Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The World boss discussions

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Bibik, I was waiting for one more person (1/12) in just one queue for 20 minutes in minigames at 80 two days ago. Black Castle groups did not work at all. I gave up and went to bed. I am sorry for venting my frustration about this here.
    And yes, I want the previous AA progression without the offline timer if you ask about that.
    black castle wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Hersch View Post
    I have the dragon slayer buff on 13 toons so this idea for a 4 hour lockout and how lockouts will fix everything achieves what exactly? We can just log around and farm it as much as we want and the only people you're hurting are those with only 1-2 toons.

When you pay my sub you can tell me what I can and can't have. It's not my fault that only way to get new stuff is from standing around leeching dragon kills, not much incentive to do other things currently.
    FYI I did not tell you what you can and cant have. Stop acting like a petulant child and think.

4-5 hour lockout will stop it from being farmed 24/7.

4-5 hour lockout will open it up so regular players will get a shot at doing the quest without having to wait hours because farmers are blocking the content.

4-5 hour lockout will send people back to the game - minis, raids, K6s all are suffering because this Dragon is being "exploited" or "farmed" (whatever your viewpoint).

It's clearly not intended for you to Kill it in Gamma then rezone to Lambda, kill it there then relog to Epsilon and kill it there, then go to common district kill it in Sigma, relog to Omicron and kill it there etc etc etc. It's perfectly clear given Funcoms past content development for AOC that this is in no way intended.

Can you really see it as intended for 1 week of every month for the rest of the games lifetime that this 12 portent quest take over the entire game and nothing else in game gets done?

So again I say it needs a lockout of at least 4-5 hours per character.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

And don't forget that with a cooldown you can control things and tweak things, without enforcing content to your players.

For example, you can adjust the cooldown time. You could link the cooldown time to the quality of loot found (e.g. one potion -> 15 mins cooldown, 1 blue item -> 2h cooldown, 1 epic item -> 4h or more cooldown). Without such thing you risk destroying all the former devs balanced out lootwise to the effect K4nnyc described.

If you don't care about the overall game and just want feedback like "wow, the bosses are great!"...sure, continue and not change or adjust.

Imo, adding such lootlists, without tweaking on other points (like t1/2 weapons for tokens, adding items to the shoppe or as quest rewards or guild city shops) can destroy more than actually help.

There are some good developments though, like letting the dragon spawn in commons too and not block more than one quest (unlike the dragon in noble). In principle letting weapons drop is not a bad thing too. The vanity gear and pets are a nice touch too...but as K4nnyc said...the bosses should not be farm content by design. You can also think about adding one more playerchoice reward to the final quest reward (in addition to the legendary item a choice between weapon, pet or vanity armor set).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 29th December 2013 at 10:56.

But Hersch has a valid point.

A cooldown will only prevent those people from farming the boss 24/7 who don´t have enough toons to constantly log through alts during the cooldown period.

In effect, a cooldown will just benefit the people with a lot of alts. New players or players with few toons will be more penalized than they are now.

/EDIT: I´d suggest to spawn the world bosses in all available instances at the same time. No brainless waiting, no slipping from instance to instance, and you can do some other things between the spawns. FC can announce a new spawn some minutes earlier with a global broadcast so nobody will miss one. Time between spawns should be between 2 and 3 hours.
    Last edited by Karadok; 29th December 2013 at 11:40.

My humble opinion: this round of world bosses is much less fun than previous ones due to the increased timers and decreased player cap in instances.

Instances "next on spawn list" are getting filled 30-40 minutes before the actual spawn. The experience is 95% waiting, 5% fighting, much unlike their previous incarnation. It's boring.

Cut the spawn time in half, at the very least. Maybe even more than that. Stop being immobilized by the abject fear of "giving too many good things" to your players. Let them have fun.

They should have just made something like social tokens drop from the chests were players could save them up and then buy whatever they wanted from a vendor.

That why, you could buy the pieces you want, not waste your time getting nothing useful for kills, and people would generally gtfo of the instances once they farmed enough tokens to get what they want.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Karadok View Post
    But Hersch has a valid point.

A cooldown will only prevent those people from farming the boss 24/7 who don´t have enough toons to constantly log through alts during the cooldown period.

In effect, a cooldown will just benefit the people with a lot of alts. New players or players with few toons will be more penalized than they are now.

/EDIT: I´d suggest to spawn the world bosses in all available instances at the same time. No brainless waiting, no slipping from instance to instance, and you can do some other things between the spawns. FC can announce a new spawn some minutes earlier with a global broadcast so nobody will miss one. Time between spawns should be between 2 and 3 hours.
    That is why i suggested more boss spawn locations, too. Problem will always be for such new players to get a raid able to down them together. But if they manage, it will be a unique experience, worth doing. So, taking that chance away does not sound good to me (of course you also should offer the alternate route to avoid lockout...maybe not from the start, but after the initial phase). Some of them farmers might help there, but i doubt the majority is...more likely is the lockout effect without cooldown.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 29th December 2013 at 13:13.

Suggestion:
    - Make the cultists spawn when 24 people have entered the instance.
    - Make killing the world boss give everybody in the instance a debuff, lasting two hours, preveting you from summoning and gaining loot from another world boss.

Reasons:
    - Less waiting.
    - Less crashing.
    - More predictable loot distribution.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

It is Sunday December 29th here in my area and I still didn't get the chance to see one dragon with ANY of my 5 lvl-80 guys!

I tried several times since December 25th...different moments of the day (or the night). Never I can access quickly enough an instance! they are full in 2 seconds! and of course you can't do nothing else during this waiting period!

now this crappy event can be described like this:

1. waiting during hours near a rez point hoping that some nice other players will annonce cultists in a not-full instance!

2. once annonced trying to reach the instance...already full.

3. goto 1

I need to say I had fun and I liked the 5th anniversary event. even the kraken
    several boss at the same time, several spawn places, more people allowed in one instance?

Ideas:

- a week duration is to short! 12 boss to do in a year during 7 days? LOL I wonder how many people manage to get the cape at the end!? please 1 particular boss should stay during the entire mounth

AND

- no more interesting purple loots in reward bags every down!!! make it happend only once for each character for example! So killing the boss will become less interesting for "farmers"!

OR

- Give a 12h-debuff to players who succeeded to kill one boss!
    (the easiest solution for you and us I think) .

also

- If it is technically possible put more dragons at more different places and more often? or allow more people to go in one instance!

IMHO this "every mounth boss" event is not intended to be farm like that!

If you Funcom choose to do nothing to improve the event experience then give the cape to every player connected during the 12 mounths and that it!

EDIT: 1 dragon killed after one hour and a half waiting in front of Conan's palace

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    FYI I did not tell you what you can and cant have. Stop acting like a petulant child and think.

4-5 hour lockout will stop it from being farmed 24/7.

4-5 hour lockout will open it up so regular players will get a shot at doing the quest without having to wait hours because farmers are blocking the content.

4-5 hour lockout will send people back to the game - minis, raids, K6s all are suffering because this Dragon is being "exploited" or "farmed" (whatever your viewpoint).

It's clearly not intended for you to Kill it in Gamma then rezone to Lambda, kill it there then relog to Epsilon and kill it there, then go to common district kill it in Sigma, relog to Omicron and kill it there etc etc etc. It's perfectly clear given Funcoms past content development for AOC that this is in no way intended.

Can you really see it as intended for 1 week of every month for the rest of the games lifetime that this 12 portent quest take over the entire game and nothing else in game gets done?

So again I say it needs a lockout of at least 4-5 hours per character.
    youre here calling people names, but hes acting like a child?

and you know whats best here right? suppose you missed your job call from funcom eh?

just because you want to do all your raids and 6mans, doesn't mean we do. cause if we did, we wouldn't care about the dragon, and would still be doing them. go figure?

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast