Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T4 PvP gear

minimum bori is zero bori, you know that, right?:P

Brutaly deserves better treatment here! Damn - miss ur posts on the DT-forums <3

Sure, u don't want to enjoy the higher latencies these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    minimum bori and then you had at least 3 pieces? i call that a lot of bori. XD and then "only" the pieces with crit. As if crit isnt anything a dts needs...

hypocrite...
    Baited!

I actually was part of one of the three guilds that fought almost non stop in there and i can truly say that those three pieces actually was earned in pvp. Think it took me close to 4 months to get them opposite to a couple of days for the farmers. Bori actually worked as long s there was strong guilds like Futilez, Nastrandir, Ragnarok and Telvanni that fought over it. It stopped working when pve centric players just came for the gear progression.

And i continued to fight in there for years without getting any more parts.

And ofc it was for the crit, dont know if that makes my a hypocrit, i just think it proves my point what stat based progression does to pvp.

Lame attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by -wahaha- View Post
    minimum bori is zero bori, you know that, right?:P
    Yeah for the ones that never had the balls to get in there while the zone was a pvp zone and not a farming zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedge View Post
    Brutaly deserves better treatment here! Damn - miss ur posts on the DT-forums <3

Sure, u don't want to enjoy the higher latencies these days?
    The latency i could live with but after 6k mini games 20000 kills in open world i need something new. I thought they were on track when they announced the unchained minis but those seem to very far away and now they drop the T4 ********.

So i will go back to be a silent watcher and hopefully something new that actually encourages people to fight and being competitive will pop up. It wouldnt take much though. A class based ladder, open world pvp quests and making burning body parts in the borderlands the way to gain pvp xp and not the mats.

Thx for the kind words though.
    Last edited by Thizon; 10th December 2013 at 23:17.

4 month for 3 parts? try to get them in real pvp in this time...

And fighting over bori was about 4 weeks after it was patched in, never ever for 4 month straight. maybe you should try and tell your niece cute stories.

and why are you a hypocrite? Because you got the important parts in a very short time and after that got a big advantage in every other pvp environment with it. and then your are arguing about a gap you never expoerienced from the bad side ( fighting without your gear against ppl like you with your gear to obtain it) and telling funcom it would be a kick in the nuts for pvp 10 vets. lowering the xp needed means, new ppl can get competitive gear faster (bori set have just minor upgrades to mini set, but both are big upgrade to pvp1 set, and mini set will surely be competitve against new pvp4 set) and therefore vets will get competitve players (at least in gear) faster which is an improvement unless you are just are a kd whore farming ppl with worse gear then your own. i have a pvp 10 myself and lots of pvp 5 to 7 and i dont feel kicked in my nuts when they will lower the exp. as long as the gap between pvp4 and pvp2/3 isnt as high as between pvp1 and the rest or between pvet4 and pvp T2 the overall gap will be smaller then now which is a good think. vets who are disappointed about such thing are no pvpers and i personnaly dont need ppl like this in a pvp com.

@thizon

game was better, true, but u know man its funcom , usually from sinking ship the passengers jump out first and captain is last one to jump (if he has time) but in age of conan, the captain jumped out first and let the passengers to drown, **** happens, and idiots are born

and u are right here imo
    The Law

4 month for 3 parts? try to get them in real pvp in this time...

And fighting over bori was about 4 weeks after it was patched in, never ever for 4 month straight. maybe you should try and tell your niece cute stories.

and why are you a hypocrite? Because you got the important parts in a very short time and after that got a big advantage in every other pvp environment with it. and then your are arguing about a gap you never expoerienced from the bad side ( fighting without your gear against ppl like you with your gear to obtain it) and telling funcom it would be a kick in the nuts for pvp 10 vets. lowering the xp needed means, new ppl can get competitive gear faster (bori set have just minor upgrades to mini set, but both are big upgrade to pvp1 set, and mini set will surely be competitve against new pvp4 set) and therefore vets will get competitve players (at least in gear) faster which is an improvement unless you are just are a kd whore farming ppl with worse gear then your own. i have a pvp 10 myself and lots of pvp 5 to 7 and i dont feel kicked in my nuts when they will lower the exp. as long as the gap between pvp4 and pvp2/3 isnt as high as between pvp1 and the rest or between pvet4 and pvp T2 the overall gap will be smaller then now which is a good think. vets who are disappointed about such thing are no pvpers and i personnaly dont need ppl like this in a pvp com.
    Lowering requirements for pvp gear so people in blues and crap pve t1 don't get farmed? What are we losing here? If the requirements were not so high for pvp t2-t3 people would not have resorted to relying on t4 and t3 crafted pve gear to make up the difference. The guy you quoted sounds like he enjoyed having the advantage.

Now, the pve gear is superior to most pvp sets for many classes, and unless they remove pve gear entirely, go back to heroic stats, or upgrade pvp gear (doubtful) there will always remain this gap. And it will get worse because we know they update pve content and items while they do not update pvp.

Lowering the requirements for pvp gear is the best thing they could do because it would be easy to get for new and old alike and players would not resort to pve armor so much. Sounds like a good situation to me.
    Doomsayer 2008

And fighting over bori was about 4 weeks after it was patched in, never ever for 4 month straight.
    Yeah for everyone but the four previously mentioned guilds it was over in weeks. There was actually 4 guilds in there having a lot of fun, unfortunately we shut out the rest of the players since bori is a game of domination.

Sorry you missed out on that and became bitter over not being able to participate and that bori died for you after 4 weeks. I literally killed thousands of people in there and it was a blast.

and why are you a hypocrite? Because you got the important parts in a very short time
    Short time! It would take 30 hours of farming to get 2-3 pieces and i spent over 1000 hours in the borderlands fighting during those nights, minimum of 4 hours each night. I maybe sacked mats 50 times in total and always with opposing forces.

I spent a lot of time in bordlands after that as well, just to pvp versus farmers and reached pvp 10 long before i got the last piece of T3.

You sound bitter, really, you actually think everyone got their pvp 10 by farming and that everyone got their T3 armor by farming. Its funny tbh.
    and then your are arguing about a gap you never expoerienced from the bad side ( fighting without your gear against ppl like you with your gear to obtain it) and telling funcom it would be a kick in the nuts for pvp 10 vets.
    You missed my point totally!

First i really experienced the gap. when i swapped to my dt everyone and his mother had pvp 5 and i walked around in greens since i didnt do raids or pve. So you assuming i havent seen the other side is just bullocks based on misinformed assumptions.

My point wasnt that pvp 10 should be kicked in the nuts. My point was that funcom doesnt have a history of doing the right thing and in this case this would/should kick us in the nuts and remove gear based progression.

Im advocating to remove my advantage.

if you read again im all for removning all kind of gear progression in all kinds of pvp and just have cosmetic armor and ranks for progression.

Im not for maintaining any sort of gap between newbies and veterans but skill. I openly advocated to nerf DT (my main) to the ground since it was really over powered and im probably the one in the community that been the most adamant about nerfing my own class.

Please dont make assumptions regarding my perpective on things and what my agenda is, if you are uncertain just ask instead.
    Last edited by Thizon; 11th December 2013 at 13:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Thizon View Post
    Was hoping to return but this makes it impossible

And it doesnt matter if the lower it (which which would be a kick in the nuts for pvp 10 vets that actually are looking for gear based progression so they will add additional experienced based progression to cater the crowd they are used to cater)since there will be an even wider stat gap with T4. its the stat gap and AA that is the main issue. They increase the issue.

The only real change that would cater alts, newcomers and likes are giving away T2-3 when hitting 80. And this might not be enough since we can assume they will make t4 on par with pve T4.

Ohh you got me all wrong, i dont play anymore and havent played for over a year. I just log in the forums on a daily basis and look for some sort of addition that might get me back in the game. This isnt such a change, on the contrary its the opposite which was my point and if you think me giving feedback on the matter is whining its your problem, not mine, and please keep your problems to your self, im not your family or your spouse and wish to hear nothing about your issues.

And to stop any speculation on me wanting everything for free i am pvp 10 and was the third EU dt to hit pvp 10 and did it with a minumum of bori, just so i got heads, hands and belt to max crit chance. In short i have everything in place to have the T4 as fast as possible and i still think it is a game breaker.
    So when they upped the pvp levels from 1-5 to 6-10 basically anyone pvp 5 was about 90% into pvp 6. I find it hard to believe you went from that to 10 in less than 4 months with minis and world pvp alone. The first pvp 10 on US servers took about 30 days, and that guy spent 12+ hours in bori about 6 days a week.

The requirement for pvp 9 to 10 is well over 400k, I want to say 500 something, I can't remember. You definitely did bori, a whole lot of bori. Diminishing returns on kills as well, and in a group and raid, what's that per kill? 10-20 pvp exp...if that? There's no shame in doing bori especially going 8-10. But to say you didn't do any? lol.

I on the other hand, did go from pvp 6-10 with minis and world pvp and maybe less than 120k from bori over all(before tokens were dropped from kills, only reason I was there). It took me over 3 years, 45k+ kills, and 2.6k minis before I hit 10.

I have no problem with them reducing the exp and tokens/badges/level requirements for pvp gear, because the grind is ludicrously long and not worth it. T1 pvp gear should be free to all classes, T2 should require only pvp 5 for a full set, and T3 can be 6-10. I don't take any offense to them lowering the requirements and nor should anyone who cares about pvp, I don't enjoy killing people in blue gear who can't defend themselves.
    Last edited by Suctum; 11th December 2013 at 14:11.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    So when they upped the pvp levels from 1-5 to 6-10 basically anyone pvp 5 was about 90% into pvp 6. I find it hard to believe you went from that to 10 in less than 4 months with minis and world pvp alone.
    I didnt and never said i did.
    I said everyone and his mother had pvp 5 on fury when i swapped to my DT. I was pvp 5 when they introduced T3 and lowered the requirements. It took me about 7-9 months to get from close to 6 to 10.

I actually had the tokens to get the head before i actually dinged pvp 10.
    Well i had about the same amount of total kills as you (approx 20k from open world and 20k from minis) and more than double the amount of minigames. The amount of flags i capped is close to absurd tbh.

And the only content i played on my dt was minis, borderlands and sieges. Nothing else.
    Last edited by Thizon; 11th December 2013 at 14:15.

i was pvp 5 too when this change was patched. i have similar numbers like suctum and without a huge amount of bori it is impossible to become 10 within those few months you did it.

it is nearly pointless how many ppl you killed in open pvp because you only get xp for 5 kills of the sdame person and you killed a lot of ppl more then that a day. the very same goes for minis games. you just said the whole number of minis, but important is, how many did you after bori was patched. i did 7 to 10 and lots of 0-7 without any bori. the amount of pvp from just 9-10 is like from 0-7. i do know exactly what time it needs to do this and a few months isnt enough. even if you played 24/7 and would have get full xp from every kill it wouldnt be enough...

you can say what you want, math says, you are a liar sir. period.
    Last edited by Zatochi; 11th December 2013 at 14:35.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast