Thread: Question About Enemy Level Numbers

Unhappy Question About Enemy Level Numbers

I notice many times that on a quest or just grinding that ememies are the same level as me or lower and fight like they are level 80 strength.

Why is this and why does AOC just put the proper level number above there head so you know not to attack them and get your butt wooped?...

Regards

You might be hitting epic mobs. If their cast bar is larger and a 'mottled' red color, then they are going to be harder. If their red health bar has vertical irregular stripes in it, then they are epic mobs and are intended for group kills.

Default Question About Enemy Level Numbers

No, that is not the case. This happens in normal mode. Example is the Villas in the Noble district. One or two of them have enemies at same level as me but are way stronger than me.

Regards

Which class and what level are you? Is this inside the villas themselves or in the noble district on the way to the villas?

Villa instances scale to the level of your character. If you do a Villa at level 40 in level 40 gear, you're gonna be ok. But if you do a villa at level 80 in level 40 gear, you're gonna be eaten alive.

well not rly, i think u are using too much white hits and no combos,

u can do villas at 80 level with tortage gear and do just fine without dying
    The Law

Derled, I'd like to watch that on youtube if you could fraps it and upload it there.

Another possibility is that you are running a buff that gives you a bonus in some stats but has a downside making you more vulnerable to certain types of attacks, eg unholy or frost damage, and the NPCs that you are finding deal excessive damage to you do that type of damage.