Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The World boss discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    At the end I still don't enjoy any second of it. So conclusion is still that it don't work...
    And your conclusion couldn't be more flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Oduda View Post
    And your conclusion couldn't be more flawed.
    Not really. He hit the nail on the head actually.

Half the players are having fun at the other half's expense.
    That's not how pvp is supposed to work. That's very bad design and it's one of the main reasons why pvp in this game is dead.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Default gear drops

No complaints here about the World Boss event. Good drops. I have gotten my share of epic gear, social gear, Dragon Pets, and potions on three characters.

Just one suggestion. It would be neat and relevant to see some epic PVP gear drop from these bosses.

Some of the companions from the in-game store would be neat too.

2nd boss up yet?
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin- View Post
    I enjoyed it veery much, 120 kills on one single boss
    Imagine if i come necro, kills would be like 500
    Yeah that's about the deaths I have since I started doing this. Kills...not so much. Even when I start defending people, they kill me afterward. Frezzed by boss every ****ing 20 seconds, people attacke me to get kill.
    And then, 500 meters to run to boss again for 12 seconds playtime. I won't do the stupid murder quest since I didn't deserve those points.

And after 2 hours of beeing ganked, and freezed by boss. Green funny ****, that would be cool if it didn't take 2 hours...but it did.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Is this event acculy work as it should be? I mean... the quest for legenday cloak "The Twelve Portents" is to slay 12 diffrent bosses roaming about Hyboria and get cloak from it when u do so. First portent was dragon, second - yeti. Bosses are spawning one after another in exactly defined locations. Is this supposed to be a challange or something? At the and everyone will have legendary cloak and it wont be "legendary" anyomre.

In my opinion bosses should spawn occasionally in diffrent locations to let people roam Hyboria and search for them.
    Last edited by saskeczuan; 6th January 2014 at 08:42.

Quote Originally Posted by saskeczuan View Post
    Is this event acculy work as it should be? I mean... the quest for legenday cloak "The Twelve Portents" is to slay 12 diffrent bosses roaming about Hyboria and get cloak from it when u do so. First portent was dragon, second - yeti. Bosses are spawning one after another in exactly defined locations. Is this supposed to be a challange or something? At the and everyone will have legendary cloak and it wont be "legendary" anyomre.

In my opinion bosses should spawn occasionally in diffrent locations to let people roam Hyboria and search for them.
    Well the "legendary cloak" is more of a award for participation more than something you would earn, and I believe the usefulness and value of this item is at the bottom end of "legendary" status (barely deserving that category), seeing they are so close to existing epics available in Jade Citadel and Thoth-Amons Stronghold.

However, I am impressed with the effort gone into their visual graphics of those items. In the end, Funcom has sufficiently encouraged a lot of players to stay subscribed for a 12 month period, and I think that is good.

The only things they have done wrong with this event is prove how "brutal" the PVP system is at the same time as disabling transfers between servers for those that are now "realizing" this problem, as well as not fixing the Dreamworld Engine rendering slow-downs related to text floating above peoples names.
    Last edited by Scaevacas; 6th January 2014 at 08:56.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Hersch View Post
    NO, no pets.. go DTS, pets just create more FPS drop and lag than there already is and are likely part of the instance crashing problem like they always were in sieges.
    world bosses on Fury are much better FPS and lagwise than on Crom because of smaller population/interest, so you don´t see there 100 people going full bananas on SW and what not at point blank range.. if there wasn´t the risk of getting "a bonus" of few hundred murder points per boss, I would actually enjoy it more than boss hunting on Crom

Crom:
    40 minutes of travel and/or waiting - 5 minutes of action (prime time)

Fury:
    5 minutes of travel and/or waiting - 40 minutes of action (prime time)
    Last edited by Argantes; 7th January 2014 at 08:09.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Is this supposed to be a challange or something?
    Nope its supposed to be your alternative to take a break from raiding, doing dungeons, PvP, whatever...Nobody is forcing u to farm it 24/7.
    At the and everyone will have legendary cloak and it wont be "legendary" anyomre.
    I think it was Cirith who said "legendary" is only a name and the item budget is actually lower. And ofc many people will get the cloak, you are playing a MMO so what exactly do you expect?
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Nope its supposed to be your alternative to take a break from raiding, doing dungeons, PvP, whatever...Nobody is forcing u to farm it 24/7.
    But I seen good amount of people on Crom who farm them 24/7 ignoring other raids, dungeons