Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't Tie PVP Tier 4 To Tournament mode!

Default Don't Tie PVP Tier 4 To Tournament mode!

If you are going to do this you need to not allow current PvE T4 gear into "pug" minis.

At current T4 is the best gear defensively and offencively against melee characters.

It does, however, not help against T4 gear magic casters FOR the melee characters!.

All the minis at the moment are flooded in T4 casters and rangers and not allowing us T4 pvp in pug is completely absurd.

If you go this route you are completely undoing everything from when you added protection to pvp tiered gears. Which quite frankly is a step backward for half pvp players (Melee/non caster) and straight up advantage for casters in pug games.

Regards.

Get pencil and paper ark.
    Then play one day minis, calculate all classes

100000 conqs/poms/dts
    50000 guards/rangers/necros

0-10 rest of the classes, more if lucky

Only soldiers and barb use pvp gear anyway, rest of melees go for t4/khitai if not, then they are stupid and gimp theirself

~Jin
    Last edited by Derled; 11th December 2013 at 05:39.
    The Law

Tbh, It's pretty frustrating to play cloth armor on current situation, mini game filled with soldiers / poms, much fun to be demo,sin, (or troughthedoor) speced barb

its like sure sin can two shot clothie, but sin get two shotted too, but the point is that any soldier can two shot clothie, but they arent getting oneshotted by anyone.. balance
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Tbh, It's pretty frustrating to play cloth armor on current situation, mini game filled with soldiers / poms, much fun to be demo,sin, (or troughthedoor) speced barb

its like sure sin can two shot clothie, but sin get two shotted too, but the point is that any soldier can two shot clothie, but they arent getting oneshotted by anyone.. balance
    man before i upgraded my greens on my barb to pvp t1 necro dots 1 shotted me even with green heals

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Get pencil and paper ark.
    Then play one day minis, calculate all classes

100000 conqs/poms/dts
    50000 guards/rangers/necros

0-10 rest of the classes, more if lucky

Only soldiers and barb use pvp gear anyway, rest of melees go for t4/khitai if not, then they are stupid and gimp theirself

~Jin
    This exactly

A better suggestion would be to forget about pvp t4 gear for now. Correct the current imbalance between pvp t3 and crafted/t4 gear. Then, close the gap in stats between all of the pvp tiers. This will eliminate a new grind and also close the imbalance between new and veteran players in pvp.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." --Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Surgery View Post
    If you are going to do this you need to not allow current PvE T4 gear into "pug" minis.

At current T4 is the best gear defensively and offencively against melee characters.

It does, however, not help against T4 gear magic casters FOR the melee characters!.

All the minis at the moment are flooded in T4 casters and rangers and not allowing us T4 pvp in pug is completely absurd.

If you go this route you are completely undoing everything from when you added protection to pvp tiered gears. Which quite frankly is a step backward for half pvp players (Melee/non caster) and straight up advantage for casters in pug games.

Regards.
    The fact any pve gear is allowed to be used in pvp is quite frankly stupid. They had it right with heroic stats, where it limited your pve gear to be almost obsolete for pvp and any pvp gear to be the same for pve.

Saying pve t4 gear for pugs is essential is only saying this:

"I need a gear advantage over player X because I grinded Y amount of time and should be rewarded with an edge for my time." There's a fundamental problem with how the t2 and t3 pvp sets were made, where they favor tanks, shammys, and barbs with their protection and constitution, and meanwhile every set has the same crit rating, crit damage rating, and dps. The armor needs to be looked at and changed, and dps classes should have more dps representative stats while tanks should have more defensive stats like the original t1 armor. But the answer is not to make better pve gear to fill the gap since the progression lines are totally different.

The problem with this is that pvp gear was not expanded on and players relied on pve gear to tailor their toons for dps, survivability, and crit rating. You should be able to do so, but it should be done with pvp gear you earned through completing pvp activities, not pve. All they need to do is make variable sets and ranges of gear you can buy through a pvp vendor which would have the same effect.

The problem I see is that people don't want people who focus on pvp and not pve to have the same advanatage that a pve focused player can over a pvp progressed player now.

"Don't tie t4 to tournaments?" They most certainly should, if your acquiring the highest level of pvp gear it should be the most competitive to obtain. Justify why a memory cloud weapon should be better than a pvp 10 weapon in pvp, then justify the grind for each. It's laughable.
    Last edited by Suctum; 17th December 2013 at 01:31.
    Doomsayer 2008

But i like the looks of many of the pvp t4 gear. i wanna have it. PvP Fashionista!

Tournament mode = Premades vs Pugs + Bori
    FC took 2 failed ideas and combined them

@doomkiller, u sure are helpfull sometimes on global chat, but u sure have lot of wrong info given to newbies who ask, first of all, you should not comment on any PVP thread, you dont do it, u never done it, u are competley bad at it,
    The Law

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast