Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: white sands level 80

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Currently its not PvP enabled but we will be looking into this in the new year (this does not guarantee it will be enabled but it will be given proper consideration), of course this is only in regards to Fury.
    you guys are awesome, just white sands, every newbie comes here but will still have other instances to visit if they are looking for quick lvls or just not in the pvp mood

however i do think it shouldnt be enabled to 80s no matter how much i love the map. now that i come to think of it, make it lvl 19 tops in normal mode. 19 pvp is the lvl where gear differences are at there lowest and quickest to get, gets ugly at 20 with buff pots, blue pots, store gear, etc.

Level 80 pvp not enabled on ws? Damn I thought I could compete in pvp again ):

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    Level 80 pvp not enabled on ws? Damn I thought I could compete in pvp again ):
    youve been away for far too long! oh come back

Twinked up level 25's at white sands and underhalls have done more to make people leave this game than any FC bug ever could.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Wrong. Adding white sands for 80s to fight in will be awesome, even if only just for the beggining. We need something...
    Fighting 80s vs 80s or ganking poor low levels? I would leave the new f2p guys and potential customers in their protected space until they learn the basics and not being ganked by a bunch of *******s all the time thus leaving the game in frustration.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

It sounds nice to have all tortage open to all levels again.

As for PvP servers, i'm not sure it will do any harm.
    After all, being ganked by a high level in white sands at lvl 7 or in conall's valley at lvl 19 is kinda the same.

Frankly, players rolling on PvP servers would welcome seeing massive high level blood feud while they level up in white sands.

It's like, you kill a bunch of crocs while you enjoy watching a horde of 80s beating the **** our of each others 50 m away.

I'm no PvP'er, but this looks awesome to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    It sounds nice to have all tortage open to all levels again.

As for PvP servers, i'm not sure it will do any harm.
    After all, being ganked by a high level in white sands at lvl 7 or in conall's valley at lvl 19 is kinda the same.

Frankly, players rolling on PvP servers would welcome seeing massive high level blood feud while they level up in white sands.

It's like, you kill a bunch of crocs while you enjoy watching a horde of 80s beating the **** our of each others 50 m away.

I'm no PvP'er, but this looks awesome to me.
    it might look awesome to you, but the reality has been mostly like this (when those places were still crowded back in the days):

you, totally new to the game, zone to White Sands, starting on a great looking beach area, you make your first few steps.. then a bunch of rangers pops out of stealth next to the boat and sends you to resspad.. if they are not many and you try to fight them/him, they/he click/s the boat and sayonara, cya in Tortage

true story (since 2008)

ps: btw we all know that this zone has been opened to all levels only because of the world boss spawning there
    Last edited by Argantes; 12th December 2013 at 13:20.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Pretty much everyone for enabling pvp on white sands has a pvp server tag, while the one's against pvp, have pve server tags. I'm sure there's no relation...

Pretty much everyone for enabling pvp on white sands has a pvp server tag, while the one's against pvp, have pve server tags. I'm sure there's no relation...
    oh yes, this crap again..

I´ve started playing AoC on launch (well, in open beta, actually) on Aquilonia RP-PvP server, when there were dozens of instances in every zone and PvP on White Sands and Tortage Underhalls was still enabled.. I´ve leveled most of my lvl 80 chars on Aquilonia and later on Fury (only 2 chars created on Crom using free lvl 50 + offline levels), so let´s say I´ve got pretty exact idea about world PvP, including WS/TU and other zones with high player density (which used to be most of them back then).

It also doesn´t take a genius to find out, that shitload of Crom players are actually Aqui/Fury "refugees", or players who have characters on both realms.

So thanks for your concern, but your argument is invalid.

and as HoXa mentioned, the griefing of all the new players just moments after they started their AoC careers did probably more harm to the game and its population than all those bugs they would eventually encounter later in the game (Tortage newbie island was quite polished even at launch)
    Last edited by Argantes; 12th December 2013 at 14:57.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Wrong. Adding white sands for 80s to fight in will be awesome, even if only just for the beggining. We need something...

Thanks!!
    I got nothing against pvp on white sands...under certain conditions.
    Just enabling it for all and having 80s and 10s mixed there...will be pure suicide for the open pvp idea. One of the pros of the old pvp enabled white sands was, that you had a cap (meaning you could not just relog to a high level char and more than one enemy was dangerous). Then you could effectevily group up and it was crowded enough to avoid fighting only the same targets or find help against griefers. Now, as K4nnyc has said, even this might not work anymore due to population influx and lack of a self-regulating system. I'd rather go for a longterm solution than have 2 weeks of ganking and then NOTHING...(examples? Bori and server merges)
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 12th December 2013 at 15:40.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast