Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The World boss discussions

So far i haven't had much problemes getting dragon kills. Of course i'm not farming them so that's that. On PvP server it's pretty sweet. You PvP while waiting for a dragon to spawn and when the dragon is UP, join a random raid (or smaller groupes) and have fun trying to wipe the other raids (bombs on ennemies MTs is hilarious). Even with completely unorganized, PuG raids, you still get your dragon kill while having fun (and not just zerging that poor flying lizard).

By the way, i've heard there was Dragon spawns in Commons aswell. If that's true it shouldn't be hard to get to an instance when two dragons are on.

The only issue i'm having with this world boss is the murder points. With some classes it's impossible to avoid getting them even if you watch out for lowbies. Would be nice if murder points where disabled in the zone the world boss spawns.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    this is how events in GW2 work and I think it´s a better way, tbh
    Yes, this sounds better to me too.

Just imagine it working this way:
    - one minor loot box (tradeable, temporary buffs, chance for vanity sets and pets or even recipes to build statues of the 12 in your city) dropping from a kill with the chance of an additional special loot box (tradeable too, weapons between old world 80s and t2 in power (these should be available in the shop after a few bosses, too))
    - one kill token for exchanging into things from the random loot list or future loot
    - better stat balance on the cloak rewards and in addition to the power item a choice between a vanity set or a pet from the 12 (randomly maybe)
    . minor hunt quests for each of the bosses (or a set of them) with lockout and a special loot box as above as reward with minor additional vanity and pet choices
    - a higher spawn rate at various locations and maybe a short lockout (if you follow the whole lockout discussion, you can delete EVERY cooldown ingame for the same reasons you do not want a cooldown there. Has the raid cooldown, the apostate cooldown or the rare farm cooldown resulted in less people doing the content?)
    - even if you do not do a lockout cooldown (for loot only maybe), at least add khaletoteps suggestion of force spawning the cultists, when enough players are in an instance. This deliberate "letting them wait" is really really bad and i doubt it encourages people to be motivated, sub or pay money. One advantages of a cooldown or less random spawns is that players can plan ahead...all players.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 31st December 2013 at 13:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Because farming the same boss for 24 hours straight is fun?

People have done boss on 13 alts? That's pathetic, go spend time with your families

The only reason why the loot from the bosses is cool is because the sets are rare, but with the amount of farming that's being done everyone will have the same stuff essentially killing any rarity from the legendary pets and vanity gear. I'm happy with the increase in participation and possibly subscribers as of late but a change needs to be done.

In addition the last week has been the worst week I can remember with people signing up the raid and popping the mini. I have screen shots of there being on two total when the mini started. You can't post in global either because it gets taken up by thirty people saying "OMG IS DRAGON UP" "X UP DRAGONS" a change needs to be made. I personnaly can't wait until the next dragon is placed away from the gaurds, gonna be a bit more fun for pvpers
    People can spend THEIR time any way they want without a visit from the moralistic police.

We managed to get a T3 raid going within 20 minutes of going global and 6 person groups aren't an issue either.

Saw someone complaining about a person winning an epic pet on their first try while he has done it dozens of times with no epic in what is essentially a lottery. Look up the definition of lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    People can spend THEIR time any way they want without a visit from the moralistic police.

We managed to get a T3 raid going within 20 minutes of going global and 6 person groups aren't an issue either.

Saw someone complaining about a person winning an epic pet on their first try while he has done it dozens of times with no epic in what is essentially a lottery. Look up the definition of lottery.
    It's nothing to do with "the moralistic police" although I'd like to meet them some day! I wonder what their uniforms look like?

The problem is that its clearly not intended to farm/exploit it 500+ times, skipping from instance to instance. It clogs global up with "wtb dragon", "x up dragon","what ini dragon" 24/7 and I mean without exaggeration when I say 24/7 every waking moment. The game currently is people desperately and mechanically farming for this pet dragon like its a fvcking golden pokemon or something.

Also the 96 and 122 slot bags - I'm pretty sure funcom dont intend for a huge chunk of the population of getting these for free like they can now - its clearly bugged and needs a fix.

And it does impact other parts of the game if the majority of the population have jumped on board the farm train. I hear Some of you say "its ok, we all do it, it's not hurting you go play". Well, just because a lot of you do it - that does not make it right guys.

But given funcoms track record they are slow to fix or patch anything - add that to them all being on holiday and we are stuck with it for a while longer.

Lets hope they fix this mess soon eh...
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 31st December 2013 at 19:14.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Suggestion for what to do while waiting for dragons/bosses/raids

Funcom should implement some little in-game Conan-themed pop-up mini-game along the lines of CandyCrush. Gain points playing and have the results and leaderboards available in the renowned system but not actually contribute in any way to Renown. Gives ppl something to do while waiting and you can compete against fellow players on score. As things stand, lot of ppl are doing the same sort of thing, but not in any way tied to the game. No doubt their Android development division still running in Montreal can easily port something AoC players can pop up and play w/o tabbing fully away from the game to be entertained during down time.

Quote Originally Posted by burmese View Post
    Suggestion for what to do while waiting for dragons/bosses/raids

Funcom should implement some little in-game Conan-themed pop-up mini-game along the lines of CandyCrush. Gain points playing and have the results and leaderboards available in the renowned system but not actually contribute in any way to Renown. Gives ppl something to do while waiting and you can compete against fellow players on score. As things stand, lot of ppl are doing the same sort of thing, but not in any way tied to the game. No doubt their Android development division still running in Montreal can easily port something AoC players can pop up and play w/o tabbing fully away from the game to be entertained during down time.
    Subtle troll is hopefully subtle
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by usedtissue View Post
    subtle troll is hopefully subtle
    bring back drunken brawling ! !
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    bring back drunken brawling ! !
    ****ing /10 chars lol

It's still on the box as advertised hahaha.

Happy new years all!
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    It's nothing to do with "the moralistic police" although I'd like to meet them some day! I wonder what their uniforms look like?

The problem is that its clearly not intended to farm/exploit it 500+ times, skipping from instance to instance. It clogs global up with "wtb dragon", "x up dragon","what ini dragon" 24/7 and I mean without exaggeration when I say 24/7 every waking moment. The game currently is people desperately and mechanically farming for this pet dragon like its a fvcking golden pokemon or something.

Also the 96 and 122 slot bags - I'm pretty sure funcom dont intend for a huge chunk of the population of getting these for free like they can now - its clearly bugged and needs a fix.

And it does impact other parts of the game if the majority of the population have jumped on board the farm train. I hear Some of you say "its ok, we all do it, it's not hurting you go play". Well, just because a lot of you do it - that does not make it right guys.

But given funcoms track record they are slow to fix or patch anything - add that to them all being on holiday and we are stuck with it for a while longer.

Lets hope they fix this mess soon eh...
    So how do you restrict a guy with 13 level 80's from farming it? Given this game is 5 years old a fair proportion of it's players have lots of toons and could just relog to another to get round 3-4 hour lock outs.

Your idea is unworkable in that it does not work fairly for all ie it penalises those with one or two toons and has no impact on those with a dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    So how do you restrict a guy with 13 level 80's from farming it? Given this game is 5 years old a fair proportion of it's players have lots of toons and could just relog to another to get round 3-4 hour lock outs.

Your idea is unworkable in that it does not work fairly for all ie it penalises those with one or two toons and has no impact on those with a dozen.
    They could relog another that's true, or they could stop farming and enjoy another part of the game.

There is people that have done it 500 times in one week, something needs to be done. Just because you want 122 slot bags or the social pets doesn't mean its the best thing for the game. If you can't see how people being able to do this one event 500 times in one week is not how it was intended than you are delusional simple as that.

Happy new years all

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast