Default PvP: Shrines of Bori

« The earth is all before me. With a heart
    Joyous, nor scared at its own liberty,
    I look about ; and should the chosen guide
    Be nothing better than a wandering cloud,
    I cannot miss my way. I breath again ! »
    _ Wordsworth

Date : Thursday 12th of December.
    Time : Start at 21h30 CET (Berlin, Paris, Madrid,... time)
    Duration : First round will be of an hour. If people have fun and stay shorter ones might follow or free for all fight.
    Zone : Cimmerian End
    Groupes : Groupes of 8 to 10 – A vs B vs C …

Goal :
    Earn points by managing succesful sacrifices or by destroying or capturing the glowing altars of your ennemies in Cimmerian End.
    • 12 points if you manage a sacrifice.
    • 6 points if you destroy a glowing altar with pickaxe.
    • 2 points if you capture a shrine while it's glowing.
    • 1 point for making an altar glow.

Counting points will be an issue as i won't be able to see everything especially regarding glowing or not glowing altars. Players will have to help me with that. Honesty required. One player in each raid will be asked to forward me via tells the achievements of there groupe.
    Your team makes an altar glow > you send me a tell.
    Your team captures a glowing altar > you send me a tell.
    Your team destroyes a glowing altar > you send me a tell.

Only one player per team will have this duty with one back up player in case of a crash / afk. Since i will try to contrôle this via logs you'll only have a 5minut window after your achievement to send me a tell. If you don't do so, you're points won't be counted. Honesty requested.

Rules :
    • Do not destroy rare materials be they looted on nods or on a player carrying them.
    • Avoid fighting near the rezpads.
    • Avoid making it a swiming contest.
    • Do not Bring pre farmed mats.

Groupe Balancing :
    • No more than 3 tanks per team.
    • Groupes should have a maximum total of 66 PvP levels (ex : 6 PvP 6's = 36).

>>> Unless requested, still no restriction on T4 gear though not abusing it is appreciated

Rewards :
    The Usual 1.600 Funcom points !

Details :
    The main concern number of players expressed concerning this event was that it could eventually turn into a mining contest. But this won't happen.
    When the Siege of Brandoc event was about brute force, this one also includes something closer to Real Time Strategy game. There's not a single objective to capture and contrôl and there are sevral and knowing what the other groupes will be needed.

This might bring up the debate around playing objectives being PvE... i started a thread discussing that matter elsewhere. Please keep this post clean.

As any other event in open-world, uninvited guest may show up. Accept it, adapt and be ready.

Signed up "Factions" :

/!\ If after 20/30mins these ruleset proves to be a fail we will change to the Siege of Brandoc ruleset. /!\
    Last edited by Vehl; 6th December 2013 at 10:25.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Make it happen All , PvP madnes all the way

Thursday 8th of December is in 2016..

Vehl, just one question: why does your great pvp events I wanna participate so much always start soooooo late? Is that for the americans? Anyway, will try to be there this time too
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Another honesty requested rule
    -Remove all pre farmed bori mats before entering event?

excellent work as always Vehl

Indeed, it's the 12th of december. Dunno why i was thinking 8. Fixed it.

21:30 is the time that suits me best, Bendow, and before you no one asked me to set the events at an other time. But it is possible. Aswell as setting it on a diffrent day if another one suits more players.

Yep ViolentLeonidas, i don't farm so didn't think about it but it makes sense. Updated initial post.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

So I need harvesting skill for this event?

It would be an asset to have them. At least a few of them. I guess that at least 50% of each groupe should have harvesting skills otherwise this won't work.

So instead of jumping around in Khémi while waiting for minis go dig !
    Edit: Note that you don't have to dig anymore to up your harvesting skills. You can just buy the mats needed (20 of each + 1 of each rare) at the auction house and up them all in 5minuts.
    Last edited by Vehl; 6th December 2013 at 11:15.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I will try to come too
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    It would be an asset to have them. At least a few of them. I guess that at least 50% of each groupe should have harvesting skills otherwise this won't work.

So instead of jumping around in Khémi while waiting for minis go dig !
    Edit: Note that you don't have to dig anymore to up your harvesting skills. You can just buy the mats needed (20 of each + 1 of each rare) at the auction house and up them all in 5minuts.
    I will not be online till sunday afternoon...Will see if Im in, I always disliked harvestin and PvP fusion and this kinda reminds me all bad things about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast