Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: World Raid Boss PvE System & Legendary Items

Default World Raid Boss PvE System & Legendary Items

Interesting. From Test Live:

There will be 12 bosses in total, some you might have encountered before during the anniversary event some totally new (and yes we have removed the Kraken from Khemi). Each boss will be set to spawn during a 1 week period each month (a different boss each month) and will have spawn locations distributed over either 1 or 2 outdoor adventure playfields.
    We have the ability to determine on the fly the cycles these bosses will spawn in, but currently we are looking at each boss starting to spawn on the first Wednesday of every month with the boss spawning up until the end of the following Tuesday.
    Each boss will drop item caches (similar to the anniversary bosses) so expect social items, vanity gear, potions, pets and lower tier raid items. There are also epic versions of these item caches which can also drop (actually guaranteed to drop if a certain number of players are present) and provide better rewards (T3 tokens and some new alternate T3 budget weapons, accessories and some very rare pets to be specific).
    And talking of the legendary gear; here's what we have at the moment. These will be presented on an archetype basis as a quest reward (so a choice of 4).
    As always no stats are final at this point in production.
    Link
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Cool, I think they have right direction with them and don't make any mistake with bosses

Funcom

Yep I was waiting for the next Game Director's letter before posting information on the Live forums, but feel free to jump into the discussion on Test Live until that time.

MORE PVEEEEEEEE

Awesome just want the people have been asking for!

Jokes aside it does look really good and it's a very good idea. Now lets balance those pvp weapons eh?
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

This will be fun on Fury but less so on Crom, I think.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Quote Originally Posted by Icoyce View Post
    This will be fun on Fury but less so on Crom, I think.
    Oh we had lots of fun on crom last time we had world bosses
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Glad to hear it!

LunaticAsylum is going to hate this, though
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Yeah it is a quest for killing all bosses so that does mean its going to be a year.

The Legendary cloaks will be a quest reward so it will be your choice of the 4 (and its always repeatable for more ... )

So after 1 year my BS will be rewarded with that cloak LOL!!!
    is it april fools day or what

That cloak has 14 strength 82 combat rating 12 critical damage more that the Scarlet Circle faction cloak WOW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    (and its always repeatable for more ... )
    so so if i can kill the bosses again next year i can pick another priest cloak! and and if i do it for 4 years i can have all 4!!! can hardly control my excitement!!!! will there be a 4 year sub option

PS. how is the balancing of pve vs pvp gear while being used in pvp coming along?
    Last edited by ViolentLeonidas; 28th November 2013 at 23:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    MORE PVEEEEEEEE

Awesome just want the people have been asking for!

Jokes aside it does look really good and it's a very good idea. Now lets balance those pvp weapons eh?
    no no silly this will be passed off as pvp content (for the next 3 years) where ONCE A MONTH guilds will gank each other for 30mins till some group of baddies brings that boss down

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    no no silly this will be passed off as pvp content (for the next 3 years) where ONCE A MONTH guilds will gank each other for 30mins till some group of baddies brings that boss down
    its not once per month...its a couple times per day per playfield for 7days each month (still no pvp content though^^)

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast