Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: World Raid Boss PvE System & Legendary Items

Also, besides PVP, the raid progression is too fast already. World bosses are one of the ways to spoil it further. And one can only hope that it will not be a powerleveller's delight.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I really appreciate the work on something like this, though there are some points you should consider (or have learned from the 5year celebration):

- zone overloading
    - particle overloading
    - loot/content balancing (for example, since you seem to decide to give t1/t2 loot away easy then, why not let weapons be bought with tokens? Or add rare tokens to epic standard loot lists and with a good chance to final bosses in old world)
    - also the loot distribution and tagging must be solved and working. If a raid is needed to kill things, it would not be fair to let a lvl20 necro loot a t2 DT chest (a bit overstated to illustrate the point)
    - with the big number of players that will be locked out from this (per definition of the week and prerequisites of hardware, latency and available online players), can you share the plans of new content for that crowd?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 29th November 2013 at 15:32.

I would appreciate the work too if the bosses would:

1. require gathering a PUG with 24 members or more;
    2. require 2-9 hours to kill (depending on a group);
    3. require a lot of coordination and skill.

But this is not so good compared to making a new tier (T2.5?) raid with its own trash and bosses.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 29th November 2013 at 15:40.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Also, besides PVP, the raid progression is too fast already. World bosses are one of the ways to spoil it further. And one can only hope that it will not be a powerleveller's delight.
    too fast? we have one week lockout for raids. i would not consider that as fast progression.

Come on, 2-9h to kill? Which player has time for that?
    If they would be collossal and influence things in the zone and everyone participating (not only there at the kill) would get something from it...then maybe (allowing for a LOT of players to participate, bashing a bit and then still getting something even when real life calls. Taking a break and coming back after some hours to be there when it is finally killed can work as well). Otherwise i'd prefer "standard" fun bosses.

Coordination and skill you can forget as long as you have one server for the whole wide world. So that would not be fair and locking out even more people.

And raidwise, it could be interesting if you actually needed either time or more than one raid to kill, but this will generate trouble (see the 2-9h comment).

I am curious how they will solve the stability/participation/killtime/loot problem. Back at the halloween event that content (on crom) was mostly waiting, crashing, loading, waiting for me.

Kurt, I would not mind those bosses if the tier (power) loot and XP gain are taken out and only vanity, pets, or Funcom points stashes (in the worst case) remain.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Kurt, I would not mind those bosses if the tier (power) loot and XP gain are taken out and only vanity, pets, or Funcom points stashes (in the worst case) remain.
    wow okay, you are one of a kind player. what you suggested here sounds just crazy. :O

They can do a lot with loot list balancing here.

I like the option for ALL people to get similar gear to t1/t2 gear after 5 years of playing and paying, but i would prefer it not to be exactly the same like at halloween or in the raids and to keep it rather rare there and more luckbased than farm/grindbased. Depends a lot on how they want to distribute the loot there though.

Also, will there be rare tokens, MoAs, raid tokens etc. be included in the loot lists, too?

I would appreciate the work too if the bosses would:

1. require gathering a PUG with 24 members or more;
    2. require 2-9 hours to kill (depending on a group);
    3. require a lot of coordination and skill.

But this is not so good compared to making a new tier (T2.5?) raid with its own trash and bosses.
    2-9 hours, seriously? Let's take an extreme 9 hours, that's 3 full T4 clears * 12 is 36 T4 clears, I'm pretty sure I'll have my cloak in that case, and I'm full T4 too.

And raid progression too fast, from a pvp point of view, yes might be. But considering this is something available to everyone, even the pvp'ers, with minimal time needed to get a good cloak, everyone will benefit from it, even pvpers.

Now don't tell me "it's pve so pvpers won't do it", then I'm gonna say, their problem, if they don't want to take 1 minute each month to get a cloak, then they shouldn't spend hours whining on the forums about pve loot being too OP every single day.

I fail to see how having a boss active for a week and needing 12 is a good thing.

This is something that almost works in TSW, but this ain't TSW. I lost all interest in all events in TSW as I missed out a Lore box for one and End of Days did not update on boss kill, leaving me with 2 things unfinished without a hope of finishing them. I prefer seeing 0 than 5/6 complete.

But whatever, more stuff is good.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast