Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The bonus aa points thing during the holiday celebrations

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I read the email letter from Funcom, and it was really depressing to read that.

Why would Funcom do that? The AA gain is already insane (what should we do with full AA characters that we have?), and faster progression will only bring boredom. Thanks for screwing up the game with world bosses as well!
    Is there really any fun for people in increased progression during some days and shooting and hitting a monster twice to get a legendary cloak instead of working with a group in the Coils Ubah Kan?
    what youre saying is half true. AA's were half assed idea for the game in the first place. but now they are here, and anything short of flooding the trees for everyone is unacceptable IMO. best way to kill off a bad idea.

world bosses: COMPLETE GARBAGE content at best. anything invested in it should have gone to unf***ing whats already in game and then providing for the real end game content:

progression.

as with any pve based game, you can only get so far till there is nothing left to do. scripted fights only go so far, and when the cap is met (t4), people just stop logging in, or just log in on raid nights. the real progression here (don't get angsty) is pvp. its dynamic end game content. if FC used proper focus and insight, (and fired Morrison the day after he was hired), this game would have killed for years to come. sadly the lack of any dynamic content is what causes people to stop playing / play much less.

but, figure, they'll keep flicking boogers and cig butts to the carp, cause hey, they'll eat it; they don't know any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuris View Post

but, figure, they'll keep flicking boogers and cig butts to the carp, cause hey, they'll eat it; they don't know any better.
    Best analogy I've heard in a while. Also, my next toon name ~ TY !
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

The real bad thing is, that it seems now the world bosses include premium content areas.

Another blow at the f2p model and instating paying customers (f2p does not mean you are not paying or not willing to pay!!!) as second class players.

Had they wished to enhance the value of subbing without annoying part of the playerbase as usual, they would have
    - given info about the spawn locations soon enough (NOT only TL! THis is content you can advertise...and you do not advertise in a hidden cupboard!)
    - combined it with one year subs cheap, so everyone has a chance to decide, if they want to participate or not
    - added cheaper funcom points (seems they try that now at least! but the extra points will be forfeit after 6 months, so if the 7th boss is in ng...)
    - or simply HAD NOT USED THIS TO DIVIDE THE PLAYERBASE FURTHER!

A f2p and sub model only works, if you play together, make friends and can keep contact. Just look at the prices in the shop, if you actually wanted to keep up with raiding as f2p...apart from the restrictions you can never get rid off (like space, quests, gold limit etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Brazza View Post
    The insane part is the AA gap. Nothing says fun like trying to close the insane gap mindlessly grinding over and over and over.
    very well said

bonus pvp xp would be good, xtra campaign badges maybe

Depend on how many hours you spend online or how many times you exploit dungeons. I play since release and have 3 chars with 70-90% AA, some people have 1-2 chars with full AA.

I've used timetraining and played the chars until full khitai gear and I have 12 chars with full AA. Been active as long as Khitai was out though..

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    Or is it every point we get a free one - so instead of 3 mastery + 1 expertise per level, we'll get 6 mastery + 2 expertise then?
    This variant. You get 6+2.

tip : rush a tian , enter Ai kill magic boss , rush a tian , enter Ai kill second boss (while exiting reset Ai's timer via CNTRL+G) .
    Repeat.
    Repeat.
    Ask global : [Wings of Salvation] Good for conq?
    Repeat.
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Quote Originally Posted by Oduda View Post
    Would you prefer -1 point?
    If he got -1 for moaning he'd owe FC a crap load.

Been leveling another alt during the time of double aa event and I didnt receive any additional AA points apart from regular premium one point per level. No additinal point be it normal leveling or offline. Should I petition or had I misinterpreted?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast