Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: World Raid Boss PvE System & Legendary Items

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I would appreciate the work too if the bosses would:

1. require gathering a PUG with 24 members or more;
    2. require 2-9 hours to kill (depending on a group);
    3. require a lot of coordination and skill.

But this is not so good compared to making a new tier (T2.5?) raid with its own trash and bosses.
    On PVE servers ok, but on PVP why complicate? Keep it simple... We finish this and go pvp...

Imagine if you try kill boss during 2-9 hours, and at last % some ganker kill you, and you don't get your quest/loot.

Also, people whine and cry what 99% of PvPers already leave AoC. Why Funcom must spend their time and money for last 1% of PvPers?

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Also, besides PVP, the raid progression is too fast already. World bosses are one of the ways to spoil it further. And one can only hope that it will not be a powerleveller's delight.
    I fail to understand one thing, i get it that you love slow or better said super duper uber slow progression and lvling. But why do you think that 99.9% other players like it to and what is it to you if they lvl to 80 fast? I mean really what is your problem with that?

This game really just start at lvl 80 and i dont see why would people enjoy lvling their toon to 80 for 6 months like you do.

Im pvper but my guild is small and consist of mostly casual pver and rper, i respect their point of view they respect mine and we are all happy.
    If someone can lvl to 80 in 1 hour and i need 2 or 3 weeks or more it wouldnt bother me one bit.
    Remember that not everyone in this game share your views, in fact dont think there are more than couple that do if even that

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    I will refrain from commenting on this, if people want to read the test live discussion within its actual context I do invite them to do so however.

Yes this is PvE content as it clearly states on the Testlive forum and this thread. If PvP springs up around it and can be made a larger incentive in some way as part of this then all the better and I welcome any suggestions in this regard, constructive feedback is always welcomed. However this is considered to be a PvE system as is not being 'sold' in as anything other than that.
    have u any answers why only pve? who is telling u guys only to do pve? whats the point? cant funcom see that they lost 99% from money they would have got in aoc if they would have main focus on PVP and made also pve content, but no, funcom decided to do 99,99% pve and 0,0,001% pvp which is why game is in this state as it is, it just dont fit in my head, that why? why in the earth can company be so dumb.. funcom should rename to DumbCom
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    I fail to understand one thing, i get it that you love slow or better said super duper uber slow progression and lvling. But why do you think that 99.9% other players like it to and what is it to you if they lvl to 80 fast? I mean really what is your problem with that?

This game really just start at lvl 80 and i dont see why would people enjoy lvling their toon to 80 for 6 months like you do.

Im pvper but my guild is small and consist of mostly casual pver and rper, i respect their point of view they respect mine and we are all happy.
    If someone can lvl to 80 in 1 hour and i need 2 or 3 weeks or more it wouldnt bother me one bit.
    Remember that not everyone in this game share your views, in fact dont think there are more than couple that do if even that
    Sure, that is no problem as long as it keeps at player preferences. But when the devs start believing such lies as "game starts at 80" (make it "the grind starts at 80" and i agree though) or worse, the marketing people, you get a big mess (pressure to develop, population pyramid, empty playfields, powerlevelling, goldsellers, less money).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 29th November 2013 at 18:19.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    Imagine if you try kill boss during 2-9 hours, and at last % some ganker kill you, and you don't get your quest/loot.

Also, people whine and cry what 99% of PvPers already leave AoC. Why Funcom must spend their time and money for last 1% of PvPers?
    To bring back the subs for the 99%, or a portion, and pull Funcom out of debt so everyone benefits instead of the vocal 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Rogues:

I liked the idea of ​​legendary items,

but I think horrible stats.

I'm currently using this:

Cloak:

Amras Pride (T3)

160 - Armor
    50 - Constitution
    255 - Protection
    55 - Hit Rating
    66 - Critical Dmg Rating

In my opinion, legendary items have to be the best!
    Amras Pride and will continue to be the best choice, unfortunately.

example:

Fallen Leviathan's Mantle of the Living Legend
    25 - Constitution
    538 - Combat Rating
    45 - Hit Rating
    74 - Cirical Dmg Rating
    126 - Protection

if changed to:

200 Armor
    60 Constitution
    300 Combat Rating
    70 Hit Rating
    70 Critical Dmg Rating
    300 Protection

and I would do a lot to get it, but unfortunately nowadays, if you do not change, I will continue with my cloak t3.

This is the perfect opportunity to fix the problem with 50+ name tags on the screen at the same time. When players have name tags or guild tags and pet tags enabled, and the majority are in the field of vision during a fight, you will find that FPS will drop to 1 frame per second or less, even with 32GB RAM, 3.4GHz quad core CPU, and GTX 580 or faster.

Simply turning off name tags will bring your FPS back to normal, so there is clearly a problem with the game engine when they are so many name tags on the screen at the same time.

I hope Funcom will quickly roll out some optimizations to improve this in time for these events.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

I hope Funcom is not using Palace of Cetriss resources for this year long world boss stuff.

I also hope you look into changing the looks of some of the cloaks, there are a few that look just horrible (thank you vanity tab!)

There are always gonna be people that don't like the visuals on something new. Saying 'I don't like them' is honestly not very useful because it's a matter of taste. And why would you argue over taste?
    When you say 'This cape clips with those legs' or 'this cape has much lower texture then this cape' then that is something they can work on ofc.

I like some of them a lot and think it is great that they don't just put new stats on old skins.
    Especially the BS one is very 'bearshammy' imo. Others look very strange in my eyes but I will take the one with the best stats for my class.

That's what we have vanity tabs for after all right? If we didn't Funcom should never make very distinct visuals. We would not have the option to customize the gear to our own individual preferences, and all gear would have to be attractive to everyone. Anything with more imagination then Amra's Pride couldn't exist.

TL;DR -> I'm sure that for every cape there are plenty of people that like them, allow those people to wear what they like. For everyone else there is vanity.
    A good unique item should be absolutely adored by some and *omg-my-eyes!* hated by others imo otherwise it would be tasteless.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast