Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for the tech guru's on pc build

Now is the worst time to buy PC parts.

AMD just releasing new gen cards, NVidia's 800 series in a few months.

New CPUs from Intel and AMD, DDR4 coming in 5 months, so all DDR3 stuff will be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    Now is the worst time to buy PC parts.

AMD just releasing new gen cards, NVidia's 800 series in a few months.

New CPUs from Intel and AMD, DDR4 coming in 5 months, so all DDR3 stuff will be cheaper.
    It's never a 'good' time to buy computer hardware though ... it's obsolete the second you walk out the door with it

As long as it is sufficient for the usage, go for it!
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

My advice is don't buy a piece at a time. Parts prices drop week by week. If you wait until the end to buy everything you will get more/better and cheaper.

600 series cards are great just not with AoC. I know the game has the Nvidia logo on the load screens but this means nothing. I have a GTX 660 and aoc is constantly causing problems for me. Black screens followed by reduced framerate. Can only use directx9.

At the very least hold off and buy the graphics card last.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180432

Cheapest place in Australia
    http://www.msy.com.au/
    The website looks like it was made by a 5-year-old but prices are almost at distributor level.
    Last edited by Daynan; 13th December 2013 at 02:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Daynan View Post
    600 series cards are great just not with AoC. I know the game has the Nvidia logo on the load screens but this means nothing. I have a GTX 660 and aoc is constantly causing problems for me. Black screens followed by reduced framerate. Can only use directx9.
    The logo at the start means Nvidia sent one of their men to Funcom during development to help Funcom's staff use Nvidia's tools, features, and generally help where it was needed regarding graphics

That is very odd, I run a GTX 660ti and havent had any probs with AOC in DX9 or DX10.

Nvidia 600 series cards had problems with AoC for most of this year. Apparently the latest drivers released in the last couple of months have fixed this. I've played a few times now using the latest non-beta driver and so far things are going great in DX10. With DX9 the problem still persists, but then the only reason I was using DX9 was because DX10 used to completely crash me out of the game.

One strange side-effect I've noticed with the latest drivers is that my characters are now slightly wider making them look like they have put on some weight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12