Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The World boss discussions

While I agree this might not be the most professional thing ever, I don't think this is worth all this drama, jeez.

I mean, come on, if you stumble upon heralds or yeti, just do it. If you see people advertising for it on chat, just go for it. After a few days of farming, I don't think afk-ing or idling on spawn spot is that important. I mean, instead of doing something else (and checking for boss from time to time).

You're killing your own fun and get frustrated. If nothing pop up, then do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Suggestion:
    - Make the cultists spawn when 24 people have entered the instance.
    - Make killing the world boss give everybody in the instance a debuff, lasting two hours, preveting you from summoning and gaining loot from another world boss.

Reasons:
    - Less waiting.
    - Less crashing.
    - More predictable loot distribution.
    On Testlive forums:

Quote Originally Posted by Cirith Gorgor
    Hi everyone, I just want to pass on a couple of changes which will be coming to the World Boss system in the next patch.

Firstly there will be a change to the spawn rates of the bosses.
    Instead of spawning every 2 - 2.5 hours in each playfield instance the bosses will now be spawning every 30 - 40mins in each playfield instance. However, receiving loot will now also apply a 1 hour buff (offline timer) which will block further loot from being received. This buff also increases PvP and PvE xp gained for its duration.
    The intention of this change is to give a greater number of players an opportunity to encounter a boss, limiting the need for instance switching (and problems which can arise from doing so) and also to add an incentive for participating in other content in between boss kills.

Secondly, using the same logic which determines if a player is eligible for loot / quest updates a new buff will be applied / reapplied (every 60seconds) to players on the bosses threat list which will provide amnesty to murder points. Specifically murder points will be removed and the criminal / murder debuff will be blocked for a 90second duration.
    The intention here is that this will prevent players fighting around the boss from unfairly being flagged as murderers. Of course it does mean genuine murderers will have a chance to clear their name, but there are way around this anyway so we do believe this addition will be an overall improvement to the experience on the PvP servers.
    There's a discussion now about wether this is actually better or worse. Suggestions should probably be made there now.

http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=59057
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Cirith should work on increasing the difficulty for world bosses or just remove them. Bosses could also spawn once per four hours in a random location after the difficulty has been increased.
    PVP XP and PVE XP buffs should be not included for sure, as it will only spur people into engaging in mindless mechanics without effort, and we shall have either low-level people rushing to world bosses to continue to play every one hour, disrupting low-level dungeon group finding; aslo, PVE XP is already buffed up insanely (I still have some veteran potions from 2010, Blessing of Asura, 20 fresh kills daily, 330+ offline levels, and veteran potions at the trader to buy).
    PVP XP and PVE world bosses should not be mixed together!

Also, this change does nothing but stimulates more people to engage in farming and level up faster, which is not good at all. I would rather understand the logic of increasing PVE XP after finishing a levelling dungeon with low-level mates, even though I would deprecate it.

Funcom is being too bizarre sometimes!
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 9th January 2014 at 09:20.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Cirith should work on increasing the difficulty for world bosses or just remove them.
    .. and LunaticAsylumLA should roll a char on Fury/Rage and then we´ll see if he would still propose increasing of the difficulty for world bosses.

PVP XP and PVE world bosses should not be mixed together!
    It might be a surprise for you, but PvP and PvE world bosses are pretty close to eachother on 2/3 of existing servers and not that it would boost PvP Xp gain from kills right at the boss fight that much, but I can imagine players going to minigames after a boss kill, spending some time till the next boss pops up.

Funcom is being too weird sometimes!
    .. while you´re still the solid constant of weirdness
    Last edited by Argantes; 9th January 2014 at 09:15.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

I already suggested to enable the world bosses in their current state only on PVP servers in the Suggestion section of the forum. It will boost PVP population and will let them to earn a lot of inaccessible PVE rewards through PVP.

As for the second part, I did not speak from my point of view, as I love to combine PVP and PVE: the whole European community was against Craig spawning World Bosses in PVP areas back in the day; and, if you have the old forums-eu archive, you can find out why it led to his cancelling it.

P.S. I have had a character on Aquilonia (now Fury).
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 9th January 2014 at 09:21.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Talking gm knowledge

A lot of you have some really good ideas and advice about the world boss event--things I hadn't thought of--thanks. Many of us have alts that we want to get the legendary cape for, so it wasn't farming per se for us. Some of you missed the point---sure the waiting was annoying BUT the whole thing stemmed from the fact that a GM didn't know when the event ended, LOL....come on.
    Last edited by mortalyn; 10th January 2014 at 01:33.

Quote Originally Posted by mortalyn View Post
    A lot of you have some really good ideas and advice about the world boss event--things I hadn't thought of--thanks. Many of us have alts that we want to get the legendary cape for, so it wasn't farming per se for us. Some of you missed the point---sure the waiting was annoying BUT the whole thing stemmed from the fact that a GM didn't know when the event ended, LOL....come on.
    If your working in a customer service support position (which a GM is) how do you not know when developer announced events end?

That's like going to a restaurant and asking the server about the special you saw listed on the chalkboard but they ask you what is was so they can check on it and get back with you. That's just sh1t customer service and lack of management involvement.

The only way I can see a GM not knowing about server wide events is if they are subcontracted to work at home and never read any company emails or updates, and have not actually ever played the game. Oh wait...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    If your working in a customer service support position (which a GM is) how do you not know when developer announced events end?

That's like going to a restaurant and asking the server about the special you saw listed on the chalkboard but they ask you what is was so they can check on it and get back with you. That's just sh1t customer service and lack of management involvement.

The only way I can see a GM not knowing about server wide events is if they are subcontracted to work at home and never read any company emails or updates, and have not actually ever played the game. Oh wait...
    Wish I could be a paid Funcom GM and work from home...

Or is it true they only hire GMs that know nothing about their games.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Apparently a few Yeti bosses (The King of Winter) spawned this evening in Atzel's Approach. Was this just a random GM spawning them to give people some fun?

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Apparently a few Yeti bosses (The King of Winter) spawned this evening in Atzel's Approach. Was this just a random GM spawning them to give people some fun?
    The random spawns are awesome. In fact, we were the ones to notice there was a boss up the ladders in Connals, no one believed us, but enough showed up and the word gradually spread. Then a few bosses spawned in Atzels a bit later. Overall, the random spawns are a great idea and I hope they continue them.