Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback thread for Unchained Halls of Eternal Frost, Caravan Raiders Hideout

Quote Originally Posted by notkatla View Post
    I find the enrage timers to be sad, its been the trend now for a while at Funcom to make new fights a DPS race. But issue is that by doing that your phasing out guards. You have many instances now where people just don't want to get guards in the groups, unless they got even stronger group to make up for the loss of DPS.

I have not been bothered my self with the enrage timers since I been with good groups but at same time those been groups that don't want guards.

If continuing to make all fights DPS race then funcom should revamp the Guard asap or make guards get some buf or the group when a guard is present to make up for the loss of DPS.

Its really sad that instances are getting done by being selective on classes and stacking classes. Instead of basing instances on mechanics and strategy.

Other than that then I been very happy with the new instances.
    Are you RingOfSet?
    There is no issue with guards at all in those instances, unless those guards don't know what they are doing/the rest of the group is awful. S&S Guard gives good dps buffs to the group with a good duration and a short cooldown so the slight loss of dps is really negligible. Btw brute conqs don't do more dps than s&s guards, even in pvp. In fact I am often outdpsing brute conqs Pole guard actually weakens the group more than s&s guard (because in def stance it's a tiny dps difference with s&s while not bringing any group buffs) unless he gets the chance to go frenzy a lot.

I have only done 2 of those two instances (caravan and halls) and I honestly find them a little dull and somewhat easy (but I don't mind the latter and my group was a bit too OP to judge that properly I guess). Some boss fights are ok but I have mixed feelings about the whole thing and I know I won't be farming those instances (same feeling with Coils).
    Last edited by kalston; 23rd November 2013 at 15:55.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by notkatla View Post
    I been with good groups but at same time those been groups that don't want guards
    Protip: Those groups are not good groups. They're probably the same muppets who think hox isn't a mage.

Though you're right that enrage timers are mostly bad, the lazy designer's way out to create fake difficulty (looking at you, Vile Nativity), though not always. And while everything is getting racey, the fault with that lies in crit rating inflation on every damn item since T4 opened up.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I know I won't be farming those instances (same feeling with Coils).
    What instance you feel like farming anyway ?
    Funny thing actually is S&S guard is really good for the boss fight he's talking about. Better aggro burst, much needed imo to let the dpsers nuke with the +500% damage buff.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    What instance you feel like farming anyway ?
    I dunno, there's some I really like doing over and over such as Tian An or Wyrm or Vile Nativity :P

Quote Originally Posted by Radek87 View Post
    Srsly man, good try =)
    I am actually serious
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Default Bug (scorpion cave dungeon)

1- dunno if reported already or even if its "working as intended" but the charmed person on Scorpion Prince Archer boss sometimes teleports against his target never giving any chance of CC the charmed person or kiting

2- trash mobs respawned all round inside the dungeon, again dunno if this is intended or bug

3- when fighting Constantius the Falcon boss a scorpion boss spawned from nothing and we had to kill 2 at the same time (just kidding , we wipped), it happened only once though
    Last edited by PutchPT; 24th November 2013 at 19:15.
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

We finally managed to kill the Demigod of Acheron tonight <3

However, I still think that several aspects of this fight need major nerfs, especially the adds upstairs and the amount the boss hits for in the second phase.

Quote Originally Posted by cynara View Post

However, I still think that several aspects of this fight need major nerfs, especially the adds upstairs and the amount the boss hits for in the second phase.
    Can you show us what phat lewtz dropped? I;ve been seeing a lot of BoE purples in global the past couple days.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by cynara View Post

10707 hp on tos. Does it mean it hits so hard that you need so much survival gear?
    Last edited by ZackApior; 24th November 2013 at 00:33.

He dropped an Abyssal Cloak of the Hell Walker (purple, bind on pickup, 33 con, 75 magic dmg, 41 hit rtg, 30 hate dec rtg, 56 crit dmg rtg) and a few Acheronian chests (none of them purple, unfortunately).

As for my HP, I just like having lots of HP on my squishy classes when doing new content, just for a bit of extra safety margin. TBH the only survivability gear I wore were two rings.

Tainted Souls killed Demigod <3

We had S&S Guard, Conq, BS, PoM, HoX and Sin in our group

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast