Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 posts from FC devs on TSW forums

Default 15 posts from FC devs on TSW forums

In a 10 day period.. over 15 posts from the Funcom devs on the TSW forums. This isn't including update notes or announcements.

Why don't any concept artists, ui designer, programmers, etc. post on here? Always at least one single funcom post a day on the tsw forums. Nothing here at all.

We don't even get no stickin patch notes.

It's so bad over here that we need player mods to put up feedback threads and post the monthly dev letter now.

***originally posted on ftp forums by pickle

Playing devil's advocate here, but maybe it's because TSW doesn't have an extremely hostile PvP community to deal with?
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

"We stay away because of the problem our company has created for itself"

heh

in general the pvp community has been mistreated, especially since its easy for us to compare how they treat the pve community with content, how they invest in tsw, and how other pvp games succeed.

from what i take it, theres 2 kinds of pvp communities, the ones that want to boost self esteem, and the ones that strive to succeed in a regulated competitive environment. and then theres the lot that just like playing with buds , pvp, pve or watching the super-bowl together.

looking on how FC has treated the competitive market, i think its fair to say they are asking to have uniquely the raging-low-self-esteem bunch. I think FC must take responsibility for the customers it has left.

For me, theres this additional frustration that i think aoc could have a pvp environment to contend with LoL or WoW, games that in my opinion are lesser in pvp mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    "We stay away because of the problem our company has created for itself"
    thats the way i see it, if truly that is their business approach i do not think it is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    Playing devil's advocate here, but maybe it's because TSW doesn't have an extremely hostile PvP community to deal with?
    lets ignore the game we spent millions creating because we dont like the players.

That makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    lets ignore the game we spent millions creating because we dont like the players.

That makes perfect sense.
    Tossing millions after something you're not likely to realise a return on makes perfect sense though eh? Especially after you've just done exactly that on another one of your games (TSW) and it didn't really turn out that well. They just don't have the resources left to do it again.

You need to draw a line somewhere. That's what they've done. I'm not saying it's right, or acceptable, or anything of the sort. But that's how it is.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    Tossing millions after something you're not likely to realise a return on makes perfect sense though eh? Especially after you've just done exactly that on another one of your games (TSW) and it didn't really turn out that well. They just don't have the resources left to do it again.

You need to draw a line somewhere. That's what they've done. I'm not saying it's right, or acceptable, or anything of the sort. But that's how it is.
    That's quite different than blaming the PVP community for their lack of participation.

I'd guess it's because TSW forum is less of a toxic cesspit than this place.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    I'd guess it's because TSW forum is less of a toxic cesspit than this place.
    toxic how?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast