Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 15 posts from FC devs on TSW forums

I don't sure what dungeon finder need to be in game right now. People leave game, it's hard to find exp people who want to go into any dungeon. AoC need more things what keep people in game, like more events, better pvp/pve ladder, more good reviews, achivements system, improving less popular dungeons...

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    I don't sure what dungeon finder need to be in game right now. People leave game, it's hard to find exp people who want to go into any dungeon. AoC need more things what keep people in game, like more events, better pvp/pve ladder, more good reviews, achivements system, improving less popular dungeons...

Some great advertisements, tv commercials and youtube videos, soon. Elder scrolls and everquest coming up, which will lower the pop even more. We need a big boost and steady continuation of communication! Giggity!

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    they have metrics
    that, i truly beleive is not the case

Quote Originally Posted by di85ll View Post
    You start off by saying the pvp community was neglected. I think that's wrong. We got lots of pvp content:

Removal of white sands on pvp servers
    deathwish
    Bori
    seiges
    Removal of combo canceling
    removal of k/d
    addition of guards
    pvp bosses (worked on then scrapped)

I can go on.

Had resources been spent on better pvp ideas, maybe, just maybe the pvp community wouldn't be so bitter.

Unchained pvp mini's is the best pvp idea so far, it's something they can build upon. Hope thy actually release it.
    most of this is pve content, or content to protect pvers

removal of combo cancel is tweaking the mechanics

deathwish is the singke piece of content that i think had pvpers benefit more then pvers

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Unchained PvP is still in the works
    crosses fingers this means in developement instead of being on the to do list

thx for joining the forums fun btw

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Some great advertisements, tv commercials and youtube videos, soon. Elder scrolls and everquest coming up, which will lower the pop even more. We need a big boost and steady continuation of communication! Giggity!
    exactly, tho FC is short staff o.O makes it a challeneg to hire a pro for this kind of stuff

Dungeonfinder would be really nice while leveling up,not so sure about harder dungeons at 80 though. Some dungeons could also be split up, main system is just too dang long. They split up some dungeons in LOTRO with great sucess.

An alternative to dungeon finder would be to simply allow players who are on level to use the teleport option for low level dungeons,(similar to how F2P can teleport to Khitai dungeons if they buy temp access) so they can team up quickly without wasting time to travel. That's how the original meeting stone in WoW basicly worked, you clicked on it and you could teleport the team to the dungeon.

Thanx for comming on the forums Cirith

Do you have any news about The slithering Chaos dungeon in Dragon Spine? Or any info on when crafting revamp will be on testlive?

And im very curious about why you dont do small changes to combat mechanics like you do on TSW each time you patch. Major changes is not needed, but small tweaks like: adjustment to the ranger combo Takeing the shot, and damage output on carnage conqurer combos. Then next patch you do some more changes.
    Is small adjustments like these much code work?

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post

With things like offline levels I'm not 100% convinced these are the best use of development time. I'd rather provide things that are at least intended for level 80s. Having said that the next content release will at least be accessible without 'hard' level requirements.
    The reason i mentioned this is, that from my design experience this is a good route to take if you have exactly limited dev power, because most parts will be shared works. If you add loot that scales as well like the amulets and rings in forgotten city, you can smash a lot of flies with one clap.
    For example take any new instance. You need to do the placement and map design anyway. The additional work would be mostly offline work in theoretical designing the balance and scale values. And once you did the framework, it might as well take less database space too (one formula per mob instead of seperately defined stats).

You can then just define a minimum offset level (consistency ) and go. In addition you will automatically get the difficulty scaling solved too, because players can decide if they want to do the instance set at low level (if they have in group some of that) or tougher (a bit like the current oasis and such). Lootwise, you can already do scaling loot (the rare standard blue drops, the amulets and rings of forgotten city and breach, the new items in dead mans hand (harlot something)).

About the offline levels: From my experience the best is the one from 1 to 80. At 80 you either like it or don't, but before that it is rewarding by playing alone. Sure this might be different with twinks, but even there you have a replay value. And especially with new players and the pressure to release more and newer stuff at the top (if you keep encouraging players rushing to 80) in mind, this approach might be something you want to consider (especially if you have to revamp the loot lists for the crafting revamp anyway).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 21st November 2013 at 21:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Word of mouth is one of the most cost effective forms of advertisement for mmos

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast