Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PvP - changes are coming p.II

Default PvP - changes are coming p.II

if you want the formated text go here:
    http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2013/...g-part-ii.html

first thread:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=186431

==============================================
    I should have waited before posting part 1 so Nusquam could replied to my request for posting the pvp news/plans/raw draft. Instead I went for half-baked post, but forgive me, I was just being excited.

Anyway here are the exact pvp thingies I have asked the devs :

PvP T4 gear
    It is planned as next tier that is necessary in order to close gap between PvP T3 and T4. This might also be the last pvp gear update as in the future FC feels strong about making PVE gear not matter so much in PvP.

Worst case scenario I think I can probably get the PvP rank 4 gear out by myself and that should at least address some of the issues T4 raid gear has introduced even if can't help as much as I would like it to with social aspects. (P.S if and when T5 raid gear is introduced I want to make it major priority that this does not effect PvP in such a major way). - CirithGorgor
    I personally have nothing against next PvP tier as it won't change anything in the current "balance" of things. The fact remains that a large portion of PvP population is already swinging vastly superior PVE weapons (be it crafted T3 or T4 entity/cloud) and T4 PVE gear is widespread. If anything PvP T4 gear will actually give PVPers a chance to catch up in the "arms race" without resorting to raiding T4/farming cloud.
    What about those that have recently joined PVP? Wouldn't new pvp armor only widen the gap between them and veterans? Granted, it will, but overwhelming presence of T4 gear invalidates that argument. Saying that pvp T4 armor will affect noobies is taking a blind eye to T4. Furthermore T4 gear is not for everyone: it takes large guild of dedicated, well organised raiders to aquire it. PvP gear? Well, it takes PVP to get it. I rather have people having chance at new PvP tier than a false promise of "balance".
    My personal stance on this is I want new pvp tier as it would give me new pvp goal to aim for.

Tournament mode
    This is best part: new T4 pvp gear will be, most likely, tied exclusively to tournament mode minigames.
    While it doesn't exactly show up in the quotes the idea behind "trival changes to tournament mode" is actually changing the sign up system so you can queue up with 2,4,5 or whatever amount of friends and the minigame will go off (right now tournament mode needs exacly two teams of 6 to sign up or it won't start).

We hope to have a solution soon. In the short term it might be as simple as providing tokens for tournament mode and offering a new reward structure (perhaps the only way to acquire the next tier of PvP gear) but we will need to run through the options in depth.But of course, there are larger problems with the minigames. People ignoring the rulesets completely to farm spawn points e.t.c - Nusquam
    The major sticking point is that all changes relating to tournament mode, however trivial they might seem, do require codework and being honest this is very tight at moment - CirithGorgor
    So in short tournament mode will work like old queue system: sign up alone, with 2 friends or with bloody premade. The rewards will be different and it will be the only way to get new tier of armor.
    There might be some concers about "spliting" the PVP population into 2 separate minigames (randoms and tournament). I personally think it can't hurt: the current pvp population is far from growing or even being stable (people are fed up with zero pvp changes) so if anything new tournament mode can bring back some people/encourage more players to get back into PVP. With tournament mode being the only way to progress further in pvp there is a good chance that random queue will have less veterans signing up and thus things will get easier for low pvp level players to actually play this damn game. Also: ability to AGAIN play with friends? I would be happy to do just that.

So there you have it, these are the ideas that sum up as: changes to the tournament mode, new pvp tier armor that can be acquired only in tournament mode and next tier PVE gear - if it comes at all - will get nerf bat in PVP.

And last but not least: I don't get any exclusive, secret development info. I have merely politely asked the devs via forum prv msg and they have responded. Anyone can do that if they are willing to go beyond "fix pvp lol".
    Retired

If they do tweak tournament mode this way id be way more inclined to play daily again for sure.
    Right now im quite fed up with the complete lack of the social aspect of PvP - bored of playing alone like this is some kind of single player game.

Encouraging news.

Good job Slith
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

@slith i'm not sure I really follow this....

(I know nothing is set in stone) !

-you say if they make PVE T5 gear then it will be nerfed in pvp good! but sounds like they not nerfing PVE T4 in pvp

-New pvp gear T4 will be a massive grind if its lvl 10+ and if they don't nerf PVE T4 whats the point in new pvp T4 armor? would be much faster to join the pve T4 wep/gear farm!

-How can they balance this new pvp T4 armor on soldiers? can they really up the stats on current pvp T3 soldiers armor!

-Is there still NO news on buffing CURRENT pvp tire weapons to be more in line with PVE tire (WHILE BEING USED IN PVP)

-Where is the unchained mini game mode news?

-Current mini game mode + this new Tournament mode + Unchained mini game mode ?? nah the population of aoc cant support this! with out cross server minis or ONE big server

You say pvp T4 armor might be tied exclusively to tournament mode minigames that's good! but if it need pvp lvl 10+ to wear then that's very very bad!!

I know you have a lvl cap pvp10 as do I and so do alot of others! But making pvp 11-15 is a big no no we need pvp content + competition not lvl grind!

Some will say I QQing again but why oh why do funcom keep ADDING things BEFOR fixing the current problems!!

BALANCE THE CURRENT PVP TIRE WEAPONS to be the same power as PVE TIRE WEAPONS (while being used in pvp)!!!!! Then add things....

OR JUST NERF ALL PVE GEAR WHILE BEING USED IN PVP

- A pvp5 BS with PVE T4 weapon has more DPS than a PVP10 BS with PVP10 weapon LOL things like this need fixing first!! I don't think the AOC team even thought about the kinda stats PVE T4 weapons bring to pvp

Say again a pvp5 BS with PVE T4 weapon has MORE dps that a PVP10 BS with pvp10 weapon! fix that! with out more pvp lvl grind or any kinda grind at all! fix things like that first then ADD stuff

FFS, why dont ppl understand, why dont ppl who work for this game understand.. only ppl who understood this problem.. well they left.

1. YOU CANT, u just CANT increase the stats in pvp anymore, it creates more grind, more gear gap, and more angry faces and less players,

pvp t1 full set (weapons also) OBTAINABLE at pvp level 1,

pvp t2 gear obtainable at pvp 4 (NO ****ing tokens needed)
    pvp t3 can stay at pvp 10 since its only for vanity after t2 pvp anyway

pvp t4 if they make one? you should obtain it by doing world pvp, sieges,

for example win siege, get t4 pvp item, But just dont increase stats, its not like my pvp5 guard would not aleready have 61% protection, its silly

Most dumbest S*it i ever seen is that you can have 50000/20000 kd for example. u are pvp 8-10. but .. U CANT BUY gear, because u havent farmed daily stupid pug mini games,

and then there is pvp 8 guard who has 100 kills and 1000 deaths. he is full pvp t2 geared? what is the point of this ****? pls tell me, my barb halfway pvp 8. and i only bought t2 belt,helmet+shoes. thats it
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    can they really up the stats on current pvp T3 soldiers armor!
    U must be kidding :>

P.S. Nerfing pve t5 in pvp and giving superior pvp t4 gear will be super epic fail, if it gonna be sticked to Tournament. Back in days on Two Eagles were already zerg guilds "doing" minis 24/7 to get tokens (i.e. ppl signing minis and just doing flags fast without fighting), so will be same story again. Its funny that been no pvp content yet which werent exploited.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Guys, guys, guys....

Don't shot the messenger. I just shared few info tid bits and I have no other informations to provide.

It's all up for discussion as FC did't start ANY work on this and won't till the crafting revamp is out.
    Retired

Just give us some open world objectives that gives t4 pvp tokens and we r good 2 go!
    "Stalk them like a ranger, kill them swiftly like a sin and brag about it laterz like a true barbarian"

Trippel the sin..

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingen View Post
    Just give us some open world objectives that gives t4 pvp tokens and we r good 2 go!
    Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor
    I'd love to add new systems etc... but its less feasible in reality, at least in the short term
    /10 charrrrrrrrs
    Retired

Slith thnx for info and effort but i really hoped there wont be any more gear grind for pvp
    Give gear to everyone fast and make grind only different vanity stuff.
    I have a lot of pvp 5 chars that i like to play now and then, dont want to be forced to play just high lvl char to grind for another pvp lvls.
    Right now im more casual player and i log in do few minis and thats it, even if i focus 1 char now it will take ages to bring him to pvp 10 and dont even want to think about higher lvls...
    Please funcom make grind in pvp only to be vanity one. Give multiple choices of vanity gear with pvp lvls and tokens, but keep it so that each archetype can only use for vanity what is ment for him. so soldiers=heavy or plate, mages=cloth and sin cloth and so on...

Thanks Crom there are such persons as Slith is. Not even he is good player, have nice personality and bla bla he also has patience, wisdom and abilities to speek with developers in the way they really listening. And that all just cos he loves the game. Thanks indeed
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast