Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: white sands level 80

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    Sorry but it was closed for griefing. Hardcore farming of trialies.

We all know it.
    I knew back in days so many people on trial accounts played this game only because pvp in tortage. after funcom shut it they quit.
    Imo funcom disable pvp there in hope trial players would sub and go play and lvl to 80 and not just enjoy pvp and fun for free.
    Never had problem with griefing there, and had so much fun in tortage pvp. If some lvl 25 was killing lowbies it was easy to group up and mess him up. And beside many of lvl 25 twinks were nice and did a lot of dueling there, you could come watch it and nobody would bother you. hell they would even all jump on some ganker if need ...
    so much pvp so much zerg, so much fun while lvling... not just in ws but in all zones. Sadly its gone

Can only second what Viroku wrote. Sadly they miscalculated and chose again to limit player choices instead of analysing and fixing the problem (even though i share the same experience, the open pvp concept was and is still a problem).

Just to illustrate how wrong the thinking there was ("they will sub and join the pve train to 80!"): It is a completely different target group. If i enjoy casual pvp with people i know, i will not level solo, grind pugs or join a big guild to be a "noname" there just to pvp again in open world or worse, inbalanced minis. Sure, it had a bad impression to some new players. But did the closing down of pvp help them? no...the problem was just postphoned to 16+ (there is NO way you can learn pvp when you level or fight maxxed chars in lvl19). With a consequence system that would offer some self-regulation, you would not have the weak as easy target or the twinks having no opposition.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 16th December 2013 at 18:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Actually, an awesome idea would be to make an "unchained pvp" version of wite sands. Whatever level character would be made 80 and follow the unchained pvp ruleset, but on white sands.
    this would be really fun and easy for Funcom to do (once they got the unchained mini game code working first). It would be an open-world version of an unchained minigame.

Just add "unchained" option on the zone in.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    this would be really fun and easy for Funcom to do (once they got the unchained mini game code working first). It would be an open-world version of an unchained minigame.

Just add "unchained" option on the zone in.
    Yes, sure and all will stay at normal zone and trolls each others:

A: duel?
    B: loool noob

heh, this isn't any option.
    We will be Serious after death.

But u know what? I would pay from game where is only tortage avaible and max level 25, and pvp only in acheronian ruins, whitesand,under hall, over this current whole game, and i belive that majority from pvp:ers would think the same, oh and i dont mean wanna be pvp guy who do 99% pve
    The Law

Default Unchained White Sands

I really like Scaevacas idea - have White Sands be a PVP unchained open world zone. It's been said before but my first toon I rolled on Tyranny, and at level 6 went to white Sands and got griefed by level 25's telling to "Learn to play" AND "EAT TRASH LOSER" and it came very near to me quitting the game.

I had to re-roll on a PVE server to even get a chance to enjoy AoC. How many folks did did the griefers drive away? Probably a lot, being a brand new level 6 and being told to learn to play is insane, and being brand new I didn't have the slightest idea of how to ask for help.

I think unchained PVP will be awesome, it will reduce the gear and AA gap and just be skill and fun, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. If anyone says "no I won't go unchained" it just shows they're hiding behind their gear and we'll all laugh at them.

Quote Originally Posted by di85ll View Post
    I've leveled up 10+ characters on white sands on pvp servers and never had a problem with griefing. I think most people didn't. It was so easy to avoide pvp if you wanted to, just hide. The OP players would just leave you alone usually anyway because the noobs were pretty obvious. Just the one or two vocal PVE players like yourself got the craig to make that change. PVP on white sands was one of the best experiences on pvp servers before level 80. I think it's one of the top 3 dumbest (excuse my vocabulary) moves. Especially since you already have a pve server with no pvp in white sands.
    I have leveled a plethora of characters on fury, i had all my chars there until 1,5 years ago. Many of them i leveled pre murder points era so i know what it was like on white sands and underhalls. Now, i learned early how to avoid pvp if i chose to do so, but a great many players left the game at level 6-15 due to them not being able to play in certain zones due to twinked up gank squads closing down entire maps for hours.(die trying guild anyone?) Now if you are an avid pvp player you might think "pvp server blabla pve server ---> that way etc etc" but white sands was closed to pvp for a reason, and that reason was people being litterally ganked out of the game by twinked up lvl25's having no other mission than killing players that had no real chance of survival. Opening white sands for pvp and lvl80's will just add a new layer of griefing consisting of oneshots and murder points flying back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Conassa View Post
    I think unchained PVP will be awesome, it will reduce the gear and AA gap and just be skill and fun, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. If anyone says "no I won't go unchained" it just shows they're hiding behind their gear and we'll all laugh at them.
    Unchained pvp is 1 new minigame map. That's all it is. It's certainly not the savior of AOC pvp by any means.

It's not a game wide system. LOL.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456