Thread: Two computers

Post Two computers

Hiya everyone,

Hoping someone can help me out. I am looking to purchase 'the secret world' for my boyfriend and me to play with together. He's set up on one computer and I'm set up on another. Before I purchase the game though I was wondering; do I need to buy us two copies(one for his comp and one for mine) or can I get away with just buying one copy between the two of us?

A thread on TSW forum (which I can't log into without the game) mentioned how her TSW game was installed onto her friends comp but it didn't save her key binds from one computer to another. So it does sounds like you can use one copy of the game on multiple comp's but I wanted to make sure, especially with the use of 'game keys'. Especially as We will be playing the game at the same time and because of the keys. All help is much appreciated!

The way MMO's work is as follows:

1. The game client is free of charge and can be installed on any computer.

2. To be able to use the client to play, you need your own account.

So, with this in mind, you need to purchase two copies (either as a boxed copy from the local store or digitally from the account page).

Quote Originally Posted by sensianna View Post
    ... So it does sounds like you can use one copy of the game on multiple comp's ..
    If you are logging into your own account, just need to download the client and thats what they meant by different keybinding. That is PC based, not account.

So .. for 2 of you to play together, do need 2 copies of the game on 2 PCs.

Don't forget the invite a friend button on account page.

Question

Ah k, well ty for your help!

Also, I found the DVD version of it on amazon and was wondering if there was any difference between that and the digital version?
    I don't really want to download the digital copy because then I have to be careful about opening videos etc so I don't lose that connection with the download.

I also prefer the thought of having a physical copy of the game instead of just a digital one. So is there any down side to having the physical copy of the secret world rather than the downloaded copy?

In a few years the physical copy will probably have to patch just as much as the download client would.

I would go with the cheapest option.

Also, I don't know if it will happen with TSW, but with AoC, they changed the format of the data files compared to the original boxed copy ... thus, I would tend to want to download the digital copy if I was installing it today. You only need to download it once (and then copy it onto the other computer).
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)