Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: World Raid Boss PvE System & Legendary Items

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Yeah come annoy me while I pew pew the bosses. (But not with sin, promise ?)
    Okay, I come with sin, deal man,

The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    It might be anti-pvp in the long run
    I think it will deal a massive blow to the pop on PvP servers
    Many players will transfer to Crom to get their legendary capes if they are unable to get the quest updated on Rage and Fury
    so even the rest of fury/rage are cowards and [Edited, Drest], who gives a crap from some cloack? id rather have fun killing players than getting some ..cloack?
    Last edited by Drest; 30th November 2013 at 11:42.
    The Law

I believe the current power level of the cloaks is not worthy enough to be classified "legendary". They are less powerful or equal footing with existing items in the game, as people have already mentioned, so they should be "purples" instead of "legendaries" if you are not going to improve the stats.

However, it would be nice to fulfil that 5.5 year old promise of having legendary items in the game, so my suggestion is to make these items "special", all the non-DPS cloaks should have 15% bonus incoming healing on them, and the DPS cloaks should have 5% bonus armour.

An alternative system, which would likely be too hard given Funcoms state (read: too many resources for Funcom to devote) and would allow people in the game to get an upgrade for whatever their current progression in the game is, is allow handing in any existing cloak that you own to a merchant who will "enchant" it with 3% bonus increase in all stats. This means people stuck in T2 progression can upgrade their T2 cloaks, and veterans clearing T4 progression can upgrade their T4 cloaks.

It will allow veterans to have something worthwhile, without giving T1-T2 players something T4 level.
    Last edited by Scaevacas; 30th November 2013 at 12:17.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

If you're going to make them super powerful then please have the decency of making the stats work in pve only. The power escalation in this game is bad enough as it is.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    If you're going to make them super powerful then please have the decency of making the stats work in pve only. The power escalation in this game is bad enough as it is.
    These things will not be hiding at the end of a super time intensive and difficult raid instance. So what is exactly preventing you for joining the hunt yourself apart from the fact taht you only like pvp and will never do anything else? Most people like pve and pvp and it is for those people that MMo are nowadays made. If you only like pvp and nothing else I suggest to keep a close look at Camelot unchained, seems like this will be a pretty solid pvp title...

Quote Originally Posted by Azanath1979 View Post
    These things will not be hiding at the end of a super time intensive and difficult raid instance. So what is exactly preventing you for joining the hunt yourself apart from the fact taht you only like pvp and will never do anything else? Most people like pve and pvp and it is for those people that MMo are nowadays made. If you only like pvp and nothing else I suggest to keep a close look at Camelot unchained, seems like this will be a pretty solid pvp title...
    I suggest you get a clue. The same stats will affect different classes differently due to how damage is calculated. Inflating the stat numbers yet again ruins class balance.

Can I suggest if you only care about pve to go play skyrim? Come on now, stop being ignorant- pvp is just as much part of this game as pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    It might be anti-pvp in the long run
    I think it will deal a massive blow to the pop on PvP servers
    Many players will transfer to Crom to get their legendary capes if they are unable to get the quest updated on Rage and Fury
    You don't understand. If you want raids and free loots you go to Crom. It's easier, players are into that and raid 24/7 barely doing anything else.
    Regarding this event, on a PvE server it's as dull as the FoTD Halloween quest. Main difficulty being waiting for mobs to respawn. On a PvP server that quest was awesome since it updated on kills aswell.
    With the world-boss you'll basicly have the more numerous groupe of the time being able to control the boss. If it's T1 boss tactics it's pretty simple (dull on PvE server). But on a PvP server the tactic is protecting the raid force from players wanting to do the same thing as you. BUT ! 1 guild/alliance won't be able to hand hold the boss 24/7 for a week so everyone will have a taste of it.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Also, besides PVP, the raid progression is too fast already. World bosses are one of the ways to spoil it further. And one can only hope that it will not be a powerleveller's delight.
    Hu? raid progression is definately not too fast in this game.

It took us about 7-8 months to get Tier 4 on farm and that is because our toons are already maxed out on AAs and were more or less either full Kithai and/or Tier 3 gear. We still haven`t all in fulll Tier 4 regalia yet (I´m the only one in our raidforce atm who is full Tier 4, minus the accessories, since they are not that good for a hox).

There are some questionable decisions Funcom has made over the years, including getting rid of the need for stamina pots (unless a boss mob is draining it). giving the key to Saddur - However, too fast raid progression is not the issue. People have asked for a return of those world bosses and Funcom is listening. They will be something fun do when Tier 3/Tier 3,5 and Tier 4 are on cd.

Also the times of 9 hour boss fights are over since Everquest 1, afaik the only game that tried it afterwards was FF11 maybe that is a better game for you Alex?

I´m happy we have left mechanisms like xp penalties after deaths and stupid raids were 100+ people nuked a boss for many hours behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    I suggest you get a clue. The same stats will affect different classes differently due to how damage is calculated. Inflating the stat numbers yet again ruins class balance.

Can I suggest if you only care about pve to go play skyrim? Come on now, stop being ignorant- pvp is just as much part of this game as pve.
    Yeah that is exactly what I said. This game offers both and nothings is preventing your from experiencing both and for the record I don`t want you to leave the game if you still enjoy it. I was just thinking if I were only interested in just pvp than I should definately look forward to Camelot Unchained that is all. I also agree that DTs and Conqus do way too much damage at that moment for a soldier class, but balance should never be based on 1 vs 1 but team play

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    With the world-boss you'll basicly have the more numerous groupe of the time being able to control the boss. If it's T1 boss tactics it's pretty simple (dull on PvE server). But on a PvP server the tactic is protecting the raid force from players wanting to do the same thing as you. BUT ! 1 guild/alliance won't be able to hand hold the boss 24/7 for a week so everyone will have a taste of it.
    Fury right now don't have any guild/alliance who can hold the boss 24/7 for a week. Proved by may 2013 event. Also Fury have guilds with all PVE content on farm. You don't need to run anywhere if you want focus on PVE on Fury.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast