Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Tos vs Pom

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Yes completely. ToS only have quick sand as AoE CC to get out of trouble, it has a cast and lots of class a likely to dodge it. Sins with lucky LO procs or AoD / LOD, barbs with all their anti-cc. Even mages with purge will get out of it. Not to mention Carny conqs with 40% resist too root and guards that dodge one out of two CC ^^
    Yep, and you have to consider moving after, but they can still CC you in the same time (or stagger) so you're still in range of their weapons and wasted your CC for nothing.
    Notice also a good part of decent soldiers have Avoid Entanglement AA, reducing the duration of root by 0.6sec per rank. So basically you give 60sec root immunity for a 6sec root duration, if not resisted.

@Kalston: Sorry writing too much for your taste. But if you look at the posts above (especially Ionerons, Bibiks and Vehls), these were exactly my points and what i was aiming at (people saying not only that PoM is good, but also WHY). As you can see, the good points for PoMs are linked to certain conditions.
    Sure, with current PvP you can expect most PoMs fullfilling the AA and even gear requirements, but that does not help at all new PoMs.
    About the squishyness...you forget, that i also said, that PoM has more options to get away just exactly for the reasons you mention yourself (comparison of ccs).

I just don't like that, because a class has one or two synergies or unbalanced abilities, it is considered OP. Especially when these are not mentioned (deliberately). Same with conqs. Or demos. Or necros. Or DTs. ... statements like this result in the reroller waves we see after each revamp (including the frustration, when the OP class turns out not so easy as thought or gets nerfed) or unbalanced fixes from the devs. It is also quite rude to the "good" PoMs, who shine in their class.

@OP: You might want to check the TestLive Forums as well, since people tend to be less abusive and go more into detail there. But for a quick class overview it might be too specialized. For that Arta, Suctum (first post here), Diablo, Korando (first post) and Gevlya have said the most important points here already.

@Vehl: I was not here at the start of the discussion, but it looks to me some posts are missing, that might explain the vindicativeness. Or it is personal...from both sides? Still you have to admit that Arta brought up arguments why PoM is not strong in PvP (which is relative and subjective maybe, but it CAN...as true as that it CAN be one of the strongest in PvP), while others got hostile quite fast or just stated things like "everyone knows, that...", "Pfftt..:", "...Wat", "you got to be trolling", "nb:oh and the pom above is a free kill" etc.).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 12th December 2013 at 15:29.

Oh dear. I wont bother replying to all of theese posts. I play both tos and pom in pvp and they are both VERY viable classes.

I personally enjoy tos more though. You kinda get right in the middle of it as ranged tos is boring fail.

Pom is really strong though. Imo not as strong as conq for example but its upp there among the best classes for pvp.

But again. Tos is way more fun id say and it can be really powerfull if played right.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456