Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 15 posts from FC devs on TSW forums

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    Word of mouth is one of the most cost effective forms of advertisement for mmos
    If there were hundreds of thousands of active players, yes, but being realistic here...

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    If there were hundreds of thousands of active players, yes, but being realistic here...
    there was.. I think is my point.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    You are absolutely right there should be more dev posts here too.
    For reasons I won't go into it hasn't always been possible to do so though.

But hey lets take a leap of faith and try and change that.
    For my part at least I'll try and be a bit more active on the live forums (in general test live forums are easier to post on).

FYI its also fine to send private messages if you feel there is something really pressing that might have been overlooked by us. If its something within my area of expertise then I'll certainly try to answer (can't guarantee it though as I do have other work to do).
    In 5+ years of playing I think this is the first time I have ever seen someone other than a mod or GD comment on the general forums. I see developers start and open threads on TL forums but usually it's not a discussion, just a topic they start and the players have the discussion. I think there may have been some activity early on at launch, but I never bothered with the forums until my second year playing so I don't know.

As for the other 10 MMO's I have tried since 2008, developers are pretty much active, of course they will not respond to trolling or flaming, but for the most part there is a dialogue and sometimes a conversation with actual answers too. GW2 seemed to have the most interaction, but STO, WAR, Aion, TOR, Rift, and all the others I have tried always had developer feed back. AoC I admit has a terrible forum culture though, so it's understandable if there was a standing house rule that funcom employee's should not respond on the forums it would make sense.

But since there is a response, I will ask the question most pvpers want to know.

Q: How do you justify not increasing the current budget of stats on T3 PvP armor, weapons, and accessories when you have increased the current budget and Tiers of PvE gear several times since the PvP armor was released and continue to do so. Why are the best usable items for PvP PvE items and far above the PvP 10 weapons. How do you explain why one set (the PvP 10 items, T3 Pvp gear) has not changed since 2.0 but we keep progressing the power of PvE items?

I know you mentioned you do not work on pvp, but there has to be some communication when you all set to design new sets and budget stats, certainly someone somewhere in any of your meetings has mentioned PvP armor has been untouched since the Bori patch years ago and yet we are making armor 3 years newer with a 50% higher budget on stats. Someone has to see this. Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by Suctum; 22nd November 2013 at 01:13.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    You are absolutely right there should be more dev posts here too.
    For reasons I won't go into it hasn't always been possible to do so though.

But hey lets take a leap of faith and try and change that.
    For my part at least I'll try and be a bit more active on the live forums (in general test live forums are easier to post on).

FYI its also fine to send private messages if you feel there is something really pressing that might have been overlooked by us. If its something within my area of expertise then I'll certainly try to answer (can't guarantee it though as I do have other work to do).
    Good to see my information bank friend from TL post here too

Thanks

-jindjw

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    most of this is pve content, or content to protect pvers

removal of combo cancel is tweaking the mechanics

deathwish is the singke piece of content that i think had pvpers benefit more then pvers
    that was his point ... he was being facetious
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    AOC has bad coding
    Please link to the source code with your comments.

Please also post a link to any "good coding" you produced.
    Jou ppl need to undstand that it took great skill to play the Ranjor.please stop qq bout ranjor.

Nice to see a dev post. However, it does seem there is only 1 dev dedicated to AOC. So my question would be, how many are there really?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Funcom

Reasons people post more on the TSW forums (which I have also explicitly asked people not to discuss here so let me reiterate this wish)

- Not all devs feel comfortable posting about a game that they don't play. Some of our devs were hired out of the TSW community - they know TSW through and through but they won't feel comfortable discussing AoC with you, even though they are doing work on it.
    - Not all devs post period. The systems guys working on the tradeskill revamp have worked here longer than I have, but they rarely if ever post.

And finally:
    - Devs are more likely to post if people are nice, and these forums have plenty of combative posters.

As Cirith mentioned, there have also been rules in the past which were preventing people posting on the live forums but I have told devs that they are welcome to post if they would like to.

It will never be required, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    And finally:
    - Devs are more likely to post if people are nice, and these forums have plenty of combative posters.
    I bet this is the number 1 reason devs stay away from AoC forums. If I had to spend my free time coming to a web fórum just to see QQ and bitching, or that I suck at doing my job I'd stay away from it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgaarr View Post
    I bet this is the number 1 reason devs stay away from AoC forums. If I had to spend my free time coming to a web fórum just to see QQ and bitching, or that I suck at doing my job I'd stay away from it too.
    you are pve player atleast they give u some stuff they promised in 5 years, tell me what they gave to rp/ pvp players? nothing expect 1 mini game which is totally unbalanced and broken with exploits,

oh and ofc they throwed out the majority from this game, which btw was the pvp players. now on forums is the last pvp players asking where the promises are where we have put our money, but ofc funcom spend it on pve and this is why game is dead, problem sir?

funny how dumb some 2011 aoc boys are. and even pve is progressing wery slow, like i said before, better to fix old games first before making new one? in the end games would have better quality AND more players, but no u make lego game xD
    Last edited by Derled; 22nd November 2013 at 19:10.
    The Law

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast