Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: AOC PvP - changes are coming!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    What are you talking about? Everyone has a right to bring something to the forums but think about what you write before you type.

Yes Tortage pvp was good fun for some people as they leveled up and some liked to duel there. But many people used to it grief trial members. +9000 kills in tortage farming trialies was not uncommon.

AOC needed a working consequence system to prevent the griefing to aid in the retention of players, to keep the grief in check. Funcom had the choice to close tortage pvp down or fix the consequence system. They chose to close down the pvp - go figure.

Then the griefers just moved to Wild land of zelata, conals valley, eiglophian mountains etc etc. With no consequence system to keep the d1cks in check the problem persisted. Look at OW pvp on Fury now, it's sad, everyone left.
    In a nutshell, funcom killed both sides in game pve and pvp, ppl only farm palace / monastery for fast gear, they should have fixed that also long time ago.. its sad, buut... ye its sad, got nothing to say anymore
    The Law

There is a game in development I'm following, you may have heard of it, it's called Star Citizen.

The way Griefing is handled in that game is summed up neatly in this article Click You can skip the the Q&A at the bottom and read "how will you counter griefing" if you dont wanna read the entire article. It's an interesting article but not exactly a system compatible with AOC. However! It is a good example of a game system to control griefing, improve immersion and give the game some structure. It's an example of the sort of system AOC should have.

What we have now is NO consequence system and NO OW pvp systems whatsoever. The ONLY form of OW pvp is player driven. Dueling/Ganking/Griefing/kd padding. You know that after 5 years that this is really fvcking sad...
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 1st December 2013 at 21:24.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    There is a game in development I'm following, you may have heard of it, it's called Star Citizen.

The way Griefing is handled in that game is summed up neatly in this article Click It's an interesting article but not exactly a system compatible with AOC. However! It is a good example of a game system to control griefing, improve immersion and give the game some structure. It's an example of the sort of system AOC should have.

What we have now is NO consequence system and NO OW pvp systems whatsoever. The ONLY form of OW pvp is player driven. Dueling/Ganking/Griefing/kd padding. You know that after 5 years that this is really fvcking sad...

i think i heard from this someone from my friend list, and i forgot to check it, but thx from link now
    The Law

They should start small... with balancing pvp and pve gear

None of this changing whole game mechanics stuff. They don't have the team nor the innate knowledge to do a huge pvp revamp so let's let them take it piece by piece.. assuming they do so in a timely manner
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

All they have to do is make T1 pvp gear accessible to all, lower the requirements for T2 pvp gear, and make the grind be only for T3 pvp gear.

They could also make it so no pve weapons, armor, or accessories would work in mini games, so for all those t4 casters that are pvp 1-3 they would be forced to use t1 pvp weapons and armor since it would be free, and then have to actually pvp to get the T2 and then the T3 armor, weapons, and accessories.

Of course, 80% of the current game population wants to pve for pvp gear and demand gear progression to compete rather than actually having to pvp, so it will never change. The sad thing is for the majority of classes, T4 armor is the pvp armor, which just shows it's what the population wants and what developers have given them.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    The sad thing is for the majority of classes, T4 armor is the pvp armor, which just shows it's what the population wants and what developers have given them.
    I think that was an unintended side effect of them investing in the PvE progression train while not 'doing something similar' on the PvP side of things.

Back when PvP T3 came out, it legitimately was the best PvP gear you could get (and generally more suitable for PvP than PvE T3, as should be expected).

But then they invented T4, with higher stats and so on ... and left the PvP side alone altogether.

Now, I know none of you want another level of PvP gear (PvP T4) ... as this just increases the power gap between the haves and the have-nots.

On the other hand, you cannot expect Funcom to keep increasing the stats on the PvP T3 items in order to keep them 'in check' with the corresponding tier of PvE. Otherwise it's just another thing that they need to keep doing (when they release PvE T5, what then?)

So the only way out of this equation is to:

- Make PvE gear non-usable in PvP (i.e. make PvP not benefit from anything that the player is wearing ... either via specific itemization, or flat out make it not work, so it would require players to have PvP gear which applies to PvP only)
    - Make gear not matter in PvP at all ... which is something like the unchained methodology? But then they would need to come up with other better systems for PvP progression (ladders, K/D, other metrics) ... depending on whether the PvP community wants 'progression' to matter at all or not.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

THEY just CANT increase stats anymore, for christ sake my pvp 5 guard has 60% protection,. + cunning deflection + sta + bubble + heal, im literally raid boss, but i can still switch to dps mode and two shot clothie, its not right
    The Law

Its funny how every single PVP related thread even in this case abit positive ends up in flames of negativity. Funcom killed this and that, game over QQ, they should do XYZ. )=#(¤%
    HoX - Emboror -

Respect for your efforts, Slith - but: nothing's going to happen.

They put some serious manpower in the PvE "Worldboss" project; whats about the new promised minigame- map? Is it that hard to design / create? It's a pve game with some pvp intimations. Face it!
    "Vɪᴄᴛᴏʀʏ ɪs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀʏ ɪᴛ's ᴘʀɪᴄᴇ." - Sᴜɴ Tᴢᴜ

Rᴀɴɢᴇʀ ʙʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜ: Mᴇᴍsʜᴜʀ ʜᴀs ᴘʟᴀʏᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ 325 ᴅᴀʏs 14 ʜᴏᴜʀs 38 ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs 30 sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅs.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfRez View Post
    Its funny how every single PVP related thread even in this case abit positive ends up in flames of negativity. Funcom killed this and that, game over QQ, they should do XYZ. )=#(¤%
    It would not even be funny, if the "funcom killed this..., they should do ..." was untrue.

It is definitely not "game over" though, but they did mess up a lot of things pvpwise (you can not be serious to deny that) and there are a lot of things they could and should do (the minimum compromise can do a lot already...and seriously, pvp is definitely NOT as costly to develop as pve). The suggestions are out there here and on TL.

Can't hurt to remind, that we need
    - a division between pvp, crafting and pve progression (might be adressed with the crafting revamp a bit. This can be a systemchange like reducing pve effects in pvp or simple easier to access options through pvp as alternative)
    - better latency (unlikely to get better, unless they expand back to other continents again, but if the money flows back in and they open up more offices again...why not add an AoC server there, too?)
    - different mini games (no deathmatch, no arena, no customizeable rules, no choice with whom you play atm)
    - fixed bugs and balancing (freezes between animations, exploiting, grouping bug, signup bug. there are dozens of easy to fix bugs out there, if they have a patch history and backup of the old forums)
    - an open world concept (no concept is a concept too, i know, but it is obviously not working to keep or bring in players. this can range from simple formula changes, criminal system, renown system to full flegded flexible factions)
    - more in the shop for f2p pvpers to spent money on without giving them an unfair advantage
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 2nd December 2013 at 10:31.