Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The World boss discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    So how do you restrict a guy with 13 level 80's from farming it? Given this game is 5 years old a fair proportion of it's players have lots of toons and could just relog to another to get round 3-4 hour lock outs.

Your idea is unworkable in that it does not work fairly for all ie it penalises those with one or two toons and has no impact on those with a dozen.
    Nobody is penalized if there is a 5 hour lockout.

Yes the guy with 13 toons can relog if he wants. The guy with 2 toons can do the same.

Like others said, if you cant see that doing it 100-500 times is clearly not how it was intended you're delusional.

100-500 times is farming/exploiting. Simple.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

It was intended to be done 100 plus times or Funcom would have put in a cooldown.

The majority of people on the forums don't want a lockout. Hopefully Funcom pays attention to those not wanting one vs putting in something only a few see a 'need' for.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    It was intended to be done 100 plus times or Funcom would have put in a cooldown.

The majority of people on the forums don't want a lockout. Hopefully Funcom pays attention to those not wanting one vs putting in something only a few see a 'need' for.
    You must be new here, I love the game till death but funcom doesn't exactly have the best track record for good decision making if you catch my drift.

This is a company that spent what very little resources they had on horse racing in Old T...

Any complaints about adding a CD or some system to change the current status has only been by people that are exploiting it themselves. It obvious to any sane human that this content wasn't meant to be exploited hundreds of times in a week.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Only you think its an exploit and I do not like the fact that you are saying I am exploiting the game by enjoying the content that Funcom put in.

Sorry you feel that way and have a nice day.

There is no problem with people farming content ... as long as the boundaries fit.

This means respawn timers and availability and loot chances. And this is exactly not really balanced out with the bosses at the moment (but can be fixed to some extend with certain suggestions).

They might be accusing you falsely Anubium (most likely), but just try to compare it to a valuable mob zone or the powerlevelling zones. You would not say, the powerlevellers are NOT blocking content, would you? Would you rather say the farmers are doing it the intended way or the player who wants to experience a content at least once (and thanks to powerlevellers there is always waiting for the quest bosses/mobs involved) ?
    Sure, such behaviour is within the game rules and boundaries...but from a designers point it would be quite shocking, if that is the intended route.

Still havent done the boss, so if it ended yesterday I cant get the quest cloak completed until next december right?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Only you think its an exploit and I do not like the fact that you are saying I am exploiting the game by enjoying the content that Funcom put in.

Sorry you feel that way and have a nice day.
    It is exploiting.

Either you can't see it. Or you can see it, but you don't care cos you want the loot?

It's the same as the insignia farming in the corrupted forest that everyone did when Khitia went live - Funcom fixed it eventually but that was an exploit. You remember that?
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Aodan View Post
    Still havent done the boss, so if it ended yesterday I cant get the quest cloak completed until next december right?
    No, it doesn't work like that. The 12 quest updates are on a "sliding schedule"; you don't need to kill 12 SPECIFIC world bosses. This means if you skip one, you will simply get delayed by one month and the next boss in line will update your next quest step.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    They could relog another that's true, or they could stop farming and enjoy another part of the game.

There is people that have done it 500 times in one week, something needs to be done. Just because you want 122 slot bags or the social pets doesn't mean its the best thing for the game. If you can't see how people being able to do this one event 500 times in one week is not how it was intended than you are delusional simple as that.

Happy new years all
    I've played this game for 2 and a half years and probably only missed a day here and there when the net has been down. I've enjoyed other parts of the game and will enjoy them in the future. Right now I'm enjoying farming this boss.

If you or anyone else has a problem with that, it's your problem but please don't think you have to share it with the rest of us.

If, and this is a world boss sized 'if', other people feel the way you do why not group up with them and do 6 man's, raids etc? If other people want to do world bosses, who are you to suggest they don't?

Dad, is that you? Not that I'd listen.

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    Nobody is penalized if there is a 5 hour lockout.

Yes the guy with 13 toons can relog if he wants. The guy with 2 toons can do the same.

Like others said, if you cant see that doing it 100-500 times is clearly not how it was intended you're delusional.

100-500 times is farming/exploiting. Simple.
    Is Ardashir Fort an exploit?

Funcom could easily have put a terminal lockout after one kill. They chose not to and I'm guessing for a reason.

If you lock people out for many an hour/day then just how difficult is it going to be for stragglers, who cannot log into the game 24/7 due to real life issues, to get dragon kills if everyone else is locked out?

You're the delusional one if you think your opinions matter to the rest of us. I pay my subs and my FC points and I'll play it my way.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast