Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvP T2 VS t4 (Sword)

Default PvP T2 VS t4 (Sword)

Hello DTs

Is the difference between the two sword huge? I'm not familiar with numbers DT-WISE so I don't if it increases the damage a lot. I'm asking this because I don't know if I should get the T2 shield or sword first, and I heard the T4 sword is not that hard to get.

Fast link for:
    T4 sword http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...ure_dragon.jpg

PvP T2 sword http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...ords_blade.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post
    Hello DTs

Is the difference between the two sword huge? I'm not familiar with numbers DT-WISE so I don't if it increases the damage a lot. I'm asking this because I don't know if I should get the T2 shield or sword first, and I heard the T4 sword is not that hard to get.

Fast link for:
    T4 sword http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...ure_dragon.jpg

PvP T2 sword http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...ords_blade.jpg

Thanks for the help.
    The DPS of melee weapons matters the most, so between these two the t4 has a big increase on that stat over all.

Generally, you should mainly go by the dps of a weapon, stats are secondary, except for crit rating, since it's so important to a DT.
    Doomsayer 2008

T4 is obviously the best, but i'm mostly interested in the difference that the sword makes.

For example

With PvP t2 my combo deals 500 damage
    With T4 my combo deals 800 damage

Is the difference that huge or something more like 500 damage with pvp t2 and 570 damage with t4?

The true difference is that Magic Damage T4 sword has.
    80 Magic Damage is A LOT so yeah, there is huge difference between those 2 swords imo.

Anyway if you want a great DT sword easy to get, just get Ibis.
    It is more or less as good as T4 sword.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

take bike and rocket and see which one is faster, pvp weapons are basicly so bad for dt, its either ibis, t4 sword, blue iron hammer, or then just use xbow
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    The true difference is that Magic Damage T4 sword has.
    80 Magic Damage is A LOT so yeah, there is huge difference between those 2 swords imo
    That help tap is very nice utility for DT too...
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Alright guys, thanks a lot for the information.

I laughed at the "...easy to get... ibis". Back then when I was an active player, Ibis was just a dream impossible to put my hands on =P.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    That help tap is very nice utility for DT too...
    Yes, but 40 health tap is not that huge, run some test.
    Anyway it is nice, as the extra Crit Rating is.
    But the really huge difference is the Magic Damage.

For Ibis is the huge extra Crit Rating and Moonstone of Bel Mirth.

It's just that.. most important stats for DT damage are Crit Rating and Magic Damage.
    Combat Rating and Weapon Damage increase DT damage too, but physical damage scaling is much lower than Magic Damage.

1. Crit Rating
    2. Magic Damage
    3. Combat Rating / Weapon Damage

This is the order of importance of DT DPS stats imo.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

You forgot hit rating which is more important for a DT. 15% or higher crit rating will work just fine. If you can't hit, you cant crit...

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    You forgot hit rating which is more important for a DT. 15% or higher crit rating will work just fine. If you can't hit, you cant crit...
    Those 2 swords have more or less the same amount of Hit Rating, that's why I didn't mention.

Hit Rating is essential, but mostly you just need to match a certain amount that is needed to never miss (which in some of PvE T4 fights is quit high.. like 18% or something lime that, pretty hard toget and that's the biggest problem of PvE T3 gear, especially for Magic fights where Chromatic Warding is useful).

But you are wrong saying that 15% Crit Rating works just fine.
    It depends with whom you tank and how much damage your DPSer push.
    That's all about setting aggro level (and I'd prefer to remove Hate Increase or even use some Hate Decrease accessories than to reduce Crit Rating -> more DPS, more Taps).
    In PvP simply there is no level to set, more you have better it is.
    Crit Rating is essential for a DT, class is VoM dependant, that is.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 19th December 2013 at 17:02.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast