Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade MMO

Default Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade MMO

Inb4 Bukit QQ's about this being in the wrong section.

Alpha footage:

http://youtu.be/ZuVeZ8n4CAQ?t=3m39s

Fatality at 3:39

Could be a decent PvP mmo when it's released. I always enjoyed Warhammer Online, and played until 2010.

WAAAAAAAGGGHHH!

QQ about this being in the wrong section

Apart from that: Could be cool, will most likely be epic fail.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

as much as I luv WH40k I am very doubtful that it is a good MMO material. It worked great for RTS.
    Retired

They tried this already with Dark Millennium, which never came into being. Space Marine was ok (I have a bunch of complaints about things that do not make sense since I am a 40k player), but to actually port a RTS table top game into a MMO is not ever going to work.

Unless it's a niche game targeted at Games Workshop fans and people that enjoy large scale first/3rd person shooter combat, it's just going to play exactly like Space Marine pvp did, which was nothing special.
    Doomsayer 2008

Reading through a few things on the site, it looks like it will be mostly a PvP style game. looks like it will also be a standard Premium/F2P business model.

"If you don’t want to buy the box, you can still try the game as a free-to-play version of an Ork character."

So, most of the F2P folks are gonna forced to be in da WAAGH! Nothing like a good horde o' boyz ta go smashin' stuff up!

Ork > all.
    Last edited by Picklejuice1; 2nd December 2013 at 05:01.

I don't think they'll have enough players for an MMO. But thier singleplayer fps and rts games are great!

I salute the 10 people who will stick with it.

As much as I may love 40k, they left out my Craftworld(Alaitoc) and that means that I can't possibly get my second favourite craftworlds(Mymeara, Lugganath). That in itself makes me a sad panda. Then there is the question of it being full PvP and I simply can't stomach full PvP. They could've done sth interesting with 40k IP, but they, quite expectedly if I may add, stuck to the mass PvP. They could've done sth like Rogue Trader, Inquisitor, Necromunda, ... MEH

I'll prolly try it seeing how it'll basically be B2P and fool around, but I don't expect much more than a month or two from this. Such a shame that some can't learn from WAR. The lesson that you can't translate the TT to an MMO. It. Simply. Doesn't. Work. Like. That.

Eh, now I am waiting for Total Warhammer from the Creative Assembly. Let's see how that one will fare...

Quote Originally Posted by Nehkur View Post
    Eh, now I am waiting for Total Warhammer from the Creative Assembly. Let's see how that one will fare...
    After the f**k up that was Rome 2? No thanks. Wouldn't trust them to do it correctly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast