Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't forget the solo play

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    A rare relic should be worth 20 MoAs

Dragon Tear for 2000 MoAs
    T4 relic for 100 MoAs

Stop ruining otherwise perfectly fine thread with your nonsense.
    20 MoA is like 2 10 min solo quest. And you should never be able to obtain top tier raid gear with MoA, especially since you can buy MoA with veteran point packed by hundred for cheap.

And I say that being a player which does not have any single piece of T4 gear on any of his toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gevlya View Post
    The solo dungeons which are many and not limited to the 4 listed in the original post include the same rewards types, and in the case of the 4 dungeons listed, a number of rare tokens.
    So what is lacking is not the quantity of solo content, which is already present, but the quantity of solo content that gives access to rare tokens to purchase gear.
    Well, I kind of agree with your post, but I wouldn't mind see a new solo instance either. I'm not that oriented solo, but I have to admit it's a n option nice to have and I've spent quite my share of time in it.

But there's also really a problem of balance between time to do and reward. For instance, I've seen myself more than once thinking "I just have like 20 min or so to play, I don't want to try to group right now, maybe I could just do something like Refuge ? It has been a long time ! I just need to TP to kithai, make my way through Karakorum up to the entrance and... Ho, well just f*ck it, it would have been fun once inside, but the travel is not worth the 2 rare that I will get anyway. I could just do Isle + Dead man in about the same time for 4 time the reward"

Same applies to Forgotten City, which is a really nice instance, with gorgeous design, but even being a lootwhore, traveling there just for 1 rare seems so pointless it hurts.

Even if when you actually do travel there and do the instance, you enjoy the time.
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 25th November 2013 at 14:17.

Yes, more Unchained solo play is good. I am returning to AoC because of the three new Unchained solo instances. I took a break from AoC starting last june because there was never enough people on to do a Dungeon and I had done the two Unchained solo quests to boredom.

I have played AoC since May 2008, but there are still many original Dungeons I have never seen, just because groups picked the easy and fast ones to do over and over. So yes, getting an Unchained Quest solo version for these would also be great. Then when waiting for or not finding a group, you still have things to go do.

This too;

Quote Originally Posted by Gevlya View Post
    99% of the open world content is for solo play.
    That leaves just the question of the pay-off of doing it. Current rewards are gold and ressources, MOA with questing, the occasional caravan bags, and even more occasional rare drop.
    The solo dungeons which are many and not limited to the 4 listed in the original post include the same rewards types, and in the case of the 4 dungeons listed, a number of rare tokens.
    So what is lacking is not the quantity of solo content, which is already present, but the quantity of solo content that gives access to rare tokens to purchase gear.
    It's important that players have some type of token access from the solo Unchained quests which are pretty hard to complete. My Assassin can't complete any of them, same with my Ranger. So you have to have built you character quite a bit to be able to complete these and the reward should be rewarding to that type/level character.

EDIT:

ahh, the three new Unchained Quest versions are just more Group content. Well bye then. Everything in AoC level 80 is Group content. Some worthwhile things to do with solo time would be worth resubscribing though. Glad I checked in-game before re-subbing. Goodbye.
    Last edited by Bladesaint; 24th November 2013 at 19:15. Reason: just more group stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesaint View Post
    Ysolo Unchained quests which are pretty hard to complete. My Assassin can't complete any of them, same with my Ranger. So you have to have built you character quite a bit to be able to complete these and the reward should be rewarding to that type/level character.
    woah u cant do the solos??? as long as u have green gear and deathwhispers they are fine on sin hmmm

This is simply not true. As long as latency is fine and mobs are ccable a sin can manage. But there is a point when you need a bubble and do a lot dps (or have heals) to get past certain bosses.

But maybe you just forgot to mention certain "addons", guild buffs, shop potions and maxxed AA...well then a green geared assasin might have a chance. But this is the exception, not the rule.

All classes are not equal versus solo play.

My two main characters are POM and assassin. With the POM, i can solo AOK post revamp, Hall of Eternal Frost pre-revamp, or in single designed instance, pull the entire first floor of Attilus mansion (i.e. 30-40 level 80 mobs) and practically instant kill them. Unchained versions of Turan solo dungeons have been ridiculously easy from day 1. You cannot expect the same with an assasin, whatever the excellence of the player and the gear of the toon.

However if we look for example at Turan solo dungeons, this is considered high-end solo content, so why would someone who enjoys solo play go try the high end solo content in green gear? They can get 2 faction purples through solo questing, cultural craft gear from trades or others players, some BOE very cheap level 80 blues, etc.
    With perseverance, knowledge of the tactics and the class, that is enough to manage those dungeons. From there they can get rare tokens for another 5 purple pieces (3 in khitai, 2 in dragon spine), and purple faction weapons. You can even get those buff potions from Forgotten city to get it even smoother. They reward nice necklaces and rings.

So there is absolutely nothing that prevents a solo player, even if he wanted to stay solo 100% of its time, to get very decent gear and success in all solo content. He can also get the Khitan purple quest ring through Dragon symbols that drop from Paikang (solo).
    Last edited by Gevlya; 25th November 2013 at 15:30.

Yes, in theory possible but i will require ages or a certain dedication.

I really liked your idea of rares in general loot list or to add them to end bosses everywhere (or in case of exploits, link them to repeatable quests with countdown).

I also kind of liked the new idea with a quests, that includes several dungeons and gives good rewards (rares can be included here) after all are done. As they said, it adds variety and keeps people from farming only one instance after another. Also because of the quest steps it can be done in etappes. Should be easy to expand this system to old world, turan, solo themed instances (linkin slaughterhouse, an instance requiring turan and an instance requiring khitai would make no sense, though),
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 25th November 2013 at 18:45.

Yes, i agree, it will take that long because solo rares come only from a handful of dungeons with very long cooldowns. Having them drop from open world's bosses in small % would and through other ways make that a bit faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Uh maybe the devs should put pvp ahead of everything at this point?

Let's see, pvers have t1/2/3/3.5/4 (multiple t1's)
    Pvp? LOL. Throw a minimap to them and they can't whine about getting just one. What would it take? Few hours? A week if you do it well?

Yeah it's about time we get t5 right?

(i'm kidding and being also very serious)

Adding more solo dungeons that give rares or the random rare trophy to a world boss or bag does not solve the issues of sole pve'ers gearing up.

Funcom needs to allow all the faction armor dealers to sell all the armor pieces not just the wrists, feet, legs, chest, and helms. We need to be able to purchase all the pieces for a set from the vendor. Not sure why this has never been done. It is an easy thing to implement and would make tons of players happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Stop ruining otherwise perfectly fine thread with your nonsense.
    20 MoA is like 2 10 min solo quest. And you should never be able to obtain top tier raid gear with MoA, especially since you can buy MoA with veteran point packed by hundred for cheap.

And I say that being a player which does not have any single piece of T4 gear on any of his toon.

I'm not that oriented solo
    U can beat "the Monkey" to death and get 250 rares in a day
    MoAs r harder to get than Rares
    Veteran Tokens are available in limited number to avg player
    My "nonsense" is backed up by facts

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast