Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: pvp quality on fury

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Who came with this definition ?
    To me a ranger that does nothing but dps and use his ccs only to save his life is a KDwhore.
    Anyone who doesn't play for the team and is only concerned with their K/D when they are a non factor player to begin with to me is the definition of KDwhore.

For example, ranger or tank pretty much focus the one or two clothies per side regardless if they are impacting the game or not, some fool could be 0-20 and the same ranger keeps killing them off the pad over and over, while the player who is an actual threat is basically ignored all game unless it's an opportunity attack because it's not a certain kill or it's too much effort to try.

For me, I'd rather kill the better players first unless some other target is situationally better to kill (like a healer or range dps). Killing better known players a few times usually causes them to rage, not play as well, redirect to focusing me only (which is fine, let them catch me), or the best, leave the match entirely. Knowing everyone who is a regular in pugs is one of the few benefits of pug minis, you get to know more players than just the premade circuit and after 3 or 4 matches generally judge people tactics and know what they will do when you recognize names. You will always know the flag bots, the Totem zergers, the KDwhores, the stealth attack/facestab DWW only crew, ect...

And if you get a bunch of idiots on a team, there's no shame in leaving a match before it starts if you know 5/6 of the people on your team are worthless. It's accepting the game then leaving after you decided to get involved with bad teams I don't like.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Anyone who doesn't play for the team and is only concerned with their K/D when they are a non factor player to begin with to me is the definition of KDwhore.

For example, ranger or tank pretty much focus the one or two clothies per side regardless if they are impacting the game or not, some fool could be 0-20 and the same ranger keeps killing them off the pad over and over, while the player who is an actual threat is basically ignored all game unless it's an opportunity attack because it's not a certain kill or it's too much effort to try.

For me, I'd rather kill the better players first unless some other target is situationally better to kill (like a healer or range dps). Killing better known players a few times usually causes them to rage, not play as well, redirect to focusing me only (which is fine, let them catch me), or the best, leave the match entirely. Knowing everyone who is a regular in pugs is one of the few benefits of pug minis, you get to know more players than just the premade circuit and after 3 or 4 matches generally judge people tactics and know what they will do when you recognize names. You will always know the flag bots, the Totem zergers, the KDwhores, the stealth attack/facestab DWW only crew, ect...

And if you get a bunch of idiots on a team, there's no shame in leaving a match before it starts if you know 5/6 of the people on your team are worthless. It's accepting the game then leaving after you decided to get involved with bad teams I don't like.
    the concept of kd whore works when everyone is a kd whore but know they must win on kills, weak links in a team are protected and ppl sharpen their movement skills and use of terrain. cap the flag is a cute idea but at its core i think it has prevented the community from further pushing the limits of pvp competitiveness.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456