Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a couple questions

Default a couple questions

started a Assassin a few weeks ago . . and think I found a class I really like and enjoy. Only been soloing, now 40

questions (PvE related Only)

where are the best areas I could solo and get gear? (that's not at the Trader)

Should I still get the -%hate, even though I may be soloing most of the time ?

Ambush from the Rogue tree, looks like fun, is it worth spending feat points for Ambush ?

Quote Originally Posted by XaatXuun View Post
    started a Assassin a few weeks ago . . and think I found a class I really like and enjoy. Only been soloing, now 40

questions (PvE related Only)

where are the best areas I could solo and get gear? (that's not at the Trader)

Should I still get the -%hate, even though I may be soloing most of the time ?

Ambush from the Rogue tree, looks like fun, is it worth spending feat points for Ambush ?
    You can solo the best gear in Khitai (Rise of The GodSlayer expansion needed)

-hate gear is for group PVE only

Ambush is crap. If you are doing solo PVE then you don't need any points in general tree.

check out www.assassinshideout.com for assassin guides
    Retired

thank you thank you

yeah did {I think} all I can do in Gateway (only place I can play {Quest} without the expansion), loved the drops from there and really enjoyed that map/Zone

Just having a tough time replacing some gear, still running with a rare 29 & 30 daggers, which are much better then any green daggers @lvl. too many close calls in the Noble District, not sure if it because I had easy to that point or if the the current gear is lacking some umph

I had questioned the less Hate feats , because it may be something that will be needed in some group dungeons, guess I'll just have to trust who ever is healing can keep me up, I know if I was 100% solo . . I don't need it, just there may be moments of some group.

Ahh bummers and thank you about Ambush .. looked like it would be fun to use, just didn't like the idea spending points just to get Ambush, Since it's "crap" , I won't look there again

thanks for the link, already had that booked marked, been there a few times, just for me to understand what I had read, I need to play into the assassin more, it's how I can understand what I have read better

new questions

I don't and rarely if I do, use Face Stab, will that be a problem ? how important is face stab in a rotation
    ( I do use Soul strike )

The feat Dark Weapon, do I need a dark weapon ? (I don't know if such exists) or is that just a ability Passive name , I'm not sure I read into it correctly
    would Dark Weapon feat be worth taking ?

Lotus-coated Dart . . would that be something I need for anything special ? can I live with out that
    been looking in the Assassin section and I see that it is in most of the feat planner links, but I don't understand when or why I would need it

Quote Originally Posted by XaatXuun View Post

I don't and rarely if I do, use Face Stab, will that be a problem ? how important is face stab in a rotation
    ( I do use Soul strike )

The feat Dark Weapon, do I need a dark weapon ? (I don't know if such exists) or is that just a ability Passive name , I'm not sure I read into it correctly
    would Dark Weapon feat be worth taking ?

Lotus-coated Dart . . would that be something I need for anything special ? can I live with out that
    been looking in the Assassin section and I see that it is in most of the feat planner links, but I don't understand when or why I would need it
    Face Stab is a core damage dealer and you should use it as often as you can. It is a "naked" finished which means it will do 1 x face stab damage even if no poison is present (Grim Corruption or Slow Death Strikes combo). Just use it in between combos or during them to pack more punch.

Dark Weapons is for sustained raid damage, it is for raiding.

here is leveling guide: http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2013/...ing-guide.html

all three miasmas (lotus dart, face stab and soul strike) are extermly useful and you will need them to reach your full damage potential.

In solo PVE you will want to be this build at lvl 80:

http://goo.gl/ZmIBG

here is how you solo PVE at lvl 80:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmVJnCBX-EM

AOC has horrible loot when it comes to open world/old world dunegeons drops. If you want real loot then you need to level up your factions in Khitai (expansion region).

Here are the items you can get from each faction:

http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php

on that PVE movie I am wearing Brittle Blade armor (covered with vanity armor):

http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php?s=1
    Last edited by Slith; 9th December 2013 at 05:17.
    Retired

cool, what I have done isn’t too far off with the feats
    against bosses or elite mobs I always start off with grim strike and slow death, if I remember I use Soul Strike, last night I tried to make it more a habit to using face stab.
    Thanks for the videos, besides the use of face stab, and I mainly use Swift strike’s, it was like watching myself .
    I cannot recall the name of it, but recently acquire the dash attack, I think it was when I dinged 40, I love that one (reason I asked earlier about Ambush).
    I’m going to need more time adjusting to using face stab, so I may be slow getting lotus-coated Dart, but I’ll work on it.

Question
    Death Gaze .. Is this something I would know the best time to use, or is there a idea time for it ? Is it like a stun ?
    Opps just read it again, it's a hinder

How often are you using snap kick ? Every chance it’s off CD ?

I don’t plan to reset what feats I have spent points on already, so may take a few levels to reach the suggested planned feats
    Last edited by XaatXuun; 10th December 2013 at 00:07. Reason: update on something I misread

I am not using too many CCs in the video because I am so well geared. Use as many CCs as you feel you need to stay alive. This will be very important in Khitai.
    Retired

@XaatXuun Death gaze is fear, snap kick= knock back,
    opportunistic strike = stun, miasma soul strike after slow death strike = stun, and then ofc u wanna do double tap forward for fun and get random stun
    The Law

Basically use your crowd controls when you see the mob you are fighting starts casting some ability you want to avoid. Go to interface options and enable timer bars and targets target portrait, then you can see at all times who your target is targetting, and what he is casting on the target.

Soul Strikes is nice for that huge hit, but Poison Dart at least when feated does more sustained damage. I always try to alternate between them, and I do Face Stabs after the Detonation or when Poison has ended.

grim corruption, soul strike,
    swtich target, slow death strike dart, switch target, deto booms dmg on 3 mobs. and on last target svift strike + naked face stab, all 3 targets dead in 3-4 sec
    The Law

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast