Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Server merge problem

Angry Server merge problem

The renown hasn't reset since the server merge. After sending endless petitions to Funcom every week, it's really getting aggravating.

3 months have gone by and I still have Artistry capped on my guild.Being stuck in renown 9 is not funny for progression, nor is it fun if you're into crafting.

I know of other guilds this has happened to.Are people not speaking up about this?

Stop knitting a fail sweater, set your priotities and fix this problem. Quit cowering behind your powerless GM's and give us some customer service.
    Last edited by Vixxenator; 14th December 2013 at 17:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixxenator View Post
    Stop knitting a fail sweater, set your priotities and fix this problem. Quit cowering behind your powerless GM's and give us some customer service.
    Have you ever thought about whether or not FC actually sees that the renown-issues should have a priority over other, more gamebreaking bugs?

Probably not.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

What would you consider more gamebreaking?

If it were just the vanity factor of rankings not updating...but you get capped and stuck with guild renown levels due to this. People who would otherwise play and contribute to the guild and group content or the market are not doing it, because it would be a waste. Buildings not build, Quests not done, minis not played etc. ...

This is objectively a pretty serious bug, because it affect every type of gameplay (unless you're guildless), the gameplay of low and midpopulation guild and it stops new guilds from developing fast. Also, fixing it should give hints what went wrong during the merge, helping maybe with "high" priorities too. Not even to mention that they could temporarily disable the cap till the problem is fixed. The only exception could be if there is an exploit linked to it, but this is more than highly unlikely when it comes to renown.

And seriously, even if you just have one person working, you simply DO NOT neglect smaller priorities in favor of only tough high priority things. Why not?
    Because
    - it gives the impression to your customers (reputation, advertisement) that nothing happens a long time
    - it demotivates, because you lack positive feedback for finishing things
    - it confuses and tends to freeze development completely
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 15th December 2013 at 13:38.

Unhappy

My guild is capped on Valor We have been at renown lvl 5 for a long time now

Is there any fix for this in sight? We are a small guild that recently came back from a 3-year break and we are starting to max out valor & artistry on toons. When petitioned, the GM said they can't do anything to help. Why is it impossible for a GM to just reset a toons maxed renown value back to zero?? Why has this been messed up since the merge, now almost a year ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharren View Post
    Is there any fix for this in sight? We are a small guild that recently came back from a 3-year break and we are starting to max out valor & artistry on toons. When petitioned, the GM said they can't do anything to help. Why is it impossible for a GM to just reset a toons maxed renown value back to zero?? Why has this been messed up since the merge, now almost a year ago?
    There are 2 different caps, one for toons and one for the guild. If a toon is capped, there is a work around. For the guild, there is none that I know of.

For a capped toon, simply leave the guild and rejoin. This will force reset your renown. (Hint: Join another guild and leave that one to bypass the 24 hour cooldown on rejoining).

That worked, Roddam. Thanks for the work around! I still find it ridiculous that something like this has lingered unfixed for almost a year!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharren View Post
    That worked, Roddam. Thanks for the work around! I still find it ridiculous that something like this has lingered unfixed for almost a year!
    I believe its a massive mess of coding that they'd have to deal with in order to fix, and perhaps the guy or guys who did the original coding for the renown system quit, got moved to the lego game, or were fired and they can't find anyone to go thru the mess.

There has been another thread concerning the renown bug: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...04#post2106704
    The thread was closed back in July, when the GD said someone would have a look asap. That was weeks ago and holidays are over now. So lets see whats next ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast