Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: white sands level 80

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Funcom could just put in a warning sign off the white sands boat for day time escapades, to the effect that: "This area allows player vs player attacks and is open to all levels".

You don't need the white sands quests to get out of tortage, and if Funcom put up some sort of 'pvp enabled for lvl 80s and down' sign where its easy to find for the new players, then if they go in there they were warned that they could be 'ganked'.

They can leave underhalls and acheronian alone, just open up white sands. Especially on a pvp server.
    Why? Why not just pvp in Khopshef or Eiglophian mountains?

You want white sands pvp for a change of scenery? or to gank new players?

Be honest.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post

Be honest.
    New scenery for 80 pvp, and also lowbie pvp enabled again on the pvp server.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Currently its not PvP enabled but we will be looking into this in the new year (this does not guarantee it will be enabled but it will be given proper consideration), of course this is only in regards to Fury.
    Thank you for the post, may I suggest certain changes though.

- There needs to be a level 5-20 instanced zone
    - In addition to a 21-80 instanced zone

Let me explain, The reason white sands didn't work in the first place is because you had level 25 twinked characters with no consequence system in place. Have you ever tried fighting a BS with the level 25 rank of bloodflow as any lower level character? It's near impossible and in addition there is absolutely no reason a level 25 needs to be in white sands.

What will this create...

1. One of the most well designed (imo), beautiful open world zone for pvpers both 5-20 and 21-80.
    2. A zone in which players can level up in a fun environment with some pvp risk to wade their feet into pvp before they get throw into wildlands pvp etc.
    3. It gives high levels a zone in which the open world boss fights can be had as well as open world pvp (because well this is a pvp server after-all)

Negatives...

1. A PVE player might say he wants to level without getting "ganked"
    -There are two solutions to this:
    a. You can completely level from level 1-20 without stepping foot in a pvp zone using night-time, Arch ruins and Underhalls.
    b. There is a pve server specifically for this. PVPers should not be penalized because someone choose a pvp server and then doesn't like pvp

I hope you guys at FC will make the right choice and let me just say you have been given a golden ticket here. A chance to finally admit that the old changes were not the best and move to forward without looking back. I think that alone will say more than the change itself
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Be honest.
    I don't do pvp against lower levels unless attacked first and frankly moved to Crom to avoid world pvp: the reason I posted the suggestion for a warning notice is for the new player who might go to white sands before lvl 25 and get mad at being ganked by lvl 80s when they are just starting the game. Chances are the 'ganking' by epic geared lvl 25s on the new characters is why pvp got disabled on the pve pvp servers in the past. A warning sign would tell new players that they are going into a 'gank' zone so they can go somewhere else if they don't want to be farmed for k/d ratio.

Actually, an awesome idea would be to make an "unchained pvp" version of wite sands. Whatever level character would be made 80 and follow the unchained pvp ruleset, but on white sands.

I would agree to white sands being opened up if they fixed the consequence system - until then its a recipe for griefing.

They closed it last time because of griefing - nothing has changed to make it any different so...
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

I would agree to white sands being opened up if they fixed the consequence system - until then its a recipe for griefing.

They closed it last time because of griefing - nothing has changed to make it any different so...
    Yes, it was closed, but not for griefing. It was closed in error by craig who is a pve/wow eccentric, and has made the majority of pvp errors in this game.

Pvp errors are what consistently has caused the mass exodus, such as but not limited to bori, pvp gear grindng, horrible revamps (ranger, sin, conq, etc), eliminating combo cancelling (penalizng movement), etc.

With the limited crew available, if fc shows it cares and starts piecing pvp back together, it can only be good.

I think it was closed because of the rampant farming of new low level players by lvl 25 epic geared gankers.

How many players up and quit because they got ganked one too many times on UH or WS in the beginning game? Its one thing to be on a pvp server: its another kettle of fish to be a lvl 7 doing lvl 7 quests and not being able to even ress out because lvl 25 assassins go after you.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Yes, it was closed, but not for griefing. It was closed in error by craig who is a pve/wow eccentric, and has made the majority of pvp errors in this game.

Pvp errors are what consistently has caused the mass exodus, such as but not limited to bori, pvp gear grindng, horrible revamps (ranger, sin, conq, etc), eliminating combo cancelling (penalizng movement), etc.

With the limited crew available, if fc shows it cares and starts piecing pvp back together, it can only be good.
    Sorry but it was closed for griefing. Hardcore farming of trialies.

We all know it.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

White sands didn't close because of griefing. The game was already on a decline on the pvp servers and guilds were breaking up left and right, but most stayed with a free to play account to enjoy what remained of the game. When they closed sands pvp all of the remaining vets and existing players who took refuge there gave up on the game for good. White sands would have never been closed to pvp in the first place if they just would have focused on pvp content.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast