Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tos vs Pom

No, he's totally right. Pom is one of the strongest classes in any form of pvp. Absolutely top 4 (if not higher...) along with soldiers.

Tos and BS are not bad classes but they are rather balanced and not OP at anything (well, BS is strong in duels I'll give you that).
    Last edited by kalston; 11th December 2013 at 10:28.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Take PoM over ToS anyday, anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Arta View Post
    you play demo on PvE server... i play pom on PvP server. I believe you have different experience
    Say what? I started out at launch on Doomsayer, and I was on Tyranny until 2011, at which point I went to Cimmeria, and back to Tyranny. It was not until last year that I went to Set(now Crom) because Tyranny had ZERO pvp population or challenge. You do realize that 50% of the people that play in Fury have characters on Crom? You can't judge people by what server they are on anymore, because most people who have been playing as long as I have have been on every server at some point,

You obviously have little to no pvp experience if you believe PoM is a terrible pvp class. My PoM is only PvP 3 and I can definitely change the outcome of a mini even with an average team. 2 bubbles, 2 instant aoe damage spells, machine gun smites every 2 minutes, and even some mana drain from searing eye, fears every few seconds, group snare, free green heals, and low dependency on damage coeffeciants (so you can take survivability gear and not lose tons of dps), how can you not see the power of the this class.
    Last edited by Suctum; 11th December 2013 at 11:31.
    Doomsayer 2008

It has nothing to do with the topic here but honestly... I find it's really silly to say something like "coz you play on pve server you have different or less experience" especially nowadays when everyone has / had toons on any server. Long ago on Mitra (German pve...) I also had to face pvp players who I would see much stronger then most fury players nowadays!

You just need to read several of Suctum's post to realize he has a lot of knowledge, understanding and experience, so I seriously think he knows what he is talking about. And from my experience: I would see POM as the second most strongest and "OP" class after Conq, then comes DT. The amount of cc this class has is even hilarious and the dmg- output (burst) is evil! Okay, as caster I can understand why this class needs some cc, but I never understand why the hell a conq needs so many cc, but different topic here...
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Say what? I started out at launch on Doomsayer, and I was on Tyranny until 2011, at which point I went to Cimmeria, and back to Tyranny. It was not until last year that I went to Set(now Crom) because Tyranny had ZERO pvp population or challenge. You do realize that 50% of the people that play in Fury have characters on Crom? You can't judge people by what server they are on anymore, because most people who have been playing as long as I have have been on every server at some point,
    Now you want tell you whole life? I will not respect that you play long time ago, on more different place. I give my respect for all human person basicly, and can own before forfeit that. You did it! This is irreversible progression. So meanless you talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    You obviously have little to no pvp experience if you believe PoM is a terrible pvp class. My PoM is only PvP 3 and I can definitely change the outcome of a mini even with an average team. 2 bubbles, 2 instant aoe damage spells, machine gun smites every 2 minutes, and even some mana drain from searing eye, fears every few seconds, group snare, free green heals, and low dependency on damage coeffeciants (so you can take survivability gear and not lose tons of dps), how can you not see the power of the this class.
    Please understand this forum is not only your own. Try accept some different opinion are opposite your own.
    I did write my summary for people are thinking on healer, or started one but don't want suffer similar rough communication style as your own, for getting T4 gear.
    Artarosse

PoM is definitely the best PvP class at the moment imo (yes, PoM 1st, Conq 2nd imo).

It's not "OP", and by this I mean that it is not game breaking.
    But it's definitely the class with the highest potential, which means it can be a monster in right hands (Ubermiley, Iyon, Chevrette and others).

Anyway don't underestimate BS and ToS too.

ToS is highly dependant on team and especially on how players position on the map.
    That's why ToS doesn't often shine in random minigames: too much crap positioning, and people randomly spreading here and there with no clear goal (especially on Crom, I must admit that Fury suffers less of this problem.. probably because people need PvP gear and thus focus on winning the mini).
    Anyway, in good hands ToS is definitely an ok class, perfectly viable for PvP (by OK I mean that it can be at the very top or very bottom of the food chain aswell, it all depends on player skill and gear/AA).

BS imo can be a monster class.
    It has not as much potential as PoM, but well.. I love that class and for sure it doesn't lack anything in both PvP and PvE. Just a bit harder to master maybe than the few other classes I tried.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 11th December 2013 at 12:32.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Bendowill View Post
    I find it's really silly to say something like "coz you play on pve server you have different or less experience"
    Law ganker totaly meanless you lie that i said that you try give to me. I didnt say he have less experience. Everyone can see what i did write if page back one. i dont understand why must lie similar transparent. You blame yourself with similar things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendowill View Post
    You just need to read several of Suctum's post to realize he has a lot of knowledge, understanding and experience, so I seriously think he knows what he is talking about.
    I understand he is your friend, but should not defend him with unfair pattern. I think he should suffer alone if anyone hit back.

I see the ganker instinct work on forum too, but i will not go away.
    Artarosse

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    PoM is definitely the best PvP class at the moment imo (yes, PoM 1st,
    I will not answer... and i will not read neither at the similar post in future. Enough see the signatures.

Calore - Demo (PvP 8)
    Korando - Bear Shaman (PvP 9)
    Koranto - Dark Templar
    Korania - Tempest of Set
    Andromaeda - Assassin
    Yorian - Ranger

Why you dont play the best class
    Don't need answer! Thanks guys!
    Artarosse

I will not answer... and i will not read neither at the similar post in future. Enough see the signatures.

Calore - Demo (PvP 8)
    Koranto - Dark Templar
    Korania - Tempest of Set
    Andromaeda - Assassin
    Yorian - Ranger

I think perhaps you picked the wrong server, you obviously have some kind of dislike for high level pvpers, talk about ganking(total sign that your on the wrong server), then ask someone why they don't have a PoM? You know how long that it takes to get to pvp 8 and 9 two different toons if your not a bori warror? It took me 4 years to get pvp 10 on just one toon through world pvp and minis alone.

As for that LAW guy, I don't even know him. However, seeing as 7 other people have posted the opposite of what you claim, the gerenal opinion is that PoM is a great pvp class compared to ToS, which requires a ton of gear and AA to be effective, and like calore said, your team bunching people up so you can make the most out of your aoe.
    Doomsayer 2008

Calore - Demo (PvP 8)
    Koranto - Dark Templar
    Korania - Tempest of Set
    Andromaeda - Assassin
    Yorian - Ranger

Cause I'm too lazy to reroll another class from start atm

But believe me, I would like to have a PoM (I actually have a low level one).

Anyway sorry, now you are really looking bad.
    Most people agree that PoM is at the top of the food chain atm.
    It's quite a general consensus.

I respect different opinions, but I don't respect personal attacks.
    I expressed my opinion on game subjects without naming you.
    The fact I don't play PoM doesn't mean I have no knowledge about class skills, since I'm forced to play vs PoMs.

To be direct this time: you clearly look like a very bad player, and you are also acting brainless versus people who didn't really care to attack you.
    Goodbye
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 11th December 2013 at 12:59.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast