Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: More on PvP Gear vs T4/Crafted

Please add Tenacity on PvE gear aswell then, as i have to use PvP gear to get the most damage in PvP over my PvE gear. And give alot more protection on PvE gear, so i dont die in 1 sec.

And i would like to hug rocks for a month to get full PvE gear thanks.
    Last edited by Shattering; 19th December 2013 at 22:46.

Tbh, from what I remember, demos did pretty well before conqs were buffed. In the so called we haven't just yet acquired full t4 sets era. The best gear for pvp was t3 pvp or BB and so people used what was at hand. Now they just got used to their stupid OP faceroll gear and can't imagine playing without doing 4.6k dmg in 2 seconds to that conq with 49% protection in def stance. Yes, go ahead. Nerf tank gear and beg us tanks to bother with the flag (I'd rather keep the protection rather than getting crit rating on my gear, lol) But sure, many tanks will still fight to fulfill objectives, sprint for the flag, only to realise they can't do much with that 15% snare and lower protection, as they will be focused hard and instead of pushing with our teams we will just stay safely at the back not doing ****. IF you seriously want to nerf tanks, then I suggest looking into how VoM works the same in def/normal and frenzy stance. I suggest tweaking the conq so BoA isn't as faceroll as it is today, together with nerfing debuffs on certain techniques and removing them from banners alltogether. And maybe even do as Ieronon said; reroll to the days when conqs had to proc their dmg buffs and keep hitting for them to stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shattering View Post
    Please add Tenacity on PvE gear aswell then, as i have to use PvP gear to get the most damage in PvP over my PvE gear. And give alot more protection on PvE gear, so i dont die in 1 sec.

And i would like to hug rocks for a month to get full PvE gear thanks.
    Well, pve mobs are as static as rocks and the fights are usualy as monotone

Here's what I think the best suggestion to gear balancing is:

Make ALL gear customizable, even PvE gear. Give base stats for every tier of PvE and PvP gear, and allow players to either add more DPS oriented stats or more survivability oriented stats, but NOT both.

Also, make it so that PvP combat rating and PvP magic damage are multiplied in minigames, so that PvP gear is the best gear in minigames and not t4 PvE gear.

Couldn't you just rebalance Defensive and Frenzy Stance? it was okay when tier 1 and 2 was all the game had (even in pve.) I don't support taking dps away from a tank class and forcing them into a turtle shell role, but instead increase the dps debuff in defensive stance, increase the armor debuff in frenzy, and increase the cooldown time switching between stances, even if it's just another couple of seconds. Whatever angle you look at it it has always been a problem with one or more tank classes mainly being switching to frenzy to do a bloody vengeance. Take away the ability to switch stances mid fight so quickly and u force more skill into how the class in played. Very little stat changes necessary in my opinion. If a tank wants to do insane dps they should have an insane debuff to armor like it used to be.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

They already had the ideal solution before Craig fuggered it, the Heroic Rating. Giving all raid gear a rating that would be matched against a threshold for increased/decreased damage and survivability in epic zones would allow all gear to be scaled to the point of percentile or partial percentile increases in pvp effectiveness.

They've already got their magic number of 36.6. All they would need to do would be assign a minimum value for normal damage to each tier of raid and sixie.

But whatever. FC had an awesome system before, now its based around access to content less than half the playerbase will ever see.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticblood View Post
    Couldn't you just rebalance Defensive and Frenzy Stance? it was okay when tier 1 and 2 was all the game had (even in pve.)...
    Nah, if you want to give tanks proper debuffs, do it with armour/protection. The only thing that makes any character ingame go beyond 0% armour/protection is invuls, thus I see it as really unfair to give tanks the opportunity to take more dmg than bloody clothies Still meh, balance classes.

Quote Originally Posted by SamHam View Post
    Nah, if you want to give tanks proper debuffs, do it with armour/protection. The only thing that makes any character ingame go beyond 0% armour/protection is invuls, thus I see it as really unfair to give tanks the opportunity to take more dmg than bloody clothies Still meh, balance classes.
    A fully geared tank in frenzy with inproved frenzy still has well over 30% magical mitigation, DT's in frenzy can still hit about close to 40%.

My demo with an entirely full AA tree, nothing but protection gear, and on a tarpani horse (540 protection)with chromatic wadring has only 37% magical mitigation. With that set up I have less than 950 magical damage, and I am not running around on a horse lol.

How you figure any tank in frenzy has less mitigation than a clothie is beyond me, and at 947 magical damage you deal NO DPS to anyone. Fog and SS hit for less than 1k a cast, your instants on crits hardly hit for 700 on a clothie, so on a tank that would be 500 or so, on a crit.

When they released the t3 pvp armor, it was not possible to get items that have 120+ dps on 1 handers, 150 dps on 2 handers, you can't com pare the t3 pvp gear to what is available now.

And considering how much protection is available now, you really need to up a casters magical damage to be able to dps properly in pvp. You can't do that with pvp gear alone, even I have to use pve weapons and a cape so I can get my magical damage above 1,100 to stay current.

Where as some classes, like tanks, simply need only a top tiered pve weapon to stay current. Frenzy provides little risk vs. reward for the amount of current protection through weapons, AA, and pve gear. Your argument is way outdated and nothing but biased towards the class you play. I agree tanks should be extremely difficult to kill in pvp, but the amount of dps they put out (BFC 40% weapon damage at all times? lol) is way out of line for almost no trade off in survivability, considering the cool down on stance dancing is only 3 seconds, the only real time your at any real risk is during a stun or KB, and unless 3-5 people focus you then your still probably not going to die even caught in frenzy.

Ruhen had the best suggestion, increase the effectiveness of pvp armor and increase risk vs. reward with putting out customizable gear that allows you to take dps or survivability, but not both at once.
    Doomsayer 2008

If you get a reply from the GD @ funcom I can tell you what they will say
    - that's something will can consider for the future
    - We will look into it
    - Will have a chat with the system team

After you get a reply from funcom about pvp the next patch and the next and the next and the next and the next and the next and the....... will be added pve dungeon updated pve ... added pve ....

MY thread 142 replies 9.584 views WITH a reply from the GD has gone no where! http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=185559

Months ago he said " will have a chat with the system team" and that's it LOL no update no news nada

Did you read the post fully? IF, for example the tanks would get bigger penalties while using frenzies, then we´d be going below 0% protection, which is retarded. And seriously? I got 49% def stanced protection. WITH the BB ring, which is NOT a part of the pvp set. Add in the protection debuff, meaning 1250 protection, which gives about 17.5% or so less protection, then another 10-15% invuls debuff, then frenzy and explain to me how u got 40% on your dt Also explain to me how -50% invuls are gonna make my conq keep 40% protection. The problem are the classes, not the stances. Brute conqs need tweaks (and preferably rerolls), carnage conqs need tweaks and some rerolls, DTs need a rebalance of VoM, while guards could need a tweak to dmg output in frenzy, given that some of their instants benefit from the extra magical dmg multiplier from frenzy.
    But sure, If I could choose between todays gear (survivability) and dos gear, that´d be ok. The idea would be a rip off from tsw, but y not. I´d still go for today´s gear, as it allows a tank to tank, while for example a DT will go for dps gear and ravage you twice as hard
    Edit: If there are some really strange grammatical errors in the post, then blame the auto correction on these macs
    Last edited by SamHam; 21st December 2013 at 16:34.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast