while they waste their time spamming combo [1].

/signed ; have a lock-out similar to dungeons (24-hrs). You can help kill it after that but NO loot. That way they can "kill world bosses all day long..."

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post

100-500 times is farming/exploiting. Simple.
    FUNCOM saw this happen the last time. They're just lazy and don't care enough to implement things correctly. I'll exploit the **** outta something in this game just to spite them. But I'm not mentally challenged enough to run from instance to instance trying to get crap-tastic loot.
    Last edited by Mustaine; 1st January 2014 at 21:55.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

The new boss doesn't work on fury. It's insane. People are to stupid for it.
    You're in a group ? People will kill lowbies and you'll end beeing a murder. Enjoy the 600/800 meters you have to do everytime you die.
    And you die every 20 seconds once you're at the boss (at best) because retards can't kill the ice shard.
    Funniest thing is when a miracle happen, someone try to save me...and they focus me instead of the shard...
    Last edited by Religolibri; 2nd January 2014 at 01:19.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat