Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback thread for Unchained Halls of Eternal Frost, Caravan Raiders Hideout

Cleaned up a lot of posts.
    Topic should be obvious... stay on it.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

One thing about loot - don't bother with pets next time. They are useless in AoC. We cannot use them in instances. In open world they disappear as soon as we enter combat. So they would only work for F2Per or global trolls who can stay all day long in Khemi or Tarantia doing nothing. But f2pers won't get them and trolls don't bother to use them.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

I'm not really happy with the loot drop % currently. I got 4 quests completed, and saw no purples at all except for one in amp and then the guaranteed ones from sepulcher and coils. That's like 16? dungeons.. and not easy/fast ones generally at least semi time consuming to do them all.. and I see 5 total purples, none of which I won anyway?

The purple reward chests need to be reworked. I'm raging pretty hard when I open 6 in a row having saved them up and then get 2 str pots, 2 con pots, 1 stamina pot, and 1 crit pot. I'd even be happy with a useless pet at this point because the potions are just horrible. 2 hours duration? It takes more than 2 hours to complete the loop!

I had a friend get a purple helm out of a blue box, and another guy got a BoE hox sword from his purple box.. so it can happen, it's just really really small %. I'm after only 1-2 specific things and I'm pretty close to just saying ****it because the chances of a purple are so small, let alone the accessory I want.. that it's basically just a waste of time.

All this negativity being said, I do really like the dungeon and the concept. I just feel the small % to occasionally get a purple needs to be increased, especially on the reward chests. Also possibly increase the rare tokens so it's somewhat on par with other stuff on a time/rare comparison.

I don't resent consumable loot, for I understand it gives an incentive to come back to these instances even after having obtained all the "permanent" item loot possible, in particular for 10% strength/wisdom potions you can't get anywhere else (for now).

That being said things such as 5x potent daggamalt, that are already easily obtainable by other means and yet for some reason not used by players that much, should be removed from those loot tables.

The encounters themselves are really nice, good job.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

All the encounters so far have been pretty fun!

Demigod it seems the fight wasn't tested properly before going to live. Fun fight with different approaches to getting the kill, which I liked.

Fix Sodabeth not updating in hardmode. It's sad to go in normal mode for quest update.

Tweak/Change/Fix the Demigod encounter.

Remove the armor from protection tanking cloak. It's completely redundant and should be swapped with some other useful stat like hitrating or damage.

Remove manaregen from Bear Shaman healrating ring and give it a real stat. It's a disgrace this is our best healrating alternative when PoMs/ToSes get full benefit from t4 accessories and we have to walk around in crap accessories or no healrating.
    Healrating was introduced in 2010, we are in 2013 now. Please show some competence...

The 10% attribute pots are a really nice addition, but they should last 4 hours like other pots.

For the coming unchained dungeons I request more difficulty. Something is wrong when the majority of server is farming everything after 3 days...!
    No mystery left. Nothing more to find out. No rarebosses. We need more hidden fights and rarities!
    Last edited by Lurvi; 25th November 2013 at 14:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    I don't resent consumable loot, for I understand it gives an incentive to come back to these instances even after having obtained all the "permanent" item loot possible, in particular for 10% strength/wisdom potions you can't get anywhere else (for now).

That being said things such as 5x potent daggamalt, that are already easily obtainable by other means and yet for some reason not used by players that much, should be removed from those loot tables.

The encounters themselves are really nice, good job.

I don't mind the str/wis/con pots.. but I don't want to get 3/3 of them every time I open a reward set of boxes. It gets old fast. Either you haven't done it enough times, or you're just too used to the abuse and happy with grinding several days without an item to show for it. (besides crappy potions of course)

Also, please remove the cooldown of the quest in the DS ones. It makes it very annoying if you have 1 out of 4 dungeons left going into a new day and complete it then can't work on your next quest until the following day. The kesh set is better in that aspect, since the quest is immediately claimable again once completed.

I agree, the 20 hour cooldown the the quest is too long.

Very often you'll finish the quest late in night, and you can't start again the next day before afternoon. Or like fuzzy say, if you are left behind with only one instance and you complete it during the day, you have to wait an entire day before being able to start it again...

Give it a 4 hour cooldown or something like that.

Funcom

Hi everyone,

so as previously mentioned somewhere, with this loot system it is really easy to tweak drop chances for any item grouping we have set up and it is something I am looking into doing.
    Just to explain the logic behind the system though, the intention with the potions was to provide something which will continue to have some use after the armour/weapon/accessory items have been gained.
    If for example I were to increase the chance of head/chest epic pieces dropping to something pretty high, you would get those items a lot quicker yes but then you'd also be getting dupes of them pretty commonly too and in the long term I do think the potions are a better item to be the 'majority' drop item.

That said maybe some items are dropping a bit too infrequently and that is something I'm looking at.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Hersch View Post
    Just a thought here, why not have a quest like this also, for completing every godslayer (in godslayer mode). There's some pretty underused dungeons there too by comparison to the easy ones, standing out here is obviously Jade Dugout. Plus doing whole circuit would be fun to get a special reward for.
    Hmmm, that is pretty good idea, we will give this some consideration.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    I agree, the 20 hour cooldown the the quest is too long.

Very often you'll finish the quest late in night, and you can't start again the next day before afternoon. Or like fuzzy say, if you are left behind with only one instance and you complete it during the day, you have to wait an entire day before being able to start it again...

Give it a 4 hour cooldown or something like that.
    Yep I agree I think 4h is sufficient for what we wanted to achieve here, I can make those adjustments.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast