Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: The World boss discussions

No, its not first. 5th anniversary was. And current version is way worse.

Spawns are not too far between. Number of instances in can show is not sufficient. If spawns would occur more often then getting to instance with bosses would be close to impossible. Now with ~2-2.5h between spawns some instances getting full even 1h before Dragon shows up. With 30min respawn no one would move anywhere.
    Last edited by bogus; 28th December 2013 at 03:34.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Oh, and if you try and use summons option when the instance is already full its nearly a guaranteed crash. So I would suggest that you check the instance list and make sure the one you want is open before accepting your group leaders summon request.

But there were more crashes than usual when you were trying to get into instances this week in nobles.
    I think you misunderstand my dedication to pve, which is almost none at all.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    No, its not first. 5th anniversary was. And current version is way worse.

Spawns are not too far between. Number of instances in can show is not sufficient. If spawns would occur more often then getting to instance with bosses would be close to impossible. Now with ~2-2.5h between spawns some instances getting full even 1h before Dragon shows up. With 30min respawn no one would move anywhere.
    Actually, with fast re-spawns, people not moving anywhere could be a good thing. Everyone playing would be able to get quick bosses. There would just be the few slightly less fortunate people who are in the not full instance so it will take a bit longer to kill. As long as it isn't so few as 2-10 people, the kill should be doable.

GRATZ ~ on your Kingsmight Ale !
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

I think most of you are missing the point of the Dragon Boss event.

It's not to farm 24/7 dragons, skipping from instance to instance as fast as possible and as often as possible. Clearly Funcom did not intend for people to do this, but its exactly this behavior that's causing people (normal people) trouble getting the dragon killed.

The dragon needs a per character lockout of 4-5 hours to prevent farming and to prevent farmers from blocking regular players from the event. It needs a lockout so all other parts of the game; minis, K6s, Raids and the new Unchained modes can get back to normal.

Add a lockout and the problems go away.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Why it shouldn't be farmed when they make the stuff people want so stupidly rare, and you just get crap 99% of time? In my case I'm after one specific vanity set and have gotten one of the other sets 6 times now.

Put the unique stuff (maybe not pets but vanity and new weapons/accessories) up for some absurd amount of raid relics (dunno what tier maybe all) or rare trophies so they're gettable without standing around leeching dragons and doing nothing else. I'd be more than happy to have even a 20 hour lockout if there would be alternatives to get this new stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Hersch View Post
    Why it shouldn't be farmed when they make the stuff people want so stupidly rare, and you just get crap 99% of time? In my case I'm after one specific vanity set and have gotten one of the other sets 6 times now.

Put the unique stuff (maybe not pets but vanity and new weapons/accessories) up for some absurd amount of raid relics (dunno what tier maybe all) or rare trophies so they're gettable without standing around leeching dragons and doing nothing else. I'd be more than happy to have even a 20 hour lockout if there would be alternatives to get this new stuff...
    I already explained why it shouldn't be farmed 24/7.

And perhaps not everyone is destined to have everything from the twelve portents bosses. Because that would be boring if everyone had everything.

It needs a lockout desperately.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post

And perhaps not everyone is destined to have everything from the twelve portents bosses. Because that would be boring if everyone had everything.

as soon as you pay my sub, you can say what I can or cant have. till then, speak for your self concerning what you want your toons to have. ill do my part and get what I want mine to have.

lock outs would work only if the chance to get what you want gets higher. otherwise, ill keep chasing this crap content till I get what im looking for. cause seriously, those capes aren't worth the time.

also, ive only missed a handful of spawns from full instances. I don't use any sort of timer, or guild bot. I just watch global and use common sense after that. ive killed this dragon probably 30+ times. yay for new weapons grind.....(one that was posted by a lvl 72 sin might I add....good work fail - com)
    Last edited by Yuris; 29th December 2013 at 08:15.

Thumbs down

This event is absolutly boring. No cooldown of the boss, all HM Ini´s have one. More mussn´t say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post

I have the dragon slayer buff on 13 toons so this idea for a 4 hour lockout and how lockouts will fix everything achieves what exactly? We can just log around and farm it as much as we want and the only people you're hurting are those with only 1-2 toons.

When you pay my sub you can tell me what I can and can't have. It's not my fault that only way to get new stuff is from standing around leeching dragon kills, not much incentive to do other things currently.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast