Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Should we get stat CAPS?

Hardcap on stats would improve this game a lot and make things a lot more interesting. The amount of crits for example is totally ludicrous. At least for pvp this would be a good change and should be fairly easy to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    T4 is open to everyone, anyone is welcome to get their own weapons and join the ungodly club.
    This reminds me of a billionaire saying "Money isn't everything"

or that one kid who had his parents help him pay for a software startup and make connections for him to sell it for millions, then turning around and saying "It's easy, anyone can do it"

Nah, it's not open to EVERYONE, just the guilds doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    This reminds me of a billionaire saying "Money isn't everything"

or that one kid who had his parents help him pay for a software startup and make connections for him to sell it for millions, then turning around and saying "It's easy, anyone can do it"

Nah, it's not open to EVERYONE, just the guilds doing it.
    PvP is open to everyone as well, but I don't see many people running over each other to grind for those pvp 10 weapons.

Could it be not only does it take way too long, but they SUCK as well?

Players can say what they want, but anyone who believes it's right to have any pve item out preform a pvp only item(gained only through pvp activities) enjoys an imbalanced, gear based game where you don't even have to kill a single player to obtain the best items.

All they need to do is bring back heroic stats. Pvers will still have the power progression for pve, and pvpers will have their stat cap as then the pvp weapons will be the only choice.

They can always make variable sets of pvp gear so people can tailor what they want to build around (with risk and reward, not the reward and reward system we have now), but between the increase on melee weapons and crit rating, we don't need people running around in minis with 40% crit rating and 650 dps with T5 armor.
    Doomsayer 2008

Maybe because there is not much influx of new pvp players (less demand for pvp weapons) and it is easier to get t4 instead?

When this was not there, there were especially the big guilds farming 24/7 in Bori...so what you say might be the impression now, but it happened. Even back in the days (pvp5 max), you had a share of fight clubbers, gankers, premades and duelists "farming" for the max pvp level.

And yes...they simply do not seem to understand, that you can not neglect one part. It is quite natural that if you keep adding pve things with new loot, sets and items, sooner or later the other progression routes will be considered weak, useless or not worth to get. As proven with crafting...had they kept balance with new receipes, there would be no need to a big revamp, as proven with pvp where pve progression >> pvp progression. Thats the payoff of shortsighted management and priorities of the past.

But in pvp it would be a lot easier than with crafting. Just do the division (either by legendary stats, reducing the effect of pve gear in pvp or just simply offering more sets or an alternate tree (that requires specialization, not like AA)).

Again, please be careful with suggesting caps, because if applied at the wrong place, they will just make things worse. The root of the problem (wrong item budgets) is not even touched by capping.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 15th December 2013 at 08:25.

I was seriously about to chew you out for suggesting FC to create stats for capping flags....

Good thing I read the first paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Diminishing return is a much more elegant solution than just hard cap.

But there's one dev dedicated to AoC, he's got his hands full already, so i don't see him implement any kind of diminishing return on stats, even though it would be pretty much "just" porting the system from TSW, where such mechanism does exist.
    i'm more for a dimishing return than cap , it's better for making different characters of the same class. +1

Quote Originally Posted by Laoji View Post
    i'm more for a dimishing return than cap , it's better for making different characters of the same class. +1
    come to think of it I like diminishing too
    Retired

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234