Thread: 10Gig Download WTF!?!

Default 10Gig Download WTF!?!

Please someone tell me how to fix this BS bug that continues to try and make me download 10G of **** that is not needed. Funcom will not fix this sad **** and my patients has reach a whole new level of **** THIS ****... Mad bro? totally

You don't have an AoC backup, you can copy over, and patch? Otherwise, yeah, the patcher does some wacky stuff on occasion - especially if you run that database checker thing. I ran it on a fully patched game once, no problems, and it still deleted like 10-20 gig and wanted to re-download a whole bunch of stuff. It's useless. I always skip the patcher now, unless theirs an update.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

I think you can do a backup copy of the Rdb folder, then delete the aoc folder, install the game again. but close down the installer and copy the rdb folder back in. then start the installer again. that should give you a new aoc installation without having to redownload everything.

Ps. I haven't tried it myself, but this is what i have been told should work.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by PunkJiuJitsu View Post
    Please someone tell me how to fix this BS bug that continues to try and make me download 10G of **** that is not needed. Funcom will not fix this sad **** and my patients has reach a whole new level of **** THIS ****... Mad bro? totally
    This is too good to pass up ~ RAaaaaaGE ! !

It's not the game ~ it's you ;someone (You) did something recently to change things and now blames FUNCOM ~ typical Punk post.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by PunkJiuJitsu View Post
    Just out of idle curiosity: Does this happen EVERY time you open the launcher, or just now and then? And if it only happens occationally, what happens when you close the launcher and reopen it?
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    This is too good to pass up ~ RAaaaaaGE ! !

It's not the game ~ it's you ;someone (You) did something recently to change things and now blames FUNCOM ~ typical Punk post.
    It just happened to me. I tryed launching the game. And I had a blue screen of death. First time I had one in a long time.

I restarted, tryed to start game. It closed immediately so I had to do the file check. And 15 gigas to download
    I have no backup ofc and a low connection. 25 hours without AoC
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    It just happened to me. I tryed launching the game. And I had a blue screen of death. First time I had one in a long time.

I restarted, tryed to start game. It closed immediately so I had to do the file check. And 15 gigas to download
    I have no backup ofc and a low connection. 25 hours without AoC
    Quit the download, close the patcher and the reopen it. You might not have to redownload the thing that way. If you do: sucks.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

I tryed to, but I don't know why, it still needed to redownload those files :/
    24 hours without AoC
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

I've noticed on some machines, running AOC as administrator changes how much is downloaded. It's a strange occurrence.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly