Thread: Juggernaut and leveling

Default Juggernaut and leveling

(I wish I could post this in the actual Guardian sub-subforum...)

Eh, I want to level with Sword and Shield and the Juggernaut talent tree. You can call it RP reasons. If this can't be done, I'll just switch to the Ranger. I feel that Jugg is weak no matter how you look at it and that even if you DO spec it, you are better off using a spear instead of intended SnS.

What do I think they should do?

Well either double the HP regen amounts on both Toughness and Recovery OR halve the natural HP regen interval(4s->2s). I am more for the first one because it won't mess with all sorts of things. Also, there aren't any interesting feats in Jugg and then you end up taking the Soldier talent tree(which is good, but kinda boring).

All in all, I LOVE Guardian ever since I first tried him 2 years ago, but he is still so nerf(not the polearm tempe, but SnS jugg ofc ). What a shame...

I leveled my guard 4 years ago as juggernaut, it is just slower than with other classes, but not harder at all.
    Plus, jugg got much more damage output nowadays than it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehkur View Post
    (I wish I could post this in the actual Guardian sub-subforum...)

Eh, I want to level with Sword and Shield and the Juggernaut talent tree. You can call it RP reasons. If this can't be done, I'll just switch to the Ranger. I feel that Jugg is weak no matter how you look at it and that even if you DO spec it, you are better off using a spear instead of intended SnS.

What do I think they should do?

Well either double the HP regen amounts on both Toughness and Recovery OR halve the natural HP regen interval(4s->2s). I am more for the first one because it won't mess with all sorts of things. Also, there aren't any interesting feats in Jugg and then you end up taking the Soldier talent tree(which is good, but kinda boring).

All in all, I LOVE Guardian ever since I first tried him 2 years ago, but he is still so nerf(not the polearm tempe, but SnS jugg ofc ). What a shame...
    You don't see any burst potential until you get down far in the tree, Brutal Destroyer and Power House help with the damage, so does Titanic Smash. All you really have until then is Battle Cry(if feated) and savage strikes-and that's pretty far down in the tree.

Not really an ideal build to level with...
    Doomsayer 2008

Why does this silly sentiment keep popping up? Guard is NOT weak. Guard is and had always been the strongest class until very recently. If it looks weak to you, you don't understand what weak means. Get your vocabulary straight, damn whippersnappers these days...

Where have I said that he is weak?

I have switched to what I call tough tempe(5 points in Toughness/recovery->down the tempe we go) and I have to say that it is way more fun/effective/whatever than jugg. What's hurting jugg the most below 30(and subsequently making people quit this awesome class ;( )?

The LACK of HEAVY Armour. If only they could switch storyline/difficult quest rewards so it included a piece of Heavy Armour. That way people would truly feel what does it mean to be a Soldier(unlike now). A bit more explanation:

By the end of Tortage, you have experienced almost everything each class has to offer-miasma abilities/advantages/stances/etc. Only thing that is missing is the spellweaving and the lower attacks. Not that lacking imo. Meanwhile you have Soldiers who are supposed to be resilient, but are anything but that sub 30. I mean I feel more secure on a barbarian zerk build just CCing/AoEing everything to hell and back than I do on a jugg guard. That's...kinda wrong wouldn't you say?

I mean all the other classes have s Real choice of which tree to go down through. Not so on guard. You have tempe and then you have tempe. Interesting right? Contrast our situation with, say, Necro and the deal is sealed. Necro has the option of buffing pets Defensively(right side of reanimation tree) or buffing them Offensively(left part), buffing cold spells(left side-NF tree) or buffing Unholy spells(right side NF tree). Then you can go minion heavy(full reanimation), Spell heavy(full NF), cold+tough pets, cold+deadly pets, Unholy+tough pets and Unholy+deadly pets. LOL!

Meanwhile we get 1 1/2 build(s). Now That's real fair! >.<

Ah, so this is a rant thread.

Well, many people like jugg the way it is.
    You don't. Roll a dt, issue sorted.

No this is an advice thread.

How about those Heavy Armours Funcom? They are PRETTY important to us...

What's the reason behind them being 30 anyhow? It's just stupid.