Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PvP: Shrines of Bori

The event is Thursday 12th of December. Not Sunday.

PvP is too often reduced to hammering other players face. Whilst you can fight your opponents strength you can also fight there intelect. Or even better both at the same time. That's what i've always prefered because it leaves much more room for the underdogs. And the longer the underdogs can fight, the longer fights last.

The main issue with Bori is the mats being destroyed in my opinion. It makes digging tedious since the mats you lose via PvP are completely lost and can't be looted again by kills or taken back under the aspect of destroyed glowing altars. Therefore prolonging the amount of digging required and failing to sustain PvP.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Me too but my gf will return from Ireland day before so I´m not sure if she let me play with something else than her body and frankly she is too awesome to prefer the game over her...
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

First of all i like your PvP Events, but the rule with having max. 36 PvP Level in One Team is abit Bad for People like me, cuz i'm playing PvP on a Daily Base and i wanna join with a char i'm used to play and not with chars i dont Play at all. ( got almost 3x PvP 10 toons and Two pvp9 Char)
    So maybe you can increase the amount of PvP- Levels abit.

Phobii aka. Alandrum
    |Phobica Hox PvP10|Phobii DT PvP10|Mendesa Ranger PvP10|Alandrum PoM PvP10|Bierschiss Sin PvP9|

Quote Originally Posted by Alandrum View Post
    So maybe you can increase the amount of PvP- Levels abit.

No , i'm sorry but u got to join with your shovel-wielding shamman

On topic , the rule itself got kinda stomped at the last event by most groups , if my arithmetics are correct ! It's 36 in aprox , but i think groups wont be disqualified or anything if they show up with 37 or 41 , grandmaster Vali will have the last word tho
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

My personal opinion is that it is hard to balance pvp events by the overall pvp- level, like now is maxed to 36. What has the pvp level actually to say about the player, almost nothing. PvP 10 cap is out so long that ***let us say not so good pvp players*** had enough time to become pvp 10 and will still cause unbalanced teams.

The restriction should start somewhere else: This is a pvp event, so everyone should come in complete pvp gear, no matter what. Pvp equip same as pvp weapons, no single piece of pve stuff
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Slightly frustrating to have to repeat stuff already written
    I'll quote myself:
    Groupes should have a maximum total of 66 PvP levels (ex : 6 PvP 6's = 36).
    36 is just an example to make sure people know what i'm talking about. So 66 being the level cap for a groupe of 8 to 10. And as i have always said in all the events i've done, it's a number to approach. If you're a bit above nevermind.
    The rules i set are dependant on the crowd that usually joins my events. These events are meant to be casual friendly. And having PvP 10 chars only teams to face is rather demoralizing for more casual teams. Fact is Tombstone is the guild that has been the most reliable participants do these events. 40 PvP level (like it is for groupes of 6) Is already almost thrice the number they can get. And regarding high PvP level that suck. Here again within the players that have been joining these events i can't think of many that would enter in this category if any. I don't want to try and balance these events as if it was pug minis.

As for no PvE gear, so far T4 has never been an issues since those joining never had tons of it. If this came to change, rules might aswell. If the crowd that usually comes to my events evolves, rules will too.

These events are more about brawling than they are about competition.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12