Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PVP Unchained Questions

Default PVP Unchained Questions

The PVP unchained changes are suppose to be in the works, if that is the case, I have a few questions that I would like to get answered.

1. Will gear matter at all?

2. Do I need to be subscribed to the game in order to participate?

3. Do I need to level a toon to 80? Or can I just create any toon and sign up to 80 mini's with the unlocks?

4. Will AA's be unlocked for the mini's?

5. Is there payment options for PVP Players to just BUY all AA/Gear and level 80 so we don't have to slave out countless hours to compete in a game that we give zero crap about in the PVE department?

6. Do you guys care about PVP?

7. Are you going to bring the skill back in to the game? Such as partial instant cast CC's and the use of the same combo's but different levels that will adds dynamic layers to the game and increases the fight tempo?

All of the stuff I have mentioned above in question formation is a hint to let you know, if you want PVP players to actually play your game and stick around, that is the type of stuff you need to add for free, unlock or give a payment option to opt out of grinding and just allow us to play the game without years of useless grinding.

I'm almost 100% sure that this unchained minis are another funcom's false promise that we will never see done and if I'm wrong is not going to come any time soon to care about it, the truth is that this game is left to die and funcom don't care about the game and even less to care on the pvp side, funcom is a mediocre company with no founds and the couple dollars they got left is to put it into the same pve garbage

Quote Originally Posted by -Khramps- View Post

6. Do you guys care about PVP?
    They don't, this is PvE game.
    We will be Serious after death.

Quote Originally Posted by Radek87 View Post
    They don't, this is PvE game.
    "pve" game with the best combat system ever created went to the hands of a pve lover game director pvp hater, craig Morrison, he destroyed this game with his fail class revamps, bori, fail cc revamp, combo skipping fix, put guards everywhere, the remove of premades, the fail and imbalanced pug mini game game que, he ended with all the fun of this game and ran away thousand of players, suscriptions and entire guilds

Quote Originally Posted by End-of-Clothies View Post
    "pve" game with the best combat system ever created went to the hands of a pve lover game director pvp hater, craig Morrison, he destroyed this game with his fail class revamps, bori, fail cc revamp, combo skipping fix, put guards everywhere, the remove of premades, the fail and imbalanced pug mini game game que, he ended with all the fun of this game and ran away thousand of players, suscriptions and entire guilds
    Yep, exactly this, and still funcom dont see it, wont admit it, wont do anything, i would like to see in public that atleast one of them would say "we ****ed up" but no...
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by -Khramps- View Post
    Are you going to bring the skill back in to the game? Such as partial instant cast CC's
    something to me in 'instant' and 'skill' put together just doesnt sound right

Quote Originally Posted by End-of-Clothies View Post
    Funcom is a company, they run their business and plan strategies according to what is more profitable for them.

It's very childish to whine about game director as a "pvp hater".

If PvP was truly profitable for them don't worry.. they would have developed pvp content even if they didn't like it.

Also this game is not dieing so much.
    For a 5+ years old game it is getting some quite regular update.
    Yes, it is ONLY PvE content, but it is clear that Funcom has some mid-long term strategies for this game
    It's of course mostly about consolidating (more than increasing) playerbase, but that is still positive.

Where they are probably failing is in understanding that in the very long term pvp content can be very profitable, and a good investment to keep players.

From my personal perspective, I see quite many players who started with mostly only PvE and in the long term moved to focus in great part to PvP.
    Pheraps this is not clear from their raw data analysis.

PvE is mostly about loot, and itemization cannot be enhanced forever.
    At the moment, veterans with T4 geared toons can't almost enhance any further from gear perspective, and for obvious reasons class and skill development in PvE is limited: you can't improve any further in developing your skills by repeating the same scripted sequence of actions forever.
    Of course PvE veterans enjoy new content; when there is no loot incentive you enjoy new pve content just to explore bew dungeons, learn new tactics etc.
    But without loot incentives such a content lasts much shorter.

From another perspective PvP in long term can keep attention of players for much longer time, since if you enjoy your class, skill development process is almost endless, and facing human players always introduce new challenges.

It's all about personal preference, but I'm sure there are many veteran players who in long term move focus to PvP, even if they started by just playing PvE.

What is true is that yes, Funcom should consider and invest properly on this.
    We have waited already enough for Unchained PvP minis and some new maps, yes now they should be there.

And yes, if they don't invest on it they will loose the playerbase who is actually interested to it, as in great part already happened.
    Last edited by Calore; 6th December 2013 at 10:21.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I'm not sure I agree with Calore. Someone who chooses pvp advancement as their main play style should not be rewarded with inferior progression compared to someone who chooses a pve progression but is rewarded with superior progression for content that has nothing to do with pvp.

If I show up to various memory cloud farms and instantly get a better weapon and/or accessories for free (with the only progression of me showing up for a raid for 2 hours) compared to someone who has grinded out not only to pvp 10, but had to have a set amount of tokens and badges to buy inferior weapons and accessories, does that make sense? Someone who actually is following the pvp line of progression is being punished with inferior gear for items gained by actually doing pvp content. (not that gear should be a factor, but with the game changes over time and power of t4 and t3 crafted it is)

Someone who just shows up for 2 hours a week is being rewarded with a chance to receive items instantly, and if not still gets more pve tokens in that time than someone who spends 8 hours pvping.

I get what your saying about preffered content and what the majority of the player base wants, but the progression and reward for following pvp and pve should be equal for each side. If it was reversed, that pvp gear was better than pve gear to pve with, then people would be complaining and blowing the forums up with "wtf is going on..." but since it's the opposite everyone but a slim minority is OK with it since it benefits them because pvp was not a focus for those players before the pve gear became worlds better than pvp armor. Now you have a gear based game rather than the skill based game that was released-and the population turnover means only a small minority remembers that fact so sure, they are not going to do anything about it to please 3% of the AoC population that knows different :/
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    something to me in 'instant' and 'skill' put together just doesnt sound right
    That's because you lack skill and understanding of what is required in true pvp. You're use to your corporate watered down mechanics which are accustomed to your play style. Slow, boring and gear based.「

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with Calore. Someone who chooses pvp advancement as their main play style should not be rewarded with inferior progression compared to someone who chooses a pve progression but is rewarded with superior progression for content that has nothing to do with pvp.
    Yeah and especially when they have pvp tag servers!! if funcom had only pve tag servers with small pvp content inside then at least we would have knew years ago the direction of the game (i think most knew anyway )
    But they still have pvp tag servers and even pushed out a so called hardcore pvp server! and even on this so called hardcore pvp server pve gear is the best gear for pvp WTF

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast