Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soldier stance change cool-down

Default Soldier stance change cool-down

How many of you think that it is fair that you can be kb by a guard/conq take a lot of damage, and then by the time you get back up he can change back into defensive, without giving you a chance to do much damage back at him?

Also, (mostly for conq). After a charge kb, by the time I get up & snared, I am down about 50% of my life or more; so he can just stay defensive because I can't do enough dps to him by comparison before I die. If my barb had a charge kb, and the conq got up, this would so not be the case (Is this very balanced? If so, why, in dual based scenario. Can be based on barb, sin, hox)
    Last edited by throughthedoor; 25th November 2013 at 05:17.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Lets make it 30 sec cd to change stance but lets give soldiers AM
    It would be only fair if we are stuck in frenzy with everyone beating us to be able to flee
    One question if i may, do you ever play barb as zerker or hybrid build? Or is that useless for everything except killing some noobs reaver build all you do

Soldiers do have too easy to switch stances, thats what makes them so over powered, use cc go into sin mode, do burst, enemy get out of cc and then u turn ur self to raid boss again, simply stupid, and the fact that dt dont even need to go frenzy to do ridicilous dmg
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Soldiers do have too easy to switch stances, thats what makes them so over powered, use cc go into sin mode, do burst, enemy get out of cc and then u turn ur self to raid boss again, simply stupid, and the fact that dt dont even need to go frenzy to do ridicilous dmg
    Soldiers are OP for many reasons and not just stance dance cd. And i would rather see other changes than cd of stance switching.
    And yes it is retarded that dt dont even need to leave def stance to deal great dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Soldiers are OP for many reasons and not just stance dance cd. And i would rather see other changes than cd of stance switching.
    And yes it is retarded that dt dont even need to leave def stance to deal great dmg.
    I don't even know why they made the conq revamp.. was fine where it was, conq is ot not mt, why do pve players wanted it to be "best tank"
    now the result is that conq is debuffing insanely fast which makes it hilariously op with the bubbles QQ
    The Law

I don't even know why they made the conq revamp.. was fine where it was, conq is ot not mt, why do pve players wanted it to be "best tank"
    now the result is that conq is debuffing insanely fast which makes it hilariously op with the bubbles QQ
    Conq debuffed just as fast with as many bubbles before the revamp, fyi.

What revamp mostly did was making weapon damage stacks into permanent buffs, resulting in conq being able to burst from the start of a fight instead of having to wait for having stacked up stuff. If I were looking for revamp stuff to undo, I'd start there.

About the op, according to what you say it wouldn't fix anything in the case of the DT so is it really the thing to do ? Also, as pointed out, with a long cd on stance change, a soldier in frenzy is just like a barb but without the speed buffs and without the cc-resists/purges... you might as well remove the stances altogether

Like viroku, I would rather see other changes than cd of stance switching. At this point I sound like a broken record but nerfing the mobility of soldiers, who was buffed with energy revamp and anti-cc perks, while lack of mobility is supposed to be the soldier's weak point, is IMO a better way to go.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Dt have no magic damage penalty in defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    Conq debuffed just as fast with as many bubbles before the revamp, fyi.

What revamp mostly did was making weapon damage stacks into permanent buffs, resulting in conq being able to burst from the start of a fight instead of having to wait for having stacked up stuff. If I were looking for revamp stuff to undo, I'd start there.

About the op, according to what you say it wouldn't fix anything in the case of the DT so is it really the thing to do ? Also, as pointed out, with a long cd on stance change, a soldier in frenzy is just like a barb but without the speed buffs and without the cc-resists/purges... you might as well remove the stances altogether

Like viroku, I would rather see other changes than cd of stance switching. At this point I sound like a broken record but nerfing the mobility of soldiers, who was buffed with energy revamp and anti-cc perks, while lack of mobility is supposed to be the soldier's weak point, is IMO a better way to go.
    So instead of the 16s sprint norm, what would you have?
    You make the old conq sound like what barb is now; needing stack buildup to do superb damage
    Last edited by throughthedoor; 25th November 2013 at 09:45.

thing is,, conq heal himself like healer, 1,1k burst heal + 142 per 1,1 sec for 30 secend with 15 sec cd, with retalation sins / demos/ dt's cant even hit u without putting them down to 60-80% in few secends, so u say they need to kite u 8 secends every 20 secend? was that the cd in it, well its fair..NOT.

and lets not talk about that insane aoe instant KB, and then the bubbles. why is conq allowed to have them as soldier? i dont mind guard using bubble since its once in 5m. but conq bubble up every other min, and maybe even twice in the same minute, thats insanly ****ed up man,

throat slash + crushing onslaught.. so its interrupt+snare+silence and -35% dmg. was that the debuff? seems pretty op for me
    The Law

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast