Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tos vs Pom

Quote Originally Posted by Arta View Post
    I see the ganker instinct work on forum too, but i will not go away.
    Yeah pleae, don't go away mate... climb up the rock of JS more often please and spam your smite Anayway, I am not here to defend guys and I never met Suctum ingame, just said what I think referring this forum! But please tell me, please... do you seriously think pom is a weak class?
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Pom is better to kill single targets tos is better to kill many targets the same time bs best for single targets.pom stay little more alive from me than tos. ALL Healers make bad for the minis people leave minis cause of bad balance healers produce.
    Last edited by Tzaz; 11th December 2013 at 14:20.

Not comparing to TOS here but correcting some errors that have been told about POM:

- about the high spell coefficient, it doesnt mean that POMs dont need so much magic damage on gear but on the contrary, that its damages are more gear dependant. as a result, the 40% mitigation is yes possible, but at a very high cost -trade off- in huge damage loss, with a very specific build.

- about armor of faith, the debuff to unholy isnt a couple % that can even scale down, but a flat 15%. it doesnt give 10% mitigation, even if fully feated quite deep in divinity tree.

- about green heals, they have to be cast (long cast time) unless feated as a proc on damage received

- about bubbles, hands of mitra is feated quite deep in vengeance, so do not stack this advantage with the above which is in divinity

- about recast timer of second bubble, fully feated it will go down to 8 minutes and not 5. To remove the stun, and fully feat the snare and mana cost reduction, it requires a silver perk equiped.

- about self damage reduction shield, featable to 12s and 20% it requires a silver perk equiped.

- there is no such instant aoe, it has a cast time that gives plenty time to run out. can be improved if light the path is equiped though.

- can equip only 2 of the 3 above silver perks.

- fear (cd reset with a crit) requires to equip silver perk and to drop either 20% shield buff or debuff reduction on second bubble.

- about the number of bombs a sin can pass between bubbles, i dont see the point, sins can remove POMs bubbles.

- machine gun smites every 2 minutes requires end feat in vengeance, and a such feated POM cannot reach the 40% mitigations above stated (will most probably be around 25 and struggle for 30), nor can have the feated aoc stun stated.

So yes, POM has nice tools to play with, but just like other class you have choices to make and cannot have all at once.

summing up all that has been told about POM in that thread, this is the closer build i get... Is it the one you would suggest for POM?
    http://goo.gl/3nwsi8
    Last edited by Gevlya; 11th December 2013 at 15:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I think perhaps you picked the wrong server...
    You should thinking on yourself and don't on others chosen good server ot not. This is not your job.
    Artarosse

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    Cause I'm too lazy to reroll another class from start atm
    You agree that dont know the pom.

Anyway sorry, now you are really looking bad. Most people agree that PoM is at the top of the food chain atm.
    It's quite a general consensus.
    I am very bad. Realy... and i will looks more bad if you call your all friend here, for they type here that "the pom is great the best... because just... you looks bad... and we hate you"
    Don't think this is childish?

I respect different opinions, but I don't respect personal attacks.
    Do you respect? I did type many fact from pom. You respect the opinion then you type any explanation. But you write here at umpteen the mandatory mantra " the pom is the best" because anyone sent you here.
    This is not respect, this is horde instinct.

I expressed my opinion on game subjects without naming you. The fact I don't play PoM doesn't mean I have no knowledge about class skills, since I'm forced to play vs PoMs.
    Did you play a duel agaist a T4 pom? You know this is not enough!
    So again you admit dont know the pom... but then why you write? Have you notification pressure? Anyone sent you here post against me?

To be direct this time: you clearly look like a very bad player, and you are also acting brainless versus people who didn't really care to attack you.
    Goodbye
    I am very bad player... but you have not right call me brainless. I gave explanation near my opinion... you still owe with that.
    Only the real brainless people say anything without explanation.
    example; "pom is the best" "why?" "Because just"
    Artarosse

Quote Originally Posted by Bendowill View Post
    But please tell me, please... do you seriously think pom is a weak class?
    i did post in theme on first page... please learn read too. Can be advantage before you write any.
    Artarosse

I glad to see some normal people use this forum too

Quote Originally Posted by Gevlya View Post
    summing up all that has been told about POM in that thread, this is the closer build i get... Is it the one you would suggest for POM?
    i check your build
    Artarosse

Quote Originally Posted by Gevlya View Post
    Is it the one you would suggest for POM?
    I think the Improved purification is one of the best pom feats. I miss that from your build. The purification take a dot at your enemy and let you damage your enemy and heal yourself in one time. Big help in the unavoidable closecombat, and help kill the last sec run away attacker.
    I think the 9 point on general too much price for that 527 armor. if you spend that on divinity side then you getting holy cleansing and holy storm. The hol cleansing let you survive the sin or demo attack and start the holy storm. The holy storm let you cast the Condemnation with half cast time.
    Artarosse

It is a bit weird to put PoM on top of the food chain. As every healer, it can be very good if left unfocused, but also needs support to get good scores in minis. Even the best renowned pvp10 PoMs are not scoring well, because they are poms, but because PoM can shine in a premade group. Alone they die as fast as ToS, when focused.

Where you have a point is, when it comes to PoM AAs. They can add a lot. But as Arta said, judging and giving advice on a build, when it only becomes valid with certain AAs and gear and lvl80, might not help much, unless you can explain why and why not some things are good.

I have different PoMs, but either hybrid or vengeance, so i can not really comment on some specs(and might miss out any OP avatar spec).

Personally i did train soul of mitra, so i can move while it is on...also the instant repulse is a very nice thing to have due to AA.

For PvE the specs i have work very well, but i am out of practice with pvping on pom (just went for the 2 final vengeance feats and some lance or even condemnation).

ToS can score a lot more "driveby" damage and is bubblewise at a disadvantage (has to feat most, while pom gets things for free). also the stun and roots are highly resisted, while pom can aoe slow and fear.

For other things, Gevlya has said most already i can check my pve vengeance build and post, if interested though. works fine even with not good gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arta View Post
    You agree that dont know the pom.

I am very bad. Realy... and i will looks more bad if you call your all friend here, for they type here that "the pom is great the best... because just... you looks bad... and we hate you"
    Don't think this is childish?

Do you respect? I did type many fact from pom. You respect the opinion then you type any explanation. But you write here at umpteen the mandatory mantra " the pom is the best" because anyone sent you here.
    This is not respect, this is horde instinct.

Did you play a duel agaist a T4 pom? You know this is not enough!
    So again you admit dont know the pom... but then why you write? Have you notification pressure? Anyone sent you here post against me?

I am very bad player... but you have not right call me brainless. I gave explanation near my opinion... you still owe with that.
    Only the real brainless people say anything without explanation.
    example; "pom is the best" "why?" "Because just"
    Are you mad?!? Uh?!?

Seems that the fact that everyone else has different opinion than you about your class is driving you mad..

Ask for some advice to good PoMs to understand where you fail and stop attacking everyone who is expressing an opinion different than yours.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast