Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback thread for Unchained Halls of Eternal Frost, Caravan Raiders Hideout

Quote Originally Posted by madureunos View Post
    Here's my feedback: HAVE LOOT DROP. cause it doesn't.
    So you prefer the loot table from the caches dropped by the boss itself? How eaxctly is that anything different since it will still have the same chances to drop the loot? Except that the loot table would be even bigger meaning that if unlucky you would only get hox loot? I'd say that's worse but ofcourse we all cant agree.

It's much better to have it in boxes, since then BOE items are hidden for example. BOE epics have been a problem in open loot since the color system was introduced 15 years ago.

There will always be someone who will demand the epic BOE since they need it or whatever, and there will always be someone who's really upset because a class who can't use the boe needs on it etc,etc.

With hidden loot most people are ok. Only problem I have is that there is a chance the boxes can be ninjaed.

Example if the loot (need/greed) panel never pop when you open the box, then whoever opened the box can take a loot and noone would ever know it was even there.

Others can also ninja the loot if the box is closed, so most people will usually stay the F away from the box, or they can be accused of ninja.

This is a bigger problem when there is only a chance the loot will be dropping, like the ring or these epic boxes, since they can be taken without any evidence they were ever there... Atleast if 1 box dropped minimum the team would know that whoever opened the box ninjaed(if it's not there).

So when that happens you can never be sure if GL took the box or not, it creates a presure on GL too, "do they think I took the box now?)....(Group leader usually open the loot box).
    Last edited by JoelForPrez; 22nd November 2013 at 18:25.

point missed and twisted as usual. I obviously care and enjoy the game or I wouldn't be here.

The delivery system for the loot, being class specific and all is awesome.

Edited above: I like the caches & chests idea, just not that their empty or have nothing worth while. I like the instances and new challenges, just not that their fruitless. The purple cache drop rate seems to be less than 5% chance.

Meaning you can do the entire loop of 3 instances and not get anything...and I mean NO ONE getting LOOT. NADA. So be prepared.
    Last edited by madureunos; 22nd November 2013 at 21:23.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by madureunos View Post
    point missed and twisted as usual. I obviously care and enjoy the game or I wouldn't be here.

The delivery system for the loot, being class specific and all is awesome.

Edited above: I like the caches & chests idea, just not that their empty or have nothing worth while. I like the instances and new challenges, just not that their fruitless. The purple cache drop rate seems to be less than 5% chance.

Meaning you can do the entire loop of 3 instances and not get anything...and I mean NO ONE getting LOOT. NADA. So be prepared.
    It certainly shouldn't be the case that loot boxes are empty, can I confirm that really is the case? Also note that the spirit's of Un-Nefer in the Halls of Eternal Frost are not really considered boss encounters (he has the boss tag I know) and hence aren't itemised with the same drops as the main bosses elsewhere.

If you add AoK to that loop you will have a guaranteed 3 epic caches (which yes may drop potions, I'm currently looking at the drop rates and considering changes here) via the quest.

The intention with this set up was to create a circuit out of all 4 unchained dungeons rather than farming the easier/quicker ones.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Mechanics in the encounters are similar to those in Unchained mode ...
    The intention was not necessarily to make them harder (though it may be a byproduct, in our internal testing we had no trouble beating them ... make them more fun to do and try and encourage more social interactions within the groups.
    More challenge is more fun (Toirdealbach is one of the prime examples: once you know the tactics, you can defeat her with some little effort), so I hope your words are true. The only lines that make me shiver are that some mechanics were "toned down' and other "removed" and that "we had no trouble beating them", but it could mean that the side-effect of applying the Unchained tactics made the instances overall harder (that is the fun factor) and that your team was familiar with the tactics; thus having no trouble here. I really anticipate, with the change to the NM of the dungeons, to have wipe outs with a levelling team now until we figure out the tactics (social factor, interaction, voice communications, as you have said).

Two more questions: what is there to "tone down" and "remove" if there was nothing hard to do with people of the dungeon level? I guess you might mean "replaced with harder and coordination-demanding Unchained tactics that are different from the previous mechanics"?
    Were bosses, hopefully, boosted in health a bit? People get a lot of AAs and bonuses these days compared to the old days.

It was, however, impossible or near to impossible to say how many people would like some changes to an initial dungeon in normal mode, as Amphitheater of Karutonia was a certain miss from Funcom where grouping (social fun factor) was removed from the prerequisite quest line (we used to have raids there at the Son of Ymir: now, the area feels empty!), animal handler removed (the Main System final boss seems to have his children in every instance), and all the grim swarm running towards the person unchaining the frost giant became one easily defeated single-target monster. It was also great and unique to pull the monster to the giant. One can run through AoK without any entertainment with 5 people of level 62 (one tank)...
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 23rd November 2013 at 04:38.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    The intention with this set up was to create a circuit out of all 4 unchained dungeons rather than farming the easier/quicker ones.
    I do think that quest was a great idea. Just a thought here, why not have a quest like this also, for completing every godslayer (in godslayer mode). There's some pretty underused dungeons there too by comparison to the easy ones, standing out here is obviously Jade Dugout. Plus doing whole circuit would be fun to get a special reward for.

I haven't done all the bosses in Scorpion cave, but so far i really like those unchained modes. Some have pretty nice tactics. Fun to figure out and challenging to achieve.

Some fights might need a few adjustement though. I'm thinking of the Scorpion Cave bosss that charms. Might ba a tad too gear dependant to get the dps needed to get him down before the enrage. And the boss in Carvane Raiders hideout with candles. The candle dpsing can be very boring.

Otherwise like the idea of the quest too. Only thing thoug is it's not all that motivating to go there for rewards when you don't know what you'll get if you get anything.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

In the notes some additional bonus was mentioned, if you did all the unchained modes. I wonder, if the Forgotten city, breach and Dead mans isle do count in these as well and if not, if it is planned to include the random quest chest loot to those as well?

Btw, i see no problem with combining the spawning chest, old school need/greed chest, quest rewards and tokens...

The way the loot was handled in the halloween quests was nice, imo. You could trade/sell the chests, but not the found loot.

Default Enrage timers

I find the enrage timers to be sad, its been the trend now for a while at Funcom to make new fights a DPS race. But issue is that by doing that your phasing out guards. You have many instances now where people just don't want to get guards in the groups, unless they got even stronger group to make up for the loss of DPS.

I have not been bothered my self with the enrage timers since I been with good groups but at same time those been groups that don't want guards.

If continuing to make all fights DPS race then funcom should revamp the Guard asap or make guards get some buf or the group when a guard is present to make up for the loss of DPS.

Its really sad that instances are getting done by being selective on classes and stacking classes. Instead of basing instances on mechanics and strategy.

Other than that then I been very happy with the new instances.

Feedback thread? Did I log onto the Testlive Forums by mistake?
    And we have a chance at a chance to score epic loot? Yes, I meant to type a "chance at a chance." Right on. Great odds.
    Last edited by kinlock; 23rd November 2013 at 14:43.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast